Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Too Young...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Shattered Hopes

Shattered Hopes

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Hi, I just wanted to say that I feel like a creep and I have something to admit that I've never really told anyone but I want to see how it goes on here before I voice it some of my closer friends...

So I'm not old but I'm also not young, I'm 19 and recently graduated. I haven't really dated in the last few years neither... The reason for that is because I find that I like girls who are a lot younger than me... I feel so dirty and creepy saying that, but honestly I can't help it that I'm attracted to girls who even 5 years younger than, so yes as young as 14... I try really hard not to but it doesn't really help and it makes me feel horrible sometimes because I don't want to be some creepy old guy diggin' the younger ladies...

Like I said, I'm just testing the waters with this. To me, age doesn't mean a thing, and I guess best case scenario, I want to see if its okay I'm like this and maybe even find out some girls that young like guys my age to give me hope a little (as creepy as that sounds). But here goes... and please be honest with your thoughts and responses!

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Worlds End Girlfriend

(age/2)+7

Anything under, nope. Anything over, fair game.

SlippingAwayxx

SlippingAwayxx

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I don't think age matters really. It only shows how long you've been alive. Not how mature you are. As long as you're not a 40 year old dating a 5 year old, you're good. To me and some other people anyways.

Innocence

Innocence

stuck in a daze

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band --------

I feel like you'd get along quite well with another user from here.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

I don't think age matters really. 

I actually kinda agree with this. Age and time is an entirely human concept and we shouldn't let it impact our mental state so extremely, for example, I know a few people who are very depressed at the thought of growing older, one of which who has had a breakdown.

But on an other note, ew. The idea of dating someone younger than myself makes me feel like a paedophile. 

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

I don't think age matters really. It only shows how long you've been alive.

Oh, for fuck's sake.

Okano

Okano

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Norah Jones

Lolita by Vladimir Nabakov; Wikipedia.

I almost read this book in school. A stepfather becomes sexual with his stepdaughter.

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Worlds End Girlfriend

I actually kinda agree with this. Age and time is an entirely human concept and we shouldn't let it impact our mental state so extremely, for example, I know a few people who are very depressed at the thought of growing older, one of which who has had a breakdown.

Not really. Age and time would keep doing their thing regardless of whether humans exist.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

Not really. Age and time would keep doing their thing regardless of whether humans exist.

That's not even where I was going with that. 

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

Age isn't so much about maturity, but more to do with what you'll actually have in common and to talk about, I'm 26, I make references people just 3 years younger than me don't get, it's ridiculous and conversely they'll talk about stuff I'll be like: "That's actually a thing?"

Also, age may not confer maturity but it does confer wisdom and intellect (in most cases), the question is, sure you want to bone these girls, but 1. will you have anything in common with them outside of surface interests? 2. could you cope with all the teenage bullshit again? 3. Could you be in a relationship with these twittering ninnies and keep it in your pants for 4+ years? 4. Could you cope with the publicly negative back lash at such a relationship (i.e. my Girlfriend is a couple of months older than me, yet because I look 20 years older than I am and she looks a little younger than she is, I've had people see us hugging, just hugging and call me a paedophile.) 5. Could the girl handle the backlash not just from the public but from her own family?

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

Lolita by Vladimir Nabakov; Wikipedia.

I almost read this book in school. A stepfather becomes sexual with his stepdaughter.

Thank you for informing us you almost read a book.

Okano

Okano

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Norah Jones

Thank you for informing us you almost read a book.

You're welcome. Just thought someone would find the book interesting. I was thinking you would probably comment. You should also know I took a good shit 10 minutes ago.

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .

When I was 15 I was going out with a 19 year old. We were together for 3 years, both of us were happy with it for the most part. Even so, I'd still be wary of other relationships with the same age gap, because there generally is a huge difference between what a 19 and 15 year old are looking for in a relationship. Also, we were friends for a long time before we started going out, it wasn't a case of us intending for the relationship to develop that way when we met. 

If you're wanting to date random 14 year olds on the basis of attraction, that's something you shouldn't pursue. If you happened to meet someone you had a lot in common with and got on really well with, and they happened to be a few years younger than you, it MIGHT be worth a shot, depending on a lot of factors, but meeting girls that much younger than you with the intention of finding a girlfriend is a terrible idea and you should probably take a look at your reasons for wanting to do that.

I'm 19 now and I would never consider dating someone more than a year or 2 younger than me to be honest, I just can't imagine having that kind of connection with say, a 16 year old. I'm with someone the same age as me now and it really does make a difference to share experiences with him rather than one of us being a few years ahead in terms of life experience, which was the case with my last relationship.

andypandy

andypandy

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jimmy Eat World

I've been with my girlfriend for 6 years and she's 6 years younger than me. I'm now 26. It has worked for me. We now live together, we're engaged and getting married in a couple of years. We also plan to have children when our wages go up a bit. It can work and doesn't make you weird or creepy. I've had 3 or 4 friends in similar positions too in the past. Just don't do anything you shouldn't and it's fine in my opinion!

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

I've been with my girlfriend for 6 years and she's 6 years younger than me. I'm now 26. It has worked for me. We now live together, we're engaged and getting married in a couple of years. We also plan to have children when our wages go up a bit. It can work and doesn't make you weird or creepy. I've had 3 or 4 friends in similar positions too in the past. Just don't do anything you shouldn't and it's fine in my opinion!

...So you were with a 14 year old when you were 20?

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
Dude, that's horrific. That's statutory rape.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

I don't even care what it is legality wise. It's just pretty gross and wrong.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
That is true, dude, it mightn't be the case now but 6 years is a massive age gap especially since you were 20 when you got together. It's just wrong. I'm surprised her parents didn't get the police involved.

andypandy

andypandy

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jimmy Eat World

Well it isn't rape at all because we didn't have sex or do anything at all until she was 16. She was 15 when I met her. I think you're both making assumptions. She was a bit young but time flew to be honest and no one cared. I can understand why you would find it a bit strange! I'm glad I met her though :). She's more bloody mature than me now anyway!

The Operator

The Operator

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I feel like you'd get along quite well with another user from here.

Why do i feel like this is directed at me?

(Probably because it is...)

--edit--

My last girlfriend(who was really just a close friend who i took to starbucks and taco bell every now and then) was 16, and that was over 2 years ago. I have friends that are underage, but they just stay that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users