Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Golem Supremacy

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts
GOLEM SUPREMACY

CONCEPT
The central figures in Golem Supremacy are called Warlocks. These men and women have an innate magical talent, the history and evolution of which is unknown. Many rumours exist about Warlocks: they have angelic or demonic blood, one of their forefathers was a blessed Demon Hunter or a cursed Necromancer, their talent is neither intrinsically good nor evil but merely a rare genetic deviation... Nobody knows for certain. What is known is that this talent can be practiced and perfected. A Warlock without proper education and training can hardly be called one at all. Indeed, such a Warlock would be only able to perform the simplest magic with the greatest difficulty.

During the early part of a Warlock’s life his power is, mildly put, unstable: it can surge dramatically in several weeks so it becomes uncontrollable, and then immediately recede almost entirely for any period of time ranging from a day to a season. Only after a certain amount of years, usually when the Warlock reaches physical maturity, his power starts to settle down. This is usually between the age of sixteen and twenty, but it is not unknown, though rare, that Warlocks reach ‘arcane maturity’ as early as thirteen or as late as thirty. Only at this point can a Warlock’s education begin.

When a Warlock dedicates himself to his craft, he is a power to be reckoned with. Not, as one would expect, through his use of spells or arcane rituals, but through something much more mythical: a Golem. An experienced Warlock can conjure up, construct, spawn, breed, summon or otherwise create a unique and awe-inspiring creation of his own design. This being is known as a Golem. It is intimately bound with the Warlock’s soul and it is said that when a Golem is destroyed, the Warlock may lose his soul, his sanity, his life or even all three.

The characteristics of a Golem are a direct reflection of the Warlock’s will and character. A necromantic Warlock, for instance, could gather the bones of mammoths and bind them together with rituals and spells to create a towering, humanoid Bone Golem hulk... Or he could collect the bodies of a dozen or more men and sew them together into a hulking Flesh Golem... Or simply call upon the very essence of Death itself, summoning a featureless black shade whose simple touch steals a man’s soul. A Pyromancer could require the presence of a fire, be it a small flame or an all-consuming conflagration, to summon his Fire Golem and let it teleport instantly from flame to flame... Or crush a small vial with a solution inside that he has prepared himself to unleash a majestic and terrifying Phoenix Golem. When the Phoenix is in trouble or badly injured, perhaps he has another vial prepared that instantly replenishes its vitality.

Because of all the effort, energy, time and resources that go into the creation and sustenance of a Golem, a Warlock can only have one and will rarely, if ever, destroy or dispel one to construct another. Of course, that is virtually never necessary: an experienced Warlock’s Golem could do the work a whole veteran army does – and likely better and faster as well.

BACKGROUND
As already noted, a Warlock’s education can only commence when he reaches, or is close to reaching, arcane maturity, whether this is at thirteen or thirty years of age. At this stage, they prepare for an annual event called the Whiteswan Tournament. Its name is derived from the location where it is held, the Whiteswan monastery. Over two centuries ago, two renown Warlocks, Catos and Erensul were locked in a fierce rivalry to prove who was greater. Because of their prodigious magical talent, they could easily annihilate whole cities. To prevent this, it was decided to duel in the courtyard of Whiteswan Monastery. Other Warlocks were present to cast a strong protective spell over the monastery and its surroundings so no damage could be done. They were also there to ascertain that the duel would be fair and that neither Warlock nor their Golems would be mortally wounded. The monks, on their part, called upon their God for aid and protection as well. In the end, it was Erensul who was the victor, but the fight had been, in the truest sense of the word, epic. Catos and Erensul decided that, with help of the monastery, the future would be safer if new Warlocks were properly trained in the possibilities and limitations of their talents. A year later, the first Whiteswan Tournament was held, presided by the head abbot, and both legendary Warlocks. After their deaths, the tournament continued and expanded.

Young and untested Warlocks of recent arcane maturity flock to Whiteswan monastery once a year to prove their potential and showcase their talents. The first prestige of their career and prizes are merely the secondary reasons they come. The primary one, of course, is that many older Warlocks of great fame come here to look for new apprentices. A young Warlock on his own could never reach even a modicum of his full potential; he needs a teacher. Impressing an elder Warlock, not necessarily by winning the tournament but by ingenuity, perseverance and promise, is the best way to find one. Most would-be students leave the tournament without having found a master and will return the next year, hoping to do better; there are only so many teachers (and promising students). All the greater, then, is the honour when someone is chosen.

