This is a remake/revival of the Conflicted/Abnormals series. Since that was one of the most fun series of rps, I thought it deserved to be brought back from the beginning, with a whole new cast of characters and possibilities for the plot (Not leaving out the major battles.)
In this world there are people known as 'Abnormals', who are born with powers, however many of them live in hiding and in fear of an organization known as the ICC (Investigate, Capture, Contain) which exists solely to exterminate or enslave Abnormals. At worst, the ICC take Abnormals to laboratories to be experimented on. Most Abnormals want to live in peace beside the 'Normals', as they call people who do not have powers, and do everything they can to stay out of the spotlight. There is another organization, however, called Oppugnant, which is led by an extremely powerful Abnormal who believes them to be superior to the Normals, and wants to take control over them. It is also rumoured that among their ranks is a master of mind control.
The story begins in a city in which the Oppugnant's main ranks reside. Naturally, this city is also crawling with ICC, and ICC bases disguised as other, harmless facilities, as they attempt to catch the leader.
For a long while, something has been brewing, and even those Abnormals furthest removed from the action know that revolution is on its way. The Oppugnant's leader has set their eyes on the ICC's main headquarters in Russia, and although extremely powerful, they lack the numbers to engage in combat, but they have absolutely no problem with forcing unsuspecting Abnormals to fight.
You may have as many characters as you want, but make sure it is a number you feel you can control. The characters can be ICC, Oppugnant, individual Abnormal or Normals with their own motives, or members of smaller, unimportant organizations. If you want to be the leader of Oppugnant, please ask first. That role will be open for the first few pages, but if no one asks before then, I will play them.
- No God-modding. Other than the leader of Oppugnant, no character should be near invincible, and even the leader should have weaknesses. (In the original, the leader died at the end of the first rp. That doesn't have to happen this time, but they can't be completely unkillable.)
- On the other hand, don't make your character so weak they have to be rescued every five minutes. It's annoying and no one ever wants to stop what they're doing to rescue the same character over and over.
- Everyone's characters are equally important. If it turns out that your character becomes a centre of many essential plots, then fair enough, but make sure you let others have their plot twists/back stories/side plots/etc. Don't ignore them or be like: "Ok...BUT NOW LOOK AT ME!"
- Don't kill someone else's character without their permission. It's rude.
- If you want to leave or feel you can no longer continue for whatever reason, kill your character or make them leave the group. Don't leave everyone stuck in a situation depending on your character.
- Violence and romance is encouraged - especially violence - but don't go overboard.
- Try to use correct grammar/punctuation/spelling.Typos are inevitable but we're not texting.
- Have fun. ^w^
Affiliation: (ICC/Oppugnant/Independant/small organization (name of))
Power: (If any.)
You do not need to ask before joining, only if you want to be the leader of Oppugnant, just to stop loads of people claiming to be them all at once.