Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Do You Want Too Lose Weight...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

red wrist

red wrist

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

there are many ways too lose weight but none of them helped me to lose weight.

i tried everything to lose weight from eating less to eating nothing or doing sport but there where never any results

i was at my breaking point.

i desperately was searching another way to lose weight on google and one day finally found a site about calories is food and drinks.

and i started counting everything that i eat en drink in a day put it on paper.  but it is a slow start.

i am doing this for a month and 2 weeks. and i found very good results.

yesterday i eat and drink only 730 calories and i was feeling good and drink a lot of water.

and i finally am at a weight that i wanted to strive.

so here are some tips that will give you good results:

1. count all the calories you eat in a day. put it on paper and stick with it (like a scheme).

2. drink as many water as you can (it will make you less hungry).

3. start slow. (a very important tip)

try it out and tell me if it worked and what you think.

red wrist

red wrist

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

i don't know but i am used to it now  i feel as healthy as always  

with me it is hard to lose weight i only lose 1 kilo or sometimes nothing in a week

but i said it is a very slow prosses 

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

I agree with Jess's post, a healthy diet is imperative.

With a healthy diet you also need to exercise a lot. Regardless of your current body weight or size, everyone needs to exercise, I can't stress that enough. If you're young and pass it off, then you'll regret it later in life. I've always been thin, but I know my metabolism is going to slow down as I grow older. I also know that in order to eat stupid junk food and indulge myself in my favourite foods, I need to exercise like crazy in order to eat what I want happily. Start off slowly, five to ten minutes walking, running etc. It's also great for stress and it's almost escapist. 

The only way to maintain a healthy body is to work out, run - whatever, you have to be physically active in order to remain healthy and not damage your heart. It's a ridiculously slow process to eat healthy + exercise in order to lose weight, but it's the only way you'll be guaranteed to lose weight safely, and without further damaging your body. It could take up to a year or two (maybe more), dependent entirely on your own mindset and your weight, but it's honestly the safest option. Not these stupid 'get fit for summer' or whatever other diet you hear about in the magazines.

If you lose weight too fast you'll get excess skin and will likely need surgery to remove it. It 'aint pretty. 

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

HOW ARE THE INGREDIENTS HIDDEN IF THEY'RE LISTED ON THE LABEL JESS? 

CHECKMATE ATHEISTS.

Alzran

Alzran

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

I never used to pay much attention to what I would eat because I have a high enough metabolism that I don't gain weight unless I'm stuffing myself to the brim every meal of every day. But what I've found is that skinny did not necessitate healthy. I was severely lacking in my nutrition. Losing weight is easy. Anybody can starve him/herself. But to lose weight (or, as was my case, to gain weight) in a healthy way is more challenging because, like Jess alluded to, you have to know what you're eating and you have to be picky enough to not just load yourself down with processed garbage. Setting aside the sub-issue of weight, the bigger issue is physical health. 

I'm still not good about nutrition. I ate a XXL Stuft Grilled Burrito from Taco Bell for lunch just because I wanted to try it (it was disgusting, btw). Definitely not a healthy choice. I'm not going to get fat from it because I have a high metabolism. But, I'll probably be (physically) feeling kind of rotten later tonight because I ate it. In hindsight, a couple oranges would have tasted better and been just as filling. 

Alzran

Alzran

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

You'll know yourself how you FEEL, eating shit does make you feel bad.

Literally, feel physically awful. I can eat a big, healthy breakfast and I'll feel amazing while I'm working. On the flip side, I can trade the time it takes to prepare and eat a healthy breakfast for a little more sleep, grab a couple pop-tarts and a banana on my way out the door to eat in my car en-route to a job site, and I'll feel like crap most of the day because I neglected nutrition. That's something I've noticed this summer, and am grateful to finally be learning.

Alzran

Alzran

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

I used to hate breakfast, eating early just made me dry heave, but it's all about training yourself. Start off with yogurt or a homemade smoothie or something, maybe move on to a piece of fruit... And stick to what you like, I wish I liked porridge but I'm not a fan, and I hate milk. So instead I eat muesli, Greek yogurt and berries. Or maybe brown soda toast and poached eggs. Even if you don't like stereotypically healthy breakfasts, you can still make good choices. Don't limit yourself to one option, and don't be afraid to make different things.

Is porridge similar to oatmeal? I'm a huge fan of oatmeal. Love making oatmeal and adding three things: fruit, honey, and granola. Sometimes I'll add peanut butter, too. Today I experienced how amazing it is to cut up a whole banana into a bowl of oatmeal and add peanut butter (plus the usual granola). I'm a huge fan of fruit as well. Apriums, plums, apples, oranges, and bananas are some of my favorites. Where I'm at, fruit is cheap, delicious, and (unless you buy it at walmart, which just why?) usually fresh. An apple, an orange, and a banana makes a perfect lunch someday... or, I'll have the apple with my lunch, and snack on the banana and orange throughout the afternoon. 