More than one-thousand young Warlocks from all the realms participate in the Whiteswan Tournament. Over the course of two weeks, they face each other in non-lethal one-on-one duels. Elder Warlocks closely monitor the proceedings and employ protective magic to ascertain that no cheating or mortal injuries occur. The monks do their part with prayer and more mundane assistance. By the second week, the Warlocks have had the chance to introduce themselves to each other and get to know each other a little better. Oftentimes, the Whiteswan Tournament is the place where lifelong friendships (or rivalries) are forged. As the third week commences, there are around sixty contestants left and the duels become longer, more exciting and more complex. Not only does the power of the Golems matter, but also the minds of their masters. It becomes a mental fight as much as a physical one.

Many side-activities are organised around the tournament as well. Spectators come from far and wide to observe the duels, merchants come to sell their wares (from regular foodstuffs to exotic helmets made entirely of woven bird-of-paradise feathers), travelling circuses and other entertainers, mercenaries and even prostitutes all gather outside of the monastery’s walls in rings of tents, carts and elephant-drawn wagons to try and earn some money. Indeed, it is a great and popular feast and many people come here not for the tournament itself, but for these side-activities.

NOTES
A Warlock is not necessarily a pure mage, and certainly not a stereotypical feeble, robe-wearing one. It is entirely possible, for instance, to be a young army soldier who discovers his arcane powers and is sent to the tournament by his commander-in-chief. Or perhaps you are a proficient martial arts monk who believes that your powers are your God’s gift. Being a student to an elder Warlock is not being a library-secluded bookworm; it is almost as physical an education as it is a mental one. Depending on your own uniqueness, this varies in degrees.

A Warlock’s magical forces are focused on his Golem. Most of his energies are consumed by the creation, maintenance and use of his Golem – and most spells aim to heal, empower or otherwise influence the Golem. A Warlock can cast regular magical spells, but these will be a secondary tool at best and will never be as complex or powerful as a true Wizard’s. Many Warlocks don’t even practice any spells that don’t directly influence their Golem: a Warlock can be a knight, for example, and his Golem can serve as a mount, bodyguard and fellow fighter in melee combat.

STORYTELLER
This RPG will introduce the role of the Storyteller (‘Dungeon Master’ is the traditional term, but that seems out of place here). The Storyteller will propel the story forwards now and then with new developments, give the characters a nudge in this or that direction when they’re stuck or in an uninspired rut etc. This can be done through a character in the story (for example, the Storyteller could make a post as the abbot of Whiteswan or as an elder Warlock to introduce a new element into the plot or guide you) or by writing a post describing a global event, outside action, shift in time at a dead moment towards the next important part etc. It is not the Storyteller’s role to constantly intervene and impose his will and his ideas onto the players. He is merely there in case the story threatens to die, or to try and make it more exciting at some points. It’s the players who will always decide what to do and where to go.

[B]Name:[/B] 
[B]Age:[/B] (13 and 30 are the extreme limits, but ideally teenager age)
[B]Race:[/B] (no Vampires, no Werewolves, no Demons, no Angels and no other races with a ‘racial power’ of sorts; concentrate on [I]who[/I] you are and not on [I]what[/I] you are. Human, Elf, Dwarf, Orc etc are all allowed.)
[B]Appearance:[/B] (picture or description)
[B]Personality:[/B] (optional)

[B]Magic Discipline:[/B] (has to connect to your Golem type, e.g. Fire Mage and Magma Golem.)

[B]Golem Name:[/B] (optional)
[B]Golem Type:[/B] (e.g. Bone Golem)
[B]Golem Appearance:[/B] (picture or description)

[B]History:[/B] (optional)

Feel free to add any other information you want to share.

STORY
The second week of the Whiteswan Tournament draws to a close. Memorable Warlocks and Golems have taken the stage, some memorable battles have already been fought, overtures by the elder Warlocks towards the younger are debated and considered, and new friendships and rivalries between young Warlocks have been forged. Thousands of people crowd outside of the monastery’s walls and especially those spectators fortunate enough to get inside are having the times of their lives.

[[I will be the Storyteller. There is a direction I want to go in and it was my original plan to start at that point, but The Dimensional Witch told me she thought it would be fun to start here instead. That said, I will introduce my planned hook sooner or later (unless, of course, the players make the game more fun without it).

The first character to post can set the specific time: the last evening of the second week (the perfect time to celebrate your pass to the next round, or drown your sorrows if you’re eliminated. Plenty of opportunities in the camp around the monastery), perhaps a ‘day of rest’ between the duels of the second and third week, or the first morning of the third week right before the duels start... or you can even open with the character fighting a duel. Seeing as two weeks have passed already, it’s possible you already know some of the other players’ characters. This is up to you. This is the place, after all, where upstart Warlocks forge lifelong friendships – and rivalries.

