Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anger

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Lady Pitbull

Lady Pitbull

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Louisiana
  • Fav Band Nickleback
  • Fav Song throw yourself away

What is the best way to control anger issues? I'm having difficulties, and i really am trying to quit cutting again. I have not done it in over four months but I feel like I'm going to slip up. Do you have any ideas that could help distract me and keep me occupied when I can not control my anger? I am not joking. I do not need theropy or someone to try to stop me from cutting. I need distractions and ideas if anyone is willing to share their thoughts.

KimberleyAnn'

KimberleyAnn'

First classs bitch.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sleeping with sirens.
  • Fav Song Rodger rabbit.

Doctor.

Infinity

Infinity

We are all broken lights

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

squeeze ice chips, go running or another physical activity, and repeat a calming mantra in your head and focus on it. 

Lady Pitbull

Lady Pitbull

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Nickleback

Doctors make it worse for me. I already try running, but I think too much. I've never tried the ice cube thing, but i wil now.

IamAshley.

IamAshley.

Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you <3

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

If the icecube thing doesn't work. My counsellor told me to wear a rubberband on my wrist and to flick it when you need quick-relief non-permenant pain. And with the anger, I know this has been said and done by everyone but take a deep breath and count 10 seocnd in your head, allow yourself to calm down and analyse the situation before jumpting to unneccessary, reckless solutions, it can often help

Emo_Child

Emo_Child

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Torture, especially to oneself has been a hobby...I feel that pushing your anger to the highest is the solution.. .I'm not recommending suicide.No I suggest taking every mean, heartbreaking,anger building things and replaying it in ur mind because when u can't take it anymore you cry crying releases the pain and anger and turns it back into the innocence of the original soul. We don't need love to be someone because in reality without our hatred who are we really? I do this all the time btw I am pretty sure its safe enough

ღLunaria

ღLunaria

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Throw a temper tantrum. No kidding, it kinda works.

1) Wear shoes if you want, although I don't bother.

2) I um, just stomp, scream and stuff. I sometimes wave my fists up and down like I'm hammering something. If you're addicted to the pain/numb of cutting, the stomping helps especially if you do it hard. Just don't break your foot.... 

3) Pretend you're killing whatever people / issues by stomping on them.

I usually wait till no one is home because it's kinda awkward...

Probably not the best idea, but that's what works for me.

Lady Pitbull

Lady Pitbull

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Nickleback

I have tried the rubber band and it doesnt work for me. The hissie fit just pisses me off more and I usually end up destroying my room when i do it. My biggest problem is controling my anger and temper when im around people. I either want to cut or punch their faces in. Neither are approperate and i do not feel like getting arested for asult . i will try some of these things, but i doubt they will work. I just dont know what to do. ughhhhhhhhh

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Therapist, anger managment, etc. When you can't control or help something yourself, a third party will benefit in helping.

muPHiiNz

muPHiiNz

Frequent lurker, rare poster.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Nebraska
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -

^Not always.

I have serious problems with anger. Going to therapy/psych just upsets me more, because we go in the same fucking circles every time. Shit get's my blood pressure up just thinking off the bullshit. haha.

I think just blowing off steam via bike-ride/rollerblading/running (sprints)/etc really helps. Especially if you are a physical person and take some sort of enjoyment out of breaking things and just using your hands.
MP3 player on amped up music (or really chill), and just start sprinting. Before you know it you'll have cooled off and can jog your way back or just keep running for a while.
Just focus on how your feet hit the ground, your breathing, etc. Essentially just an active meditation.

Meditation also has helped me a lot.
I will grab green tea that I brew every night and stick in the fridge. Sit myself down in a comfortable place (room, bathroom, etc). Either turn on music or not at all. Just focus on what your toes feel, what your feet feel, what your knees feel, hips, ass, back, shoulders, fingers, elbows, neck, and then go in reverse. Focus on the sounds of nothing or on the beat.
---

If you have tried all those, and it's not instant relief; Run harder. Bike faster.
Eventually you will get it so you can sit down and cool off and then try meditation.
But punching a tree or kicking a ball around the lawn is always a good way to let off steam. 

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Torture, especially to oneself has been a hobby...I feel that pushing your anger to the highest is the solution.. .I'm not recommending suicide.No I suggest taking every mean, heartbreaking,anger building things and replaying it in ur mind because when u can't take it anymore you cry crying releases the pain and anger and turns it back into the innocence of the original soul. We don't need love to be someone because in reality without our hatred who are we really? I do this all the time btw I am pretty sure its safe enough

Holy shit that's bad advice. 

I usually take my anger out with a healthy outlet. Things like intense exercise, running, walking, hitting a punchbag etc. Something that can release your anger in a healthy way, because let's face it, if you're going to be angry you should turn it into something beneficial. Hitting a loved one or harming yourself is only going to worsen things, not that I'm assuming you do that.

As for getting angry in the first place: What triggers your anger? 

Emo_Child

Emo_Child

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Actually I do... idk y I just do what triggers my anger is my so called friends. I love my mom tho and if I have to hurt myself mentally so she doesn't have to see me bleed I will but ur way is good too thx 4 the idea maybe it will help me more

Lady Pitbull

Lady Pitbull

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Nickleback

Holy shit that's bad advice. 

I usually take my anger out with a healthy outlet. Things like intense exercise, running, walking, hitting a punchbag etc. Something that can release your anger in a healthy way, because let's face it, if you're going to be angry you should turn it into something beneficial. Hitting a loved one or harming yourself is only going to worsen things, not that I'm assuming you do that.