I'm still not very good at dinner, though. Actually, I really suck at dinner.

Alzran

Alzran

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Porridge is oatmeal, yes. I hate banana as well so unfortunately I don't think it would suit me :lol:

I love fruit but my doctor warned me to cut back on it after I got a bad kidney infection. The acid apparently can be quite bad for your stomach and there's lots of sugar in them. So now I try to limit it to two servings a day: I love berries, pineapple and melon (cantaloupe, watermelon and honeydew) the most, but most fruit I like.

Be careful about just having fruit for lunch. The acid can be really harsh on your stomach. I'd really suggest having something like whole grain bread with tuna first.

Dinner is easiest if you do half your plate being some form of vegetables, 1/4 lean protein and 1/4 whole grain carbs. Get adventurous, it doesn't have to be boring. Additions of things like houmous, yogurt-based tzatsiki, and avocado-mayo make it a lot more tempting. I'm definitely not vegetarian, but often I'll take a look at vegetarian cookbooks because they can be so much more creative and adventurous, and if I really want to I'll just add the chicken or beef :-)

I'll keep that in mind about the fruit. I actually didn't know that, so I'm glad you told me. Vegetables are almost a must for me. Unfortunately, there aren't many kept in stock at this house. Fortunately, it's summertime and we have farmers markets everywhere. So I may be able to try some of this. I do enjoy cooking with real (not processed) vegetables as much as I can. 

BrianaKills WithaSmile

BrianaKills WithaSmile

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The pretty reckless
  • Fav Song Fallen Angels
Just don't eat junk food?

BrianaKills WithaSmile

BrianaKills WithaSmile

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The pretty reckless
  • Fav Song Fallen Angels
Or eat your breakfast at night and dinner in the morning :D that one helps a fair bit

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
I would suggest aiming to balance health and happiness rather than making yourself miserable for the sake of being thin, if you're starving yourself it will affect you psychologically and you won't be able to sustain it in the long term, you'll look and feel better by just making a few small positive changes in your lifestyle gradually and trying to stick to them.

Wish I could take my own advice to be honest, I just have little to no desire to eat in general and even less of a desire to spend ages preparing food.

Alzran

Alzran

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

...and even less of a desire to spend ages preparing food.

Say what? But, cooking is where the fun is at! 

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting
I read all of jess's essay. XD and some really good advice is in there.
could I ask a question and yall be completely honest? I'm 128 pounds and I honestly dont feel fat. But someone called me fat, and not in a rude way, an honest way. Was wondering if this persons a moron or if about 130 is truly heavy for someone thats 5'4".

Alzran

Alzran

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

I'm 5' 6" and 140, so I think you're fine. 

Silently Screaming

Silently Screaming

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Has anyone actually tried this diet? Or the other suggested one?

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting

No, I definitely don't think that makes you fat. People usually just make stupid comments like that when they can't think of anything else to say because for most people, especially women, it will strike a nerve. 

I would think for your height anything under around 140lbs is in the healthy range. BMI isn't a perfect indicator of health, as it doesn't consider that muscle weighs more than fat, but it does give an indicative range. 

That's not to say that you couldn't potentially have some areas on your body that would look better toned (i'm not saying whether you do or don't as I don't know, but I'm just saying that could be the reason that they made the comment in the first place). I know you had a baby and most women will find they'll carry some excess weight around their stomachs after giving birth. It's generally one of the most difficult areas to lose weight from anyway as your body will naturally protect your reproductive areas (so lower stomach to upper thighs are hardest to lose weight from). Most people would be incredibly delighted to weigh as little as you do after having a baby. I know you said before that you used to be extremely, extremely thin so perhaps this person who made the comments is just not used to you relatively gaining a little more weight (compared to your extreme thin frame previously). 

Celebrate your body instead of panicking about it. That's not to say that we should all generally celebrate obesity, but you definitely are not, and panicking over your body isn't healthy either. If you don't feel good or confident, then by all means try to make more of a concerted effort to eat healthily, work out a little more. Do it for yourself, don't do it for people making bitchy comments. I'm all for honesty between loved ones, and being able to talk to someone if you're worried about their weight - but your weight is definitely not something to be concerned about. 

thanks jess. yeah it's my stomach, it's not as flat as it used to be. It's so hard to tone up an area where the abdominal muscles were stretched to its capacity lol. This person has issues with women anyway, he likes to critique every single flaw every woman has because he really hates himself i think. but i think i look better than i use to at 99 pounds, i have boobs now. :D lmao. i feel more womanly. 

StormyDarkness

StormyDarkness

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Carpathian Forest

yes....

but I seriously lack the moviation to excersise as much, and I love my food choices way too much!!!

also I have mood swings of depression sometimes when I don't want to do anything but sit in my room and play computer games or listen to music all day and night long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users