Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why Do You

add friends

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Raven Nevermore

Raven Nevermore

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band InFlames

Add people onto your friends list, if you are not even gonna write to the person? Just curious and wanna hear some people´s reason for this :)

Comeon now, dont be shy please do share :P

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

So I can stalk them? Duh.

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Cool points.

Silverion

Silverion

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band Metallica

I'd assume because you want to be "cool" and have tons of friends!  ;)

Raven Nevermore

Raven Nevermore

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band InFlames

So I can stalk them? Duh.

Stalk them on a forum?

Please do tell how that works :)

Innocence

Innocence

stuck in a daze

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band --------

If you're talking about EC, it's quite irrelevant imo to add someone as a friend in the first place :L we just PM each other for Facebook or other sites we can properly keep in contact with, like Skype. None of the regulars actually profile chat anyway.

As for Facebook, I'm with Jess and feel the same about the people I used to go to school with, I just can't be bothered. And as a matter of fact, a few months ago I deleted 200 people from my friend's list who were from my school. They were just clogging up my news feed with statuses and stuff I didn't care about.

Raven Nevermore

Raven Nevermore

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band InFlames

What's this for? Ec or Facebook or what?

I've accidentally added so many ECers as friends (on the forum) because of going to their profile to view their warn history or something. I can't be bothered going through the list to delete them because its not like it has any extra features they can see the same stuff friends or not.

Facebook I tend to accept people say, as I know them - so I became friends with them when we were in school but we no longer talk, I'm friends with people I work with now but I probably won't be in contact once I leave. I wouldn't tend to say, go back and add people from school I don't talk to now though

And then there's sites like LinkedIn where you add virtually anyone you know regardless of whether you talk because its more so used for networking, so you're trying to expand not shrink your network

Yeah it´s EC friends.

Agree on the facebook got some friends there i havent spoken to for a couple years.

If you're talking about EC, it's quite irrelevant imo to add someone as a friend in the first place :L we just PM each other for Facebook or other sites we can properly keep in contact with, like Skype. None of the regulars actually profile chat anyway.

As for Facebook, I'm with Jess and feel the same about the people I used to go to school with, I just can't be bothered. And as a matter of fact, a few months ago I deleted 200 people from my friend's list who were from my school. They were just clogging up my news feed with statuses and stuff I didn't care about.

Yeah i know, i have yet to add a friend on here :P

I'd assume because you want to be "cool" and have tons of friends!  ;)

Yeah some people would do that i recon.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

Stalk them on a forum?

Please do tell how that works :)

Regardless of the medium, you can stalk a person anywhere.

I thought you meant social networking sites. Never had friends on ec, don't see the point of it. I have been sent numerous requests, comments etc. in all my years here, but I just don't accept them. Ec is just like playdough. I don't even like to click on profiles, unless it's accidental, like attempting to click this topic title and being redirected to many profiles (I use a touch screen.)

On social networking sites however, friending someone and then not talking is weird. If I don't know, or am interested/intrigued by the person I won't accept. Usually you want to get to know that person, you'll casually start to talk to them, hence the intention. I do what Innocence mentioned all the time, I get bored of people or they change so I just stick to closer peeps now, an example being twitter. I find facebook less personal strangely, and more annoying.

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Regardless of the medium, you can stalk a person anywhere.

I thought you meant social networking sites. Never had friends on ec, don't see the point of it. I have been sent numerous requests, comments etc. in all my years here, but I just don't accept them. Ec is just like playdough. I don't even like to click on profiles, unless it's accidental, like attempting to click this topic title and being redirected to many profiles (I use a touch screen.)

On social networking sites however, friending someone and then not talking is weird. If I don't know, or am interested/intrigued by the person I won't accept. Usually you want to get to know that person, you'll casually start to talk to them, hence the intention. I do what Innocence mentioned all the time, I get bored of people or they change so I just stick to closer peeps now, an example being twitter. I find facebook less personal strangely, and more annoying.

Ahem..

What makes twiiter more personal, I was never really attracted to twitter.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

Ahem..

What makes twiiter more personal, I was never really attracted to twitter.

'scuse you homeslie.

I am bad at talking to people though, :') I forget about 'em and then weeks or months later I resume conversation. Sometimes it's simply because I can't think of something to say, or I'm not in the mood to continue that conversation until a later date. There are some people who don't mind and understand, but there are others who are like 'what's wrong? have i don't something? do you hate me?!' No, I'm sorry I've just been busy with my life. Duh.

I don't know actually. I feel like I can speak my mind more and just say as I please and not be ridiculed or have someone criticse me for it, it's more open. I wasn't keen on twitter to being with, either. But I'm glad I discovered it now. I can safely say I prefer it over other social networking sites and that it's a lot more engaging. It also helps that as a film student, we're encouraged to be able to network on sites like twitter, for example. 

Navou

Navou

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

36e9qx.jpg

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
Random people have added me from time to time, I tend to not really pay any attention to the event :P I presume they do it cos they're hoping the person will think "oh someone added me...hmm they look interesting, I think I'll start a conversation." And then the person they added is sorta the one initiating contact and they don't have the burden of being the one who started the conversation so it puts them in the more dominant position. Or maybe I'm just crazy :L

RoseInAndy'sGarden

RoseInAndy'sGarden

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

well i dont have very many friends on any friend list of mine. kinda a loner even on the internet. But most people do it to look popular.

Existentialism

Existentialism

Slow motion accident.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,081 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band Cassino
  • Fav Song Chesterfield King

As far as EC goes, I have many pointless friends I never should have never had on my list to begin with and I can't be bothered to clear it now since i'm never here so it's not being much of a burden.

As for Facebook, I only friend people I know or have known previously. I admittedly befriend people I used to know but don't talk to anymore and don't intend to talk to because I find it interesting to know where their life is going and what kind of person they are now. Or I find the person interesting in some way (I'm friends with a dude from Indonesia because I find his culture intriguing.) Those are the only reasons I'll stay friends with some one if we don't talk. Otherwise, if you add me, you better be down to chit-chat.

Must add, if you're one of those people with friends near the 1000 range, you're likely an attention whore. One of my good friends does have over 1000 and I asked him as soon as I noticed why he would have so many and he claimed he constantly adds people with the incentive to talk to them. I find this weird and still don't understand the point, but it's reasonable because at least he makes an effort to stay connected with most of them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: add, friends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users