Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Need To Find A Striped Shirt!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

CrypticXFeathers

CrypticXFeathers

Tortured Rose

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Go Away

yeah I know, its not the most important thing I need, but its been a bugger to me... there's this look I would like to have (which I'd have to wait until the weather is cooler for this) but the look is a long sleeve striped shirt (with fat/thick stripes!) and a black shirt over it. I've seen it many times on Google Images and want to try it, however I've encountered some probs with my research...

firstly, I'm trying to look for a women's size (s) cuz if I'm gonna wear another shirt over it, it should be sort of fit so it won't look bulgy... but its so hard to find what I'm looking for! there's always something off about a striped top I find on eBay or Amazon that doesn't look right! I want one that looks like these: http://jkhgroup.com/NYCLSBW2012.jpg

http://25.media.tumb...m2nmto1_400.jpg

the first one was more of a guy's figure, but the simplicity is what I like about it. does the collar size matter if I'm gonna wear a t-shirt over it? I tend to prefer a smaller collar size than wide...

any help or suggestions would be great~ (⌒_⌒')

the look would be something like these:

(the 2nd guy) http://24.media.tumb...7f8ilo1_400.jpg

http://e1.img.v4.sky..._3_M4xuVKWe.jpg

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
How is this so dofficult? I own 2 black and white striped shirts. Go shopping, I promise you'll find it if you look in 5 shops.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
I'm sure if you actually went to some shops either online or irl you'd find some. If you're looking for black and white stripes I'm sure you'd find some as monochrome is "in" fashion.
There's more of a benefit for going to actual shops rather than online stores because you can physically see what you're going to purchase. Rather than ordering it and getting a product that doesn't fit and then having to return it which is just extra hassle imo.

CrypticXFeathers

CrypticXFeathers

Tortured Rose

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Go Away

I'm sure if you actually went to some shops either online or irl you'd find some. If you're looking for black and white stripes I'm sure you'd find some as monochrome is "in" fashion.
There's more of a benefit for going to actual shops rather than online stores because you can physically see what you're going to purchase. Rather than ordering it and getting a product that doesn't fit and then having to return it which is just extra hassle imo.

yeah... I hope I would be able to find some in stores if I knew what to look in. probably any casual clothing stores...

although I have looked a few times in stores for quite a while now.

Chip

Chip

Potato Chips Are Friends, Not Food

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Virginia
  • Fav Band .

Have you tried thrift shops and the such? They usually have things such as what you are looking for.

Okano

Okano

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Norah Jones
Try the telnyashka. Personally, these are my favorite. They come in white and black stripes and white and blue stripes. I find the 3/4 sleeved shirts to be the most comfortable. Mens sizes only, but they are somewhat form fitting. If a shirt is too big for you just take the side seams and fold them to the inside of the shirt and sew them and you won't even be able to tell anyone sewed it twice. Takes about an hour to hand sew the side seams.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

^ Mens clothing is awesome, it creates an immediately casual and cute look. I wear a lot of guys clothes, and wear as slouchy dresses etc. People always ask me where I get my clothes from, and I'm like.. the mens section?

I have so many striped clothes. 20+ shirts methinks. I always wear a tank underneath, or a pretty cami if it's transparent. If it's off the shoulder you can wear a cami underneath and create that effortless casual look. Or just wear a pretty black/sexy bra under it if it's sheer.

I realise you wanted a different look, but that's so passe. 

CrypticXFeathers

CrypticXFeathers

Tortured Rose

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Go Away

getting a mens striped shirt might have to be like my "last resort" option if I can't find anything in stores, I guess~

Okano

Okano

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Norah Jones

^ Mens clothing is awesome, it creates an immediately casual and cute look. I wear a lot of guys clothes, and wear as slouchy dresses etc. People always ask me where I get my clothes from, and I'm like.. the mens section?

I have so many striped clothes. 20+ shirts methinks. I always wear a tank underneath, or a pretty cami if it's transparent. If it's off the shoulder you can wear a cami underneath and create that effortless casual look. Or just wear a pretty black/sexy bra under it if it's sheer.

I realise you wanted a different look, but that's so passe. 

I think it's admirable when a girl doesn't feel as though she has to wear skin tight clothes all the time. I prefer a casual look like this on girls as well so long as it suits them.

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -

I'm so jealous D: of course you could pull it off, you're all pretty and cute and tiny!! When I wear an oversized shirt I just look like a monster :lol: seriously, men's clothing only at home for me, I don't want to look like a guy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users