Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anime/manga/otaku Fans!

Anime Manga Otaku

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

FallenDreamerHB

FallenDreamerHB

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Missouri
  • Fav Band Janus
  • Fav Song stains
Someone suggested I start a topic over this, so do you like anime or manga? If so what are your favorites? Are you an otaku?

Innocence

Innocence

stuck in a daze

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band --------

I am the kawaiiest motherfucker-chan on this site, desu sugoi bitches ≧ω≦

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting

i enjoy drawing anime, but watching the shows and whatnot, not really. :P

I have to have something to look at to draw it though. :)

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

I don't know really. I mean I love some cartoons, but I tend not to like cartoons aimed at children. I'm more of a Metalocalypse/Aqua Teen Hunger Force kinda guy. I did watch a lot of Occult Academy, but it's hard to find subbed versions of it online. 

TheyKilledAlice

TheyKilledAlice

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

'Obsession' is the right word in my case ;)

Reading manga, watching anime, drawing manga, you name it, I do it.

I read A LOT of shoujo, but also adore Death Note, Kuroshitsuji, ...

Buy manga whenever I can, which means I'm almost instantly broke after gaining money ><

FallenDreamerHB

FallenDreamerHB

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Janus
  • Fav Song stains
Yay I'm not the only one on here :) I'm really happy you guys replied!

FallenDreamerHB

FallenDreamerHB

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Janus
  • Fav Song stains
[quote name="TheyKilledAlice" post="1304832" time="1359745200"]'Obsession' is the right word in my case ;)Reading manga, watching anime, drawing manga, you name it, I do it. I read A LOT of shoujo, but also adore Death Note, Kuroshitsuji, ...Buy manga whenever I can, which means I'm almost instantly broke after gaining money >

Attached Files

TheyKilledAlice

TheyKilledAlice

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

[quote name="TheyKilledAlice" post="1304832" time="1359745200"]'Obsession' is the right word in my case ;)Reading manga, watching anime, drawing manga, you name it, I do it. I read A LOT of shoujo, but also adore Death Note, Kuroshitsuji, ...Buy manga whenever I can, which means I'm almost instantly broke after gaining money >

I know it's a shame as an 'otaku' but I haven't had the time to start any of these --' 

Maybe I should take the time for 'Fairly Tale' or 'Bleach', but I've got sooo many anime/manga on my list :/

emzy

emzy

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band black veil brides
  • Fav Song fallen angels

OMG! i love animes and reading mangas!!!

ive seen 200 animes altogether! woop woop

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

*Enter the Hipster Otaku*

I liked Anime before it was cool.

*Exits*

As an aside; Anime is cool for concepts, not so much for execution, they usually lack the dynamism or the plot of their American equivalent (Before y'all start, I'm talking about shows such as Young Justice and Batman not Spongebob). If I listed all of the Anime I've seen you'd be close to over 800. (I got better) but after a while it does get samey, there are only so many whiny robot pilots (Gundam, NGE), androgynous guys of either no apparent or too much sexuality Pet Shop of Horrors) and introspective female leads (/Witch Hunter Robin/Texnolyze), I tend to find the best stuff is that firmly rooted in Japanese culture such as Paranoia Agent (RIP Satoshi Kon) and Summer Wars. Also using a drab colour pallet doesn't make a show interesting, it makes it dull, if you're using dull colours, make your visual design interesting at least, too many Anime forget they are a cartoon and are not bound by the boring architecture of real life, New Port City from Dominion Tank Police is a prime example of a drab colour pallet with interesting design.

Although haunted bad asses with giant swords that cut people in half with a sickening blood spray NEVER gets old, but that's more down to the Conan (The Barbarian, not the Detective) fan in me... neither does the old Manga Corps UK dubbing, it just ain't a fun dub unless someone yells "FUCK YOU COCKSUCKER!" every 5 minutes.

Soul Eater is a pretty cool series, good character design, just enough drama to make the comedy all the more enjoyable and despite the ongoing meta plot, most episodes can easily stand on their own merit without the viewer being left out, on a technical level, I'd call it near perfect.

Bloodbathz

Bloodbathz

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i guess both pretty hard to choose from

Wings.For.Eros

Wings.For.Eros

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Washington
  • Fav Band Tesseract

I love anime and manga, my favorites are Claymore, Fairy Tail, Mirai Nikki, Angel Beats, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, etc.               anime-16.gif

Fizz

Fizz

C'est pas vrai

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,372 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Weeknd
  • Fav Song Glass table girls

I watch manga and read anime

bring on the hate

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

I watch manga and read anime

bring on the hate

c9a.png

Vladimirhate666

Vladimirhate666

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I watch anime but I read more manga really and my favorites are Hellsing, Vampire Knight, Bleach, and Death Note c:

CrypticXFeathers

CrypticXFeathers

Tortured Rose

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Go Away

I love anime! I've read a few mangas but I mostly enjoy watching anime. some of my faves are Hetalia, Ouran Host Club, sort of Black Butler and Bleach... 

I tend to draw my own anime characters and American style as well~ :)

in fact my avatar is one of my many anime chars! XD

Darkmonkeyprince

Darkmonkeyprince

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band Slipknot
  • Fav Song vermillion

when someone says the word anime i go crazy over it and never stop talking about it. its one of the things i like watching the most!

Bleach and Naruto ...and also Dragon Ball Z / Battle of Gods

Sylvette

Sylvette

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Avenged Sevenfold

I used to watch Anime when I had the time, but not lately. I've read a lot of Manga in the past, but ever since I graduated High School I got over the whole Anime/Manga/Otaku phase. I still tend to draw some Anime, but with life moving in the upwards direction of adulthood, my childhood tendencies are starting to fade out. I think the 2 shows I watched most were Naruto (all versions) and InuYasha.

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

I used to watch Anime when I had the time, but not lately. I've read a lot of Manga in the past, but ever since I graduated High School I got over the whole Anime/Manga/Otaku phase. I still tend to draw some Anime, but with life moving in the upwards direction of adulthood, my childhood tendencies are starting to fade out. I think the 2 shows I watched most were Naruto (all versions) and InuYasha.

There is an old saying: "the most childish thing we can do is wish for maturity and the most mature we can be is accepting our childishness."

M4dR1L3y

M4dR1L3y

unknown Calamity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Oklahoma
  • Fav Band Right Place Right Time
  • Fav Song The Dairy by Hollywood Undead
I read a lot if manga and watch a lot of anime! My favorite manga at this moment is 7 Days, and my favorite anime is Karnaval. Read a lot of yaoi...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Anime, Manga, Otaku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users