Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cosplay

cosplay

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

nah

nah

nah

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band you
  • Fav Song you

I think i'll leave this topic in the Hangout for now.

Aaaaaanyone into cosplay?

I used to think it was kinda gay, until I started hanging around with my now best friends. They both cosplay and one of them did an awesome Assassins Creed Connor Kenway cosplay, so I thought i'd try it out as it looked quite fun and I like being the centre of attention ofc. It's really cool, the community is very welcoming. I didn't realise how much of a big thing it was, 80,000 people attended MCM and a lot of them in cosplay.

I did a basic one for MCM London in May, I went as Hayley Williams as i've been told I bear a likeness. Everyone loved it, I couldn't walk 5 feet without being stopped and harrassed for pictures/hugs etc, felt a bit like a celebrity. :lol: It was crazy. Here's a few pics: One, Two, Three

So now i'm planning my next cosplay for October's MCM, if anyone is a fan of Youtube's Roosterteeth you've probably heard of RWBY, their animated project. I'm doing Blake (Black), got a lot of the outfit ready and i've paid someone to comission the weapon for me cause I don't have the tools. My friend's doing Ruby (red) and we're hoping to look awesome.

So, what are your thoughts on cosplay? Do you cosplay, would you cosplay? If you've done it before, what have you done and any future plans? I'd love to see!

Raven Nevermore

Raven Nevermore

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band InFlames

I have never cosplayed myself, but i find it very entertaining.. alot of people do great work with thier outfits, love it :D

Two Headed Bro

Two Headed Bro

basedyoloswag4lyf

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lil B 'The Based God'
  • Fav Song Lil B - I'm God

528635_508427765838709_557318013_n.jpg

Check and Mate

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

I would like to, much like I would like to try most things. I was actually going to go to Expo with someone, but I was way too busy with work to be able to make it. I have no idea who I'd cosplay as, since I don't really look like anyone, nor do I think I could pull it off :lol:

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
I want to cosplay as Liliana of the Veil from magic the gathering.

null-6.jpg

Raven Nevermore

Raven Nevermore

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band InFlames

I want to cosplay as Liliana of the Veil from magic the gathering.

null-6.jpg

I bet that would look amazing, one of my fav decks in MTG too ;)

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
At the moment I'm playing niah blitz, I'm just learning so I'm using an autopilot deck lol.

CrypticXFeathers

CrypticXFeathers

Tortured Rose

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Go Away

I think it's fun, even though I only cosplayed once (for Halloween, but it was still an anime char) I was England and my bff was America from Hetalia. it was fun being British~ XD

M4dR1L3y

M4dR1L3y

unknown Calamity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Oklahoma
  • Fav Band Right Place Right Time
  • Fav Song The Dairy by Hollywood Undead
I've cosplayed as Sollux from Homestuck. It was really fun painting myself gray, making horns and wearing mismatching shoes. :)

Attached File  image.jpg   59.6KB   5 downloads

KagamineRin

KagamineRin

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi^-^ As my name suggests, I cosplay Kagamine Rin from Vocaloid! I'm heavily into anime and manga and I love to draw!
Cosplay video:
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=WPWe1k55X38

Navou

Navou

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

I think dressing up is fun but to be a serious cosplayer is not me. Too much effort and money wasted :/ however I do know my fair share about the topic. Cosplay can be awesome if it's pulled off successfully simply because it's one of those hobbies that you either fail at it or you are awesome at it, but if you're just doing it for fun than you don't need to worry about the critiques! One thing that I don't like about it is that people can be awfully picky and comment horrible harsh things on beginner outfits, I have friends who buy online and make their own which is a very risky move on their part. If you don't get something right you could easily anger the fans of whatever character you decided to cosplay and receive a bucket load of hate aha. The only local anime conventions that I know about in Australia is Supanova and Neko Nation (maybe?) which both are usually crowded each year so you tend to see a huge variety of costumes.

alextear

alextear

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I'm not serious about cosplay but that might be because I don't have friends that are into it and the ones that are don't have much money. however I did do this one, kyon from haruhi suzumiya, however the only picture I have is on my fb account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users