An important note on duels: to showcase your character’s strength and abilities, it would be better to write the duel yourself against a non-player character. Make it one long post, or spread it out amongst several posts so it gives time for other characters to observe and be impressed by you and your Golem. However you like. If you wish, you can ask another player or me to play your opponent for you to make it more unpredictable (although in this case, it should be a silent rule that the player will eventually beat the opponent, unless the player himself wishes to lose). At this point in the tournament, only one duel at a time can take place (so don’t hog up the spotlight too long as other players will want to fight as well). Practicing/showing off in a supervised and magically protected area is possible.

If two players decide they want to duel each other, decide beforehand who is going to lose. There are no draws in this tournament; only wins and losses. If you lose, you are eliminated. So to avoid any out-of-game conflicts or endless fights, please make certain that both players are okay with the eventual outcome.

A last note on the Storyteller role: if all players feel the story is fading a little and an injection of a new element or leap in time would help, let me know – and make sure your co-players agree.]]

.. ...

.. ...

Recovering

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New York
  • Fav Band
  • Fav Song
This may be a triviality, but where is this taking place technology-wise? Specifically in relation to gunpowder/firearms.

I'm assuming this is taking place in a medieval setting, with flintlock pistols being the best firearms available (if those have even been invented.) But hey, you tell me.

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

This may be a triviality, but where is this taking place technology-wise? Specifically in relation to gunpowder/firearms.

I'm assuming this is taking place in a medieval setting, with flintlock pistols being the best firearms available (if those have even been invented.) But hey, you tell me.

My apologies for the oversight. The setting is early Middle Ages, so unfortunately before flintlock pistols. However, if you want to have a firearm of some kind, feel free to come up with something. For instance, the Chinese had different sorts of firearms in those days already, like a flamethrower-like 'fire lance' and even a hand cannon. It's not difficult to imagine that some crafty Dwarven engineers (to go with the stereotype) make similar highly experimental weapons. Go ahead and invent something, but given the overall setting, I would prefer if it was kept to a minimum and that your pistol or rifle-like weapon is not your main weapon.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Name: Gemini Kagami.
Race: Human.
Appearance: Posted Image
Personality: Tsundere. He loves to torment others. His curiosity sometimes gets him into trouble. However, he is intelligent, and takes his magic seriously.

Magic Discipline: Necromancer.

Golem Name: Emily.
Golem Type: Doll. (The soul of a recently deceased person attached to a doll.)
Golem Appearance: Posted Image

Name: Futago Kagami.
Race: Human.
Personality: Quieter than his younger twin, he befriends people easily, and acts polite around them.

Magical Discipline: Shadow.

Golem Name: Kage.
Golem Type: Shadow.

Their history and other information will develop as the story goes on.

{X3 I don't think I will have time to make a proper rp post right now.}

.. ...

.. ...

Recovering

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band
  • Fav Song
Name: Rorke
Race: Human
Appearance: 5'10, with light brown hair that is a few inches long, not quite reaching grayish eyes. The stubble on his face belies his youth. Having a lean build, he is more agile than strong.
Magic Discipline: Air Mage
Golem Type: Wind Golem
Golem Appearance: Posted Image Obviously, being a wind golem can lend many different forms, but the telltale sign of its appearance is loose leaves or debris floating/spinning aimlessly on the ground.

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
[For some reason I have the word 'metalurgy' in my head, but google assures me that it doesn't relate to what I think it does. Basically, under the term 'metalurgy', would it be alright for my character to have his magic centered around metal? Not necessarily technology, mind you. Just metal.]

[EDIT: a quick google shows me that 'metallurgy', two 'l's, relates to the working with metal, so apparently I'm not just pulling word out of the ether. Good to know.]

Cracka Stole My Yoshi

Cracka Stole My Yoshi

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Virginia
  • Fav Band Mindless Self Indulgence
Name: Celene Hadrian.
Race: Elf.
Appearance: Appearance
Personality: Over-confident. Celene can be very cocky, but with good reason. She's intelligent, witty and charming. Most people wouldn't see her as a threat, but they're very wrong.
Magic Discipline: Fire Mage.
Golem Name: Sol.
Golem Type: Phoenix.
Golem Appearance: Appearance

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

[For some reason I have the word 'metalurgy' in my head, but google assures me that it doesn't relate to what I think it does. Basically, under the term 'metalurgy', would it be alright for my character to have his magic centered around metal? Not necessarily technology, mind you. Just metal.]

