Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Boy Or Girl

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

THE MAN

THE MAN

Let me lead you to a place unknown to sunlight...

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sugarcult
  • Fav Song Hesitate - Stone Sour
EC masses I salute you etc. Basically what does your gender mean to you? Would it be different if you had been born the opposite? Any ramifications that you would experience or experience now due to this?

I thoroughly enjoy being a girl. I'm more than happy to wear skirts and dresses and the like. Coming from a traditionally orientated parental unit they sort of impressed upon me lady like qualities (posture, manners and etc. Had to walk around with a dictionary on my head). I'm also probably a strange amalgamation of sexuality as I don't really care about gender there just has to be an attraction there. I can appreciate both genders though. If i had been born a boy my upbringing would of been affected. My parental would probably have been stricter and harsher as well as more expectant, possibly doting. I'd probably have been more pushed and interfered with as a child. I'd probably still be promiscuous with the whole testosterone thing and still an avid reader. I'd probably be more masculine but I'm called butch now...

My gender probably determines a few of my idiosyncrasies but it wouldn't change my general state of things. It probably would have affected my family relationship.

Go guys do.

Anton

Anton

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
We aren't too different if we can put aside the way we are raised and the way we look.

O Brave New World

O Brave New World

Republican and Proud.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
I love being a guy because

- I don't get periods
- I don't give birth
- I don't get things shoved up my vagina (I don't have a vagina, btw)
- I don't have to care about being pretty
- I don't need to shave my body regularly
- I can take my shirt off anywhere
- I am athletic
- I can be a "playa"
- I can masturbate
- I can cook
- I can drive well
- I don't need to worry about breast cancer
- I can play videogames
- I can shave my head
- I can join the military for combat roles

I hate being a guy because

- I have been called a fag
---

It must suck being a girl.

NakedPringles

NakedPringles

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I agree, being a male is much more easier ;)
try to guess my gender :P

funny things, a gay guy ask me to be his bf and there's couple of lesbian want me as their gf

anyway, gender is no big deal.u see girl can be butch and guy can be faggot XD
what matter is how u can express urself

well remember, u were born an original so dont die a copy

Anton

Anton

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

well remember, u were born an original so dont die a copy

Coolest line ever!
Really, this will be my signature from now on.

TerrierChad

TerrierChad

PINGAS

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,730 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pearl Jam
  • Fav Song Pearl Jam - Alive

I love being a guy because

- I don't get periods
- I don't give birth
- I don't need to shave my body regularly
- I can take my shirt off anywhere
- I am athletic
- I can be a "playa"
- I can masturbate
- I can cook
- I can drive well
- I can play videogames
- I can shave my head

I hate being a guy because

- I have been called a fag
---

It must suck being a girl.

Basically, men are far more likely to get killed during a war. Why is that in the plus side?

PageNotFound404

PageNotFound404

Stupid teenager

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Closure
  • Fav Song Closure - Sebastian
Being a dude is better

interesting fact: Men has a body structure perfect to gain muscles, while woman has a perfect body structure for storing fat. therefore I'm less likely to get fat. (Don't worry girls not all of you are fat, it was just a scientific fact)

Deathcore Softie

Deathcore Softie

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Kansas
  • Fav Band Mayday Parade
  • Fav Song Terrible Things
British men waste 6 million hours of driving each year (burning gas and polluting their environment) because they do not stop to ask for directions. .
Lol!

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

- I am athletic
- I can be a "playa"
- I can masturbate
- I can cook

-Not getting things shoved up your vagina, a plus MAYBE but women definitely have better orgasms than men do.

-Women can be athletic as hell. It's true that the most athletic woman will not be able to compete with the most athletic man in the same field but that doesn't mean that they can't be athletic.

-Plenty of girls are "playas", they are just labeled as whores, which of course is a double standard, but you know it's true.

-Girls can't masturbate now? What the actual fuck are you talking about

-Cooking is something almost 99% of the time joked about being done BY women. That is definitely an equal category.

-Breast cancer in men is rare, but it can happen

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -

- I am athletic
- I can be a "playa"
- I can masturbate
- I can cook
- I can drive well
- I can play videogames
- I can shave my head

Just what. It disgusts me when men think only women have to care about their looks. Also, since when haven't women been able to masturbate, cook, drive, play videogames or shave their heads?

And I can join the military for combat roles anytime I want so booya.

I enjoy being a girl in many ways but I think I would be perfectly happy as a guy as well.

Anton

Anton

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
There is one thing i hate about being a man and that is.....welll, with guys it's all about being accepted as one of the group, but with women it's more about finding a friend you can trust and talk about your feelings and stuff.
You know men can't hug each other, but girls can :(
Most of my friends are girls and i find it easier to talk to them.

O Brave New World

O Brave New World

Republican and Proud.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Just what. It disgusts me when men think only women have to care about their looks. Also, since when haven't women been able to masturbate, cook, drive, play videogames or shave their heads?

Is it socially acceptable for women to talk about masturbation in public? I have never her one female at my school mention the 'm' word in a conversation, but goes do it all the time. Is it, again, socially acceptable for women to shave their heads? I think not. Does anyone remember the last time a woman did that (Brittney Spears)? I am pretty sure people thought she was insane. Plus, who the hell would date a female body builder? Is it socially acceptable for a woman to be a "playa?" No, whores are looked down upon.

I never said "Women can't do x, y, and z." I just said "I love being a guy because" I can do the following.

God, you people take things waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of context.

TerrierChad

TerrierChad

PINGAS

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,730 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pearl Jam

Is it socially acceptable for women to talk about masturbation in public? I have never her one female at my school mention the 'm' word in a conversation, but goes do it all the time. Is it, again, socially acceptable for women to shave their heads? I think not. Does anyone remember the last time a woman did that (Brittney Spears)? I am pretty sure people thought she was insane. Plus, who the hell would date a female body builder? Is it socially acceptable for a woman to be a "playa?" No, whores are looked down upon.

I never said "Women can't do x, y, and z." I just said "I love being a guy because" I can do the following.

Well, it's not really socially acceptable for blokes to talk about jerkin' the gherkin' in public. Just because some do it doesn't mean it's socially acceptable. Hell, I've also known lasses who go on about it in public too.

O Brave New World

O Brave New World

Republican and Proud.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
I talk about masturbation openly with friends (guys + gals).

TerrierChad

TerrierChad

PINGAS

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,730 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pearl Jam

I talk about masturbation openly with friends (guys + gals).

As do I. Doesn't mean it's socially acceptable though in public terms. Walking through a shopping centre while doing it would not be considered acceptable to most passers by regardless of if it's male or female masturbation. In private then no one cares. There's no difference in social acceptability between the two though when it comes to public discussion.

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -

I doubt it's socially acceptable for anyone to talk about masturbation in public. And why should anyone shave their heads? If a woman does it, you shrug it off as her trying to be original or expressing herself and if a guy does it you shrug it off as him being either a skinhead or just a plain redneck. Neither sounds appealing, to me. Who would date a body builder in general? I know several female athletes, even one that actually does compete in body building, and I consider them all rather charming and desireable young women. In a sivilized environment it usually isn't socially acceptable for men to be "playas" either. But when talking about a more relaxed and tolerant environment, women can nowadays be as sexually adventurous as they like, without being looked down upon. It's all a matter of how you discuss it and keep your personal things to yourself, really.

I understood what you said, I just found your arguments rather ridiculous.

And I also understand that there are cultural differences between the users of this forum and I am mostly talking from my own view. However, I feel that the things I have said apply to most western cultures, where a woman's position in society is quite equal to a man's.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Or you know, you did an extremely poor job at conveying an extremely poor point and you're probably just a little bit stupid to begin with.

Xx_ShamrockSam_xX

Xx_ShamrockSam_xX

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Michigan
  • Fav Band Avenged Sevenfold...currentlt
  • Fav Song So far away...RIP REV
I personally hate being a girl.....

you have to worry what others think.... those skirts and dress's gawh the air that flows through ewwww!
and everything how you have breasts! and ughhhhhh!

being a boy would be so much easier, and being a lesbian i like girls and it would be easier to date. and you wouldnt have boobs, and you COULD PEE STANDING UP!!!!!! THAt would be amazing.

rojerio

rojerio

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Kansas
  • Fav Band nannan
  • Fav Song hhh
loo0o0o0oL

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .

loo0o0o0oL

What a pointless post. Pleeeaaase don't spam the forum. :'<

On topic: the other day the thought crossed my mind that I'd like to be a man so I could work out a lot and work towards something, I kind of think it would be pointless as a woman because I know I look far better slim than I would if I were very muscular. :L
Overall I think I'd quite like to be a man. Men are treated and viewed differently and people have different expectations of them, I'd possibly be more suited to being male. At the same time I'm quite happy the way I am, wish I didn't have to worry about pregnancy and such, but I like the way I look and it's probably easier to be female, less pressure to act strong or masculine all the time. I think it's far easier for a woman to act masculine and do 'male' things than it is for men, roles reversed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users