Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Too Young...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Innocence

Innocence

stuck in a daze

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band --------

Why do i feel like this is directed at me?

(Probably because it is...)

--edit--

My last girlfriend(who was really just a close friend who i took to starbucks and taco bell every now and then) was 16, and that was over 2 years ago. I have friends that are underage, but they just stay that way.

Are you on speed? That was posted on the 5th and you joined on the 26th.

IamAshley.

IamAshley.

Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you <3

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Well it isn't rape at all because we didn't have sex or do anything at all until she was 16. She was 15 when I met her. I think you're both making assumptions. She was a bit young but time flew to be honest and no one cared. I can understand why you would find it a bit strange! I'm glad I met her though :). She's more bloody mature than me now anyway!

That's reassuring..

Justanotherguy

Justanotherguy

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band can't choose!
  • Fav Song s3rl: bubblegum
My boss is 35 years old and has a girlfriend of 20...

CakeHappens

CakeHappens

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band A day to remember

Besides my ex I've always dated people younger than me (and for complicated reasons, even that doesn't really count), the biggest gap was when I was 17 I saw a 14yo for a few months... he was real good fun but the problem was that his friend group hadn't gotten over the "eww you're gay?" phase and so he didn't have such a good time with it :-\

I find this a really confusing subject to be honest. Like, a few weeks ago I got chatting to someone and they were cool but then I found out he was 16 :-\ I'm 22. Its legal but something in me said no even though I was definetly interested. Got his number but never called... am I an idiot or super smart? He wasn't my dream guy or anything, but he was cute and funny and that'll do for right now haha

I also got asked for my number by some 15yo slag of a girl the other evening, she was scary stuff. Only thing that made it worse was I got stopped at some traffic lights driving home later on and she was right next to my car and was leaning in like, "oh I really like this music, its so good, almost as good as your sexy face," and then I sped the fuck away haha. There are some scummy people around here :-\ 

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

My boyfriend works with someone who has been with someone for nine years now. An amazingly long time for a relationship. The problem? She's 22 now, and there's a nine year age gap.

That means she was fucking 13 years old when she started dating someone who was 22. It would be like me dating my boyfriends younger brother. It's just SICK. Obviously they've been together so long that for them they're happy together and their relationship must work... But I just can't see how it would even cross your mind at my age to enter a relationship with someone who is only starting puberty. How the hell do you have a connection with a child? Never mind how you're attracted to someone who is so underdeveloped.

Obviously most people feel the same way about an age gap that drastic at such a young age. I just found it bizarre that stuff like this does happen.

If it worked for them, fair enough. Personally, anyone under the age of 18 is repulsive to me anyway at my age, it just feels... wrong. How does one 22 year old start talking to a 13 year old anyway? I mean where do you see the two age groups mutually gather? 

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

If it worked for them, fair enough. Personally, anyone under the age of 18 is repulsive to me anyway at my age, it just feels... wrong. How does one 22 year old start talking to a 13 year old anyway? I mean where do you see the two age groups mutually gather? 

*Looks around*

Yup never happens anywhere. Or in regards to real life, could be any number of ways.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

I'm 22 (23 in 3 weeks, fuck), and my sister is almost 13. The thought of that is absurdly disgusting. 

RunningWithWolves

RunningWithWolves

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

I've been with my girlfriend for 6 years and she's 6 years younger than me. I'm now 26. It has worked for me. We now live together, we're engaged and getting married in a couple of years. We also plan to have children when our wages go up a bit. It can work and doesn't make you weird or creepy. I've had 3 or 4 friends in similar positions too in the past. Just don't do anything you shouldn't and it's fine in my opinion!

ewwwwww

13 14 and even 15 is statutory rape, No matter how you look at it. There is even a huge differnt between 15 and 16 years ols.

they have to be at least 16 and legal in both countrys or states.

even if they did make it 15 it would still be wrong.

Its 16 for a reason...

us_map_with_ages_620.png084_12_maps_consent-01.png

Note since this was done some states have changed and your better of checking then going purely by this.

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

^16 and 17 is still statutory rape.

