Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Anybody Hate Being Single?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

victimofjudgement

victimofjudgement

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Blughhh i hate being single. I used to not mind seeing other couples argue with each other abd be glad it wasnt me lol but now i wish i had boy problems haha

KittyKatKaylaRae

KittyKatKaylaRae

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Are your problems really that bad.

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

It's fun being single. Way less trouble and less to deal with.

Alzran

Alzran

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Both singleness and togetherness have their perks and downsides. One the one hand, singleness means having more freedom of choice. Career, travel, education, adventure, whatever you want; when you're single, the world is essentially at your fingertips. The only compromise you have to make in choosing to do one thing or another is simply a matter of sorting out your own priorities. Of course, it also means you're essentially alone in what you're doing. But if being alone is okay with you, then have at 'er. On the other hand, togetherness means you have somebody there to lean on in hard times, but also who's going to need to lean on you. It means you have somebody to share your life with. However, it also means you're going to have to sacrifice a lot of your own wants and desires in place of theirs, and they'll have to do the same for you. That doesn't even scratch the surface of each side of the singleness/togetherness coin. 

Being single can be immensely fun, but it can also be immensely difficult. Being in a relationship is no different; it just has different dynamics of fun and difficulty. Both sides present their own adventures. But, which side are you willing to sacrifice more to pursue?

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .

I haven't been single since I was 15 (now 20), I think if I did end up single now it could be very strange for me. I started dating my current boyfriend right after I broke up with the previous one and now that I look back I think towards the end, possibly a large part of the reason I was with him was that I did have issues with being alone. So I didn't end it with any sense of finality until I met someone else that interested me enough to consider a relationship with.

When I look back at the things I did in that relationship I do feel quite pathetic and I know I should've ended it probably a year, or a year and a half before I did instead of being selfish and putting him through so much shit, I was an absolutely toxic person to be with and I do regret that I didn't (and honestly, probably still don't) have the strength of character to learn to deal with things on my own.

So I think if you're wishing you were in a relationship for the sake of it, you should take the opportunity to figure yourself out and focus on friendships so you won't end up running the risk of becoming dependent on a relationship that you know deep down you don't want to be in.

I would love, to be able to love being single.

Alex Jackson

Alex Jackson

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I absolutly hate being single because I cant share my poetry with anyone....

alexia z cobra

alexia z cobra

Delicate Snowflake

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Arkansas
  • Fav Band my chemical romance
  • Fav Song teenagers
I am not sure wether I just hate being single or I just don't like the fact I see people once a week at a place I don't even like going to. I don't interact much while there but I still ,like the feeling of company ,but for now I'll go with being single.Much less depressing.❤

littlemissnobody

littlemissnobody

Delicate Snowflake

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I agree with Alex what fun is poems when you got no one to share them with?I hate being single.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users