[EDIT: a quick google shows me that 'metallurgy', two 'l's, relates to the working with metal, so apparently I'm not just pulling word out of the ether. Good to know.]

Go ahead. As long as nobody is going to power-play and God-mode right through the other players or the story, it'll be good.

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
Name: Hedge
Race: Human
Magic Discipline: Metallurgy

Golem Name: Ket
Golem Type: Chain Golem

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
"That guy looks tough..."
"Who do you think you're talking to? I could kick that guy's butt with my eyes closed."
"That's because you're not doing the butt kicking, right?"
Gem rounded on Futa as he said that, but smirked. "Envy doesn't suit you," he almost taunted. "You weren't exactly doing the butt kicking either, were you?...Until you were eliminated, that is." He smiled sweetly at his brother. "C'mon Emily...Your next victim is waiting for you."
Futa rolled his eyes, and made his way through the crowd to get to a place with a better view of the fight. Why did Gem always have to be so over confident? The recent matches had been much harder, and they had probably already began taking their toll on him. Weren't the two of them equally matched?...Last time they practised they had been. And Futa had already fallen from the tournament. As much as he supported his brother, he couldn't see him going much further. And with that attitude, a loss would probably crush him.

Gem stepped into the courtyard, smirking confidently at his opponent. He was followed by the creepy looking doll Golem that followed him everywhere like a shadow, hobbling slightly on its mismatched legs. Compared to their opponents' Golem, she seemed kind of weak. But her smirk matched her owners.
"You don't have to go easy on us," Gem told Hedge sweetly, refraining from looking at the guy's Golem, which creeped him out a little, with all of its rusty chains, and piercing red eyes. "I want your defeat to be a fair one."
Emily hobbled forward, smiling eerily at the other Golem. Then, she looked intently at Hedge, as though interested by him. In reality, though, she was trying to set her trap. It wasn't a guarantee that he would fall into it. But, if he did, the fight was over for him already.

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
Hedge said nothing, merely smiling somewhat. He ignored Emily; Gemini was clearly a necromantic warlock, and Hedge had no desire to discover whatever he'd bound to create his golem. Instead, he focused on his empathic link with Ket, the bulbous mass of chains swaying slightly in his peripheral vision, hanging chains tipped with various blades and blunt objects clinking as he moved. Ket felt wary, but comfortable. The two of them had defeated opponents before this child; they would defeat him too.

The Elder Warlocks finished their warding, and nodded. Hedge bowed slightly to Gemini, who returned the gesture. Respect among warlocks; honour your opponent. They began.

Ket rushed forward first, a whirling column of linked iron and steel; red eyes focused on Emily, chains ending in maces and hammers lashed out, some missing as the small and agile doll dodged them, but the crucial ones meeting their marks, batting the golem around. Hedge was stanced, and chains rushed out from within his sleeves to affix to Ket; Hedge grasped them in his palms, and was periodically pulling and loosing them, occasionally sending magic down them to assist Ket. The chains shuddered whenever Ket spawned a new chain from within his monolithic mass.

Emily was in mid-air, reeling from an uppercut by a hammer. The downswipe missed, and the floor cracked, but Hedge took the opportunity to pull back on one chain while loosing the other; Ket moved back slightly, and bare chains exploded from his body, lashing and binding Emily in a mass of iron links. Hedge now pulled back with both hands, and Ket subsequently pulled on the chains binding Emily; the doll moved slowly toward Ket's writhing, grinding body, the red eyes burning ferociously. Hedge felt glee in Ket, and pulled harder. And then the chains he was holding snapped.

Hedge stumbled as the chains whipped out of his hands and into Ket; he cursed as a sheared link sliced his hand, and quickly tore his sleeve to bandage the laceration. He looked up at Ket and felt panic, and then - pain. Ket let go, and blackness erupted from Emily. Ket flew, slamming into the ground across the courtyard. Hedge grunted as he felt the impact through his empathic link, lessened only somewhat. Ket groaned, a deep, long, mournful sound, and Hedge tried to loose off another chain to assist Ket, but Emily was already there; slamming onto Ket, Hedge felt the impact another time, and then Emily was on him. Ket was held in her grip, and blackness poured from Emily into him, and all at once Hedge felt it all through him; heat, extreme heat, heat enough to melt metal itself, slowly degrading into a pool of molten slag; then water, an endless expanse of water, rusting and seizing him up until he was paralyzed and disintegrating; then there was ice, freezing him brittle, his digits and limbs snapping at the slightest disturbance. And then...nothing.