RunningWithWolves

RunningWithWolves

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

^16 and 17 is still statutory rape.

nah 16 and 17 fine is long as the law backs it up XD

andypandy

andypandy

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jimmy Eat World

She was 15 and very close to being 16 and I've already explained that for the few months that she wasn't, we didn't do anything anyway. I'm sure you will still find that wrong which is fine but the statutory rape stuff is a load of crap as it doesn't apply to me I'm happy to say! I don't agree with anyone who does that at all. Always stick to the law cos as you say, it's there for a reason

ewwwwww

13 14 and even 15 is statutory rape, No matter how you look at it. There is even a huge differnt between 15 and 16 years ols.

they have to be at least 16 and legal in both countrys or states.

even if they did make it 15 it would still be wrong.

Its 16 for a reason...

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

ewwwwww

You know I hear this a lot and all I have to say is:

What exactly is the huge difference between someone who's 16 and someone who's 15? In both biological, mental and emotional development and responsibility, I can safely say I was still 6'2'' with a beard, lanky as all hells and had my head permanently stuck in the clouds.

There is no magic maturity switch between those ages and quite frankly, there isn't that big a difference,

Between 16 - 18 yes there is, but 15 - 16? Nope no difference at all other then some legal rights being conferred.

Of course very few people are willing to admit this on the basis of "Ewwwwwww, you wanna legalise kiddy fiddling." But lets be brutally honest, at 15 we were all headstrong morons who thought we knew what was right for us even when we didn't actually have a clue, if a 15 year old wants to fuck their 16 year old other half, they are going to do it and I see no reason why we should ruin that 16 year olds life by putting them on the sex offenders register (unless it actually was a sex offence), I think on this subject people are far too closed minded to even admit, they probably did the exact same thing at the same age due to the recently massively increased social pressure brought down by several recent high profile cases, but whilst not yet an adult, it's incredibly naivé to call a fifteen year old a "child" too.

we all made stupid mistakes and up until the age of 18 continued to make such mistakes, then after 18 we were allowed to drink and made even more stupid mistakes relating to that and most people who protest that fact are liars. (I say most not all, because I know some people who've had such a mature handle on these things from being so young it's like they have a robot brain. *looks at Jess*) And I myself am among those who made such stupid mistakes.

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

(or a robot, as rellik has now claimed ;)

Also... Rellik what's this about my robot brain :lol:

YOU HEARD! Damn machine people are taking over. :P

I was an amazing teenager (mainly due to several traumatic events in my life keeping me a shut in), but an absolute shit as a young adult... Seriously, imagine if between the ages of 17 and 19 all the entirety of your teenage bullshit drama was condensed into that period, throw in drugs and booze and well I was a mess of a person for those years. But I got over my bullshit pretty quickly.

Also I know it's wrong but with what you said all I now imagine is this:

"Young lady where have you been?"

"Yeeeesh, chill you're not my Dad."

"Well I was worried, I don't like that crowd your hanging out with."

"YOU DON'T KNOW ME! STOP CONTROLLING ME!" *throws glass on the floor* "I HATE YOU!"

"THATS IT! GO TO YOUR ROOM AND DON'T EXPECT ANY FOREPLAY OR LUBE TONIGHT EITHER!"

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

@ Steve : it worked out for them long term yes but I just don't understand how they could've possibly had a relationship - to be blunt, how he wasn't disgusted at himself for being attracted to someone almost a decade his junior, who has barely started puberty. It's just... Nauseating. From what I understand, they don't like talking about it because they know it was so fucked up - but I just don't see how the guy in particular allowed it to happen. Even if they were friends for a few years first.... But 13/22? Blegh. What do you even say to someone that much younger at a period when age makes such a difference? Did he send her to her rooms for being sulky :lol: I'd say I was a pretty mature teenager emotionally (or a robot, as rellik has now claimed ;) ) but even for me the thoughts of being 13 and seeing someone that old is just unnatural.

Edit: sob, just realised its definitely when I WAS a teenager.... Christ I'm getting old

Welcome to 21, the oldest age I can think of. Yeah, it's a horrific thought, I can't even begin to wonder what goes on in someone's head with that big an age gap at such a young age. It'd be understandable if it was a 32 year old and an 18 year old because they're both deemed of a mature enough age to make good decisions.