As for getting angry in the first place: What triggers your anger? 

Many things have triggered it lately. The worst though, is actions of other people. I do not understand why but ive been having issues with my family and their issues. They use me like a theropist , yet they don't return the favor. All their problems come to me and make me stress. The stress triggers my anger , and I've come close to hurting them physically. When i think of hurting them i have to either take a walk, or i will get upset and just go get my box. In my box i have a special razor. I haven't used it but I think about it. Im not writing all of this for attention I swear. I am just looking for a solution.

^Not always.

I have serious problems with anger. Going to therapy/psych just upsets me more, because we go in the same fucking circles every time. Shit get's my blood pressure up just thinking off the bullshit. haha.

I think just blowing off steam via bike-ride/rollerblading/running (sprints)/etc really helps. Especially if you are a physical person and take some sort of enjoyment out of breaking things and just using your hands.
MP3 player on amped up music (or really chill), and just start sprinting. Before you know it you'll have cooled off and can jog your way back or just keep running for a while.
Just focus on how your feet hit the ground, your breathing, etc. Essentially just an active meditation.

Meditation also has helped me a lot.
I will grab green tea that I brew every night and stick in the fridge. Sit myself down in a comfortable place (room, bathroom, etc). Either turn on music or not at all. Just focus on what your toes feel, what your feet feel, what your knees feel, hips, ass, back, shoulders, fingers, elbows, neck, and then go in reverse. Focus on the sounds of nothing or on the beat.
---

If you have tried all those, and it's not instant relief; Run harder. Bike faster.
Eventually you will get it so you can sit down and cool off and then try meditation.
But punching a tree or kicking a ball around the lawn is always a good way to let off steam. 

I think I will try the running and meditation. It sounds really good . I use to run, but haven't had time

Lady Pitbull

Lady Pitbull

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Nickleback

Therapist, anger managment, etc. When you can't control or help something yourself, a third party will benefit in helping.

I've been to more therapist  and  anger managment classes than I can count. They twist my words into something that I don't mean. Because of those stupid people my life has wrecked.I truely hate them with a passion. None of my friends, or family really care as long as i don't hurt myself. Knowing that alone makes me want to, but I know better. All it does is get a little attention and a trip back to the doctor.

muPHiiNz

muPHiiNz

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -

Many things have triggered it lately. The worst though, is actions of other people. I do not understand why but ive been having issues with my family and their issues. They use me like a theropist , yet they don't return the favor. All their problems come to me and make me stress. The stress triggers my anger , and I've come close to hurting them physically.

I think I will try the running and meditation. It sounds really good . I use to run, but haven't had time

Sounds a bit like my situation. Some people just know how to piss me the fuck off, and they don't know they are doing it.
I have not hit anyone. Because 99/100 times I will never take first swing. :lol:

The physical exercise really helps, plus it will give you killer calves/thighs. Guys love girls with runners legs, and chicks dig guys with toned muscles. ;)
If you want to do the meditation with music, I find buddhist monk chanting, gregorian chant, and tibet singing-bowls to be what I prefer. Also NASA has the "sounds of the universe" which is simply amazing to meditate to!

Lady Pitbull

Lady Pitbull

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Nickleback

Sounds a bit like my situation. Some people just know how to piss me the fuck off, and they don't know they are doing it.
I have not hit anyone. Because 99/100 times I will never take first swing. :lol:

The physical exercise really helps, plus it will give you killer calves/thighs. Guys love girls with runners legs, and chicks dig guys with toned muscles. ;)
If you want to do the meditation with music, I find buddhist monk chanting, gregorian chant, and tibet singing-bowls to be what I prefer. Also NASA has the "sounds of the universe" which is simply amazing to meditate to!

My calves are already toned. I dont really care about the way the exercise will affect me physically other than it would just tire me out . The meditation has some what helped me a bit but I listen to rock and metal music trying to match my breathing to the beat of the drum. sometimes its easy and sometimes its harder , but it has helped a bit.

muPHiiNz

muPHiiNz

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -

Listen to calmer music as your pulse slows.

Trying to breath in-time with fast-paced music actually keeps your heart rate up. It more than likely slows, but it still keeps it up.
Whatever works though!

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

I've been to more therapist  and  anger managment classes than I can count. They twist my words into something that I don't mean. Because of those stupid people my life has wrecked.I truely hate them with a passion. None of my friends, or family really care as long as i don't hurt myself. Knowing that alone makes me want to, but I know better. All it does is get a little attention and a trip back to the doctor.

That means you just haven't found the right one. Having an ACTUAL, good therapist does wonders.

Candaceeex

Candaceeex

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New Jersey
  • Fav Band Too many too list.
  • Fav Song Too many to list.

What works for me is walking.

kmartino82610

kmartino82610

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Ok well for me its listening to my music which depending on my mood is anywhere from heavier rock to death metal and screamo. Also as odd as it sounds i love crushing apples. Core it and you might have applesauce later lol. I sometimes get random bursts of energy that turn into anger. Heres the thing im a girl but im really strong so i spar i dont fight but i spar with friends that are trained. Although you dont want to and most people will say its unhealthy for you if you learn how to cut right that might be your best option. What all if you are missing is that there are many ways to cut. You dont have to bleed. Also understand that people cut for many reasons and that cutting can be good. Another idea is meditation but that takes willingness you have to want to do it or it will just fuel the anger. Think of your mind as a room and your anger as something you have to "clean" out. Again this really works if you want to do it. Close your eyes until you learn how to do it because it helps to focus your mind on that task you are trying to complete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users