Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why Can't I Save Anybody?

#suicide #advice

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ThatOneKid21

ThatOneKid21

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Okay so I've been known to give advice. Lately......The Emo's I've given advice to either commit suicide or turn their backs on me. I just....I feel like....Nothing I say helps anybody. I can't do this anymore. I just want to OD myself to death. I don't want to cause anymore suicide or feel anymore pain. I'm tired of it

Okano

Okano

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Norah Jones
Because they don't really want help. They just want to cause a ruckus and make others hurt while they're at it. Suicide is their decision not yours anyway so don't burden yourself with it.

Luisman

Luisman

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Texas
  • Fav Band Nirvana
  • Fav Song Dumb by Nirvana
Okanos right. So Dw so much about it.

Alzran

Alzran

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

You can't be someone's savior. If you think someone is suicidal, the best thing you can do is find someone who can step in and help them, particularly an adult authority figure such as a school official, police officer, or parent.

ThatOneKid21

ThatOneKid21

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

You can't be someone's savior. If you think someone is suicidal, the best thing you can do is find someone who can step in and help them, particularly an adult authority figure such as a school official, police officer, or parent.

Well we don't even live in the same state so

Alzran

Alzran

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Well we don't even live in the same state so

That only reinforces my point. You can only try to get in contact with someone there where they are.

Luisman

Luisman

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Nirvana
If someone is suicidal *like me* they will attempt to kill themselves wether they talk to someone or not. If they don't try ending it then whose to say they won't try to end it at a later time. Like me,
I have some people to care for, (a poor grandma without a penny, a lazy brother and my daughter who I'll raise and make sure she's independent and 21) once I have to no longer care for them I'll probably disappear and do it. As for others I think it's best to talk to close friends and family your age and get advice from them instead of having to be locked up and forced to talk to adults who are paid to "care". If you go to therapy or something like that it's gonna be on your record. And people will see you as mental. So If you like guns and like to buy and go to shoots then kiss all that goodbye.. Just take things a day at a time. Sometimes things aren't as bad as they seem. Here's a fact of life, something a friend told me years ago. Truth is your easily replaced and won't be missed. Fuck it, I think it's true. It's your life, do what you want to with it, just don't be selfish and make others hurt because you weren't strong enough to take on life. If your gonna do it do it quietly. Don't make people feel guilty. If your depressed or feel hurt for any reason send me a message so you won't get to that point. I don't want anyone on here to think about suicide, for those who already do I can't stop you. But I can at least try and ease your pain. Blame me for everything. Might be able to help you stay away from it.

Think long and hard about the consequences.

FizzleWish

FizzleWish

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Green Day

"Helping" in itself is subjective in every possible way. It depends on what the person you are trying to "help" sees as a problem. Lets say someone is on the brink of ending their own life, to them that may be the best solution. The only thing you can do is to make them aware of the other solutions as well, then let them decide on their own. But showing them possibilities may not be enough, so let them taste a little bit of one of the other options. There are so many reasons that people can be depressed, sad or anything really that trying to come up with a counter for everything will take more than a single life-time. 

All you can do is to try your best, fail or succeed, carry the results you gain with you and use it in the future. As for your "problem" that you are causing suicide, I think that is wrong. I don't think anyone besides the person who commits suicide can cause it, they can only help in achieving it. (Such as bullying people.) But you stated that you are trying to give advice, and trying to make a difference by doing so. That doesn't help achieving suicide or create depression. It helps people get out of depression and come up with new solutions. 

People, well humans in general feel happy when they are noticed, included and have the feeling that they are welcomed by others. Simply by interacting with them, you are helping to a degree. That is why introducing them to more options may allow them to feel better again. Everyone is tired of pain and annoyance, everyone wants to get rid of it, but not everyone can or will. Some choose to live with it, others don't and some find a solution. My overall point is:

Don't ever believe that talking with someone, giving advice and being there doesn't help. It helps to a degree, and the more you work, the more you show people and the more alternatives you show them, the better the chance of everything going well. Don't take the full blame on yourself, if you have tried your best then you shouldn't sit with any blame whatsoever. You should only sit with blame and self-hatred if you chose not to even try. 

Luisman

Luisman

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Nirvana
Well said friend.

ThatOneKid21

ThatOneKid21

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Thanks people for I guess bringing me spirits higher than they were. But I still feel the same. So I might just...Cut. So I'll make sure I don't die. Can I do that.?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users