As for the robot thing, I'm sure robots explode if they attempt to solve a paradox so here you go: If you go back in time to change the past drastically, will that mean events have changed enough so that in the new timeline you never went back in the past?

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

As for the robot thing, I'm sure robots explode if they attempt to solve a paradox so here you go: If you go back in time to change the past drastically, will that mean events have changed enough so that in the new timeline you never went back in the past?

PSSSSHHHH! Anyone can solve that one.

WhiteJacket666

WhiteJacket666

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Fuck age and fuck the rape shit. As long as you love each other, it shouldn't matter. You shouldn't care what other people think of you if they think it's bad. I don't and I never will. If it's nothing nice, I don't wanna fucking know. That's how I handle this shit.

CakeHappens

CakeHappens

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band A day to remember

I was an amazing teenager (mainly due to several traumatic events in my life keeping me a shut in), but an absolute shit as a young adult... Seriously, imagine if between the ages of 17 and 19 all the entirety of your teenage bullshit drama was condensed into that period, throw in drugs and booze and well I was a mess of a person for those years. But I got over my bullshit pretty quickly.

Sounds familiar, but my bullshit lasted a bit longer :-\

Anyway, I agree age isn't a black and white determiner of maturity, every case is different. I'm not going to judge people for even the most extreme cases, there are times still when I meet some 14/15yo and have the best time and the thought is in my head, and super honestly I'm not even that disgusted by it, but they'd have to be entirely 100% perfect for it to be worth the risk.

It's weird when something like this is thrown in your face though haha. A few weeks ago I was walking through town and these two girls who must've been about 14 were walking towards me, stopped and one said "your beard's sexy, just like your face, im gemma, can I have your number?" Just to help build a picture, I'm 6ft3, and hadn't shaved in weeks so my beard was very hobo-style, these girls were like a foot shorter and one of them had pigtails. I froze for a second as my brain rebooted, and was like, "Uhh thanks but noooo," and walked off :-P 

EvilDictator

EvilDictator

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Kazakstan

I've been with my girlfriend for 6 years and she's 6 years younger than me. I'm now 26. It has worked for me. We now live together, we're engaged and getting married in a couple of years. We also plan to have children when our wages go up a bit. It can work and doesn't make you weird or creepy. I've had 3 or 4 friends in similar positions too in the past. Just don't do anything you shouldn't and it's fine in my opinion!

YOU ARE SICK!!!

GenocideX

GenocideX

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

YOU HEARD! Damn machine people are taking over. :P

Also I know it's wrong but with what you said all I now imagine is this:
"Young lady where have you been?"
"Yeeeesh, chill you're not my Dad."
"Well I was worried, I don't like that crowd your hanging out with."
"YOU DON'T KNOW ME! STOP CONTROLLING ME!" *throws glass on the floor* "I HATE YOU!"
"THATS IT! GO TO YOUR ROOM AND DON'T EXPECT ANY FOREPLAY OR LUBE TONIGHT EITHER!"

Yeah IKR Youll be walking along the streets holding hands and someone be like : pfft incest.. Ive heard it before. Its sad tho how people are judged by a first glance.

LordPunk

LordPunk

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Maryland
  • Fav Band All Time Low
  • Fav Song In Bloom - Neck Deep
I'm 15 now and when I was 12 I dated someone 16 years old, almost dated someone 17 years old. Then when I was 13 I dated someone of 17. When I was 14 I dated someone who was 20 going on 21. Now I'm 15 and I date anyone that is comfortable dating and is about 10 years older than me. Cuz even tho I don't typically date any girl or guy older than me by 4-5 years, I have the feelings for a 22 year old. I honestly don't give two pars about age cuz it's really just a number. I just think that the maturity has to fit to ur liking. Appearantly I'm more mature than anyone at my age. I'm told that I'm around 20 cuz of how I act sometimes. But I think that there should always be something in the personality that matches and is ok for u.
I say screw some legal things cuz everyone has broken a law once in a while, just do what makes u feel happy and if she's underage then just don't try getting arrested :s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users