The Elder Warlocks stepped in; Emily was removed, and Ket was moved away. Hedge was silent, sharing everything and nothing with Ket, the only thought being the obvious; they had lost. Gemini had defeated them, and they had been eliminated from the tournament. Hedge stood, raising from his kneeling position where he'd been experiencing Ket's many deaths. He moved across the courtyard, ashen-faced, to shake Gemini's hand; he produced a chain from his sleeve, a short length, shimmering blue slightly, presenting it to his opponent. A trophy. Gemini accepted, and they both left. Hedge rubbed his hand, and cursed when he re-discovered the cut that he'd bandaged, the fabric now stained red. He'd find a healer; then he'd find the mead stall. Maybe two or three of them.

.. ...

.. ...

Recovering

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band
  • Fav Song
(I suppose my golem will be called Nimbus)
Rorke strode out into the grounds, seemingly alone, the baton at his side clicking with every step. He wore a short sword on the other side, mostly hidden beneath his cloak. Next to him, a few leaves and small twigs stirred on the ground, spinning in a lazy circle. His opponent was very obviously a fire mage, snapping his fingers to send out sparks wildly. The golem that accompanied him looked like a ball of fire, lightly bouncing up and down from the ground. There was a small black circle underneath it where it had scorched the grass. Rorke tested the mental link one last time. Satisfied that it would hold, he nodded slightly to the fire mage.

The fire mage laughed and said "when they ask you who beat you, tell them it was Ash". Rorke rolled his eyes and the Elders gave the go ahead. As the air mage bowed, he felt heat surge towards his face, and his golem immediately got between him and the flames, beating them back with wind. One of the Elders stood up, outraged, and called for Ash's disqualification. "No", said Rorke. "It's fine."

Ash and Rorke locked eyes. The fire mage smiled, and the air mage drew his sword. It was tense for a moment, and then as Ash began throwing balls of fire, Rorke began to sprint forward. Keep him busy, he thought through the link. A tornado formed instantaneously and whirled towards the flaming golem, picking up debris on the way. The fire golem wasted no time, immediately trying to burn anything that spun in the tornado, while dodging the sharp gusts of air that would rush towards it.

Rorke kept batting the fireballs from the sky, extinguishing them with gusts of wind, but Ash could throw them faster than he could stop them. He threw up an air shield, struggling to hold against the fire that crashed against it again and again. The tornado lost focus on the fiery golem and whipped towards the fire mage, striking out at him with gale force winds. With a cry of surprise, Ash fell backwards. Slamming itself into the ground, the fire golem speedily rolled itself towards Rorke, flames shooting out a few feet in front of it's passage. A massive wind suddenly roared up from underneath Rorke, lifting him above the flames. Dust us out.

Wind whirled out in all directions, raising dirt up from the earth and making what was left of the grass look barren. It spun around and around, effectively blinding everyone on the field. Rorke looked around and saw nothing but dust no matter where he looked. The crowd loudly made its disapproval known. An Elder raised his hand and suddenly the crowd was silent again, as they were allowed to through the screen via the Elder's power.

Nimbus moved silently through the blindness, feeling and searching, carefully avoided the heat of the fire golem. The fire mage attempted to hurl fireballs in all directions, but the dust was so thick that anything he did extinguished itself momentarily. An imperceptible breeze moved over Ash's foot. There. "Ash!", shouted Rorke, having the wind carry his words. Ash turned to face the threat he thought was there, and felt a sword point in his back.

Suddenly, the air surrounding them was again clear, and the crowd cheered at the sight of the sword.

Rorke woke, and sat up from the tree he had been lazing against. "I really need to stop dreaming about that last match." Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he went to watch the competition.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
During the fight, Gem appeared to be just standing there. However, it was due to the fact that it took all his mental energy too assist Emily, still attempting to get her to make eye contact with Hedge. But it wouldn't work. And that was the key to winning this battle...This opponent was too strong for them to win any other way. Emily wouldn't be able to take much more of a beating.
Eventually, he gave up, and Emily managed to make eye contact with Ket instead, forcing him to experience fake deaths, over and over again. And then the battle was over; before she could get to the most gruesome of deaths, she was pulled away from her victim.
Gem wordlessly shook hands with Hedge, giving him a nod of thanks as he received the shimmering blue chain. He wouldn't give anything away here, but he was exhausