Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tattoos

tattoos

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Louisiana
  • Fav Band Seven Lions
  • Fav Song All Alone

Most people want tattoos to have them.

Sylar

Sylar

I'm a Merman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Texas
  • Fav Band ~
  • Fav Song Rabbit Heart

Well I don't believe that every tattoo you get has to have deep meaning. That's just like trying to find a complex reason behind a simple action. I'm getting the tattoo because it is the exact same as one of my favorite champion/character from a video game (Kat -- you know who that is Davey) and I seriously enjoy her personality and errthing about her. But I also thought her tattoo looked cool so there's that :3

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Seven Lions
  • Fav Song All Alone

Well I don't believe that every tattoo you get has to have deep meaning. That's just like trying to find a complex reason behind a simple action. I'm getting the tattoo because it is the exact same as one of my favorite champion/character from a video game (Kat -- you know who that is Davey) and I seriously enjoy her personality and errthing about her. But I also thought her tattoo looked cool so there's that :3

^Reason :lol:

Edit: Yes, I know who Kat is, and I like to play with her from time to time. But my go-to champs are always Blitz, Voli, or Vi (as of now).

Sylar

Sylar

I'm a Merman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Texas
  • Fav Band ~
  • Fav Song Rabbit Heart

Yeah, it's the reason I'm getting it, but it's not a very deep meaning such as having birds because it represents freedom or whatever because they used to be restrained in something something and hardships. (no bashing on y'all with bird tattoos, just stating an example that I gave little thought about).

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Win.

--

I don't know, tribal tattoos are just so damn taboo nowadays. There were a hit way back in the early 90s (and possibly before then).

However, I feel that the tattoos you get must reflect something about your nature, culture (if you are part of a tribe, that is), personality, or represent something about you as a person, in general. If not, don't get it, because then, it's just a pure waste of money.

Well I believe tattoos have to mean something to you. If you want something that looks cool, get a good haircut or some new clothes, don't forever stain your skin with it.

Even if the reason is something as simple as "I really like dolphins" or something as complex as "I served in the army as a teenager and young adult, I was shooting at the enemy, half my squad were killed from traps and mines but we pulled through in the end. I almost died, but thanks to this cigarette case a bullet hit that instead. The bullet hit the little heart shape on the case and I decided then to get a tattoo of a heart with a bullet resting in the centre to remind me just how lucky I was. " as long as there's a reason that isn't "it looks cool" I don't mind. 

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Seven Lions
  • Fav Song All Alone

Yeah, it's the reason I'm getting it, but it's not a very deep meaning such as having birds because it represents freedom or whatever because they used to be restrained in something something and hardships. (no bashing on y'all with bird tattoos, just stating an example that I gave little thought about).

Well, that would be a pretty badass tat, and I demand to see photos for comparison. And I got my bird because it represents my personality ;)

Well I believe tattoos have to mean something to you. If you want something that looks cool, get a good haircut or some new clothes, don't forever stain your skin with it.

Even if the reason is something as simple as "I really like dolphins" or something as complex as "I served in the army as a teenager and young adult, I was shooting at the enemy, half my squad were killed from traps and mines but we pulled through in the end. I almost died, but thanks to this cigarette case a bullet hit that instead. The bullet hit the little heart shape on the case and I decided then to get a tattoo of a heart with a bullet resting in the centre to remind me just how lucky I was. " as long as there's a reason that isn't "it looks cool" I don't mind. 

LMFAO! I'm weak from laughing your post, dude.

But I feel you. I hate the people that get stuff because it looks "cool". It's just a bad idea.

--

Also, I just got my fishies colored in :)

2ntibzd.jpg

Two Headed Bro

Two Headed Bro

basedyoloswag4lyf

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lil B 'The Based God'
  • Fav Song Lil B - I'm God
I'll probably get something within the next year. I've been considering one since I was about 17. It would most likely be some geometric black work. At the moment toying with a thick black line from below my right knee to ankle.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

Well, that would be a pretty badass tat, and I demand to see photos for comparison. And I got my bird because it represents my personality ;)

LMFAO! I'm weak from laughing your post, dude.

But I feel you. I hate the people that get stuff because it looks "cool". It's just a bad idea.

--

Also, I just got my fishies colored in :)

2ntibzd.jpg

I feel so impolite for asking this, but Is this on your leg? 

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Seven Lions
  • Fav Song All Alone

I feel so impolite for asking this, but Is this on your leg? 

No, don't think I'm ready for the calf, or the shin. My ex did her's and she said it "kills".

It's my right forearm. And it also "killed".

Chip

Chip

Potato Chips Are Friends, Not Food

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Virginia
  • Fav Band .

My mom has considered letting me get a tattoo on my sixteenth birthday, but she has to deem it worthy enough to stay on my body forever. What I know i'm gonna get eventually is my cousins name, birthdate, and deathdate on my wrist. It'll probably be a gorgeous color of blue and something like this...

Vada AnnaBelle

11-15-05 to 12-23-11

But in the "Respective" font, which looks like this...

950ccc8048f04f7aafe47af8b1b33845.png

Alch

Alch

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

*necro's thread*

Had the breast cancer ribbon on my outer-bicep done 3 years ago for my mom's 5th year of remission, all of us kids did. (knock on wood)

and the shoulder rose i designed 2 years ago saying 'promise delivered already broken', where the rose symbolizes 'love', thus- love is a promise delivered already broken.

What's great is my artist, Joe, his son came in while it was being done and asked, 'what's it for?', and Joe says, "well obviously a few cold-hearted women [(plural!)] have torn out his heart and trampled on it too many times".   I was like, "...yup" ._.

I definitely plan on getting 1 more, maybe 2 but that's far off.

201740_1639866798921_1201769_o.jpg

Innocence

Innocence

stuck in a daze

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band --------

^ I'm sorry man, but that tattoo is horrible.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
I have a tribal tattoo :/ I wish I got something different now. I want another tattoo on my other foot but it would have been awesome if I could have got matching ones. But meh what's done is done :)

Alch

Alch

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

But meh what's done is done :)

that's the spirit!!

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

I have a tribal tattoo :/ I wish I got something different now. I want another tattoo on my other foot but it would have been awesome if I could have got matching ones. But meh what's done is done :)

Did you get it on the base of your foot? I hear that's the worst place for tattoos when it comes to the amount of pain caused

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tattoos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users