Below are some guidelines in applying emo makeup.
- Apply eyeliner. With emo makeup, you are allowed to apply as much as four layers of eyeliner. The thicker it is, the more emo it looks. Some would even add another color on top of the black eyeliner. Eyeliner can also be applied on the top of the lashes. The eyeliner ends must meet up at the corner of the eyes. This would give a catlike effect to your eyes.
- After the eyeliner dries, apply ample amount of eye shadow on your eyelids. You can apply one eye shadow color up to three, depending on your mood.
- Mascara comes next. Apply black mascara to upper lashes. Make sure that the mascara will not smudge on the eyelid. For a more dramatic look add false eyelashes.
- Apply a small amount of lipstick or lip-gloss. Do not overdo the lipstick or lip-gloss.
- Apply concealer or foundation just enough to cover imperfections. It should not look obvious.
- Apply eyeliner, liquid or stick as close to the lash line as possible. Remember that guys do not wear too much eyeliner.
- Putting eye shadow is not mandatory for guys. In case you decide to put some, it should be light and stay away from neon colors.
- Applying mascara is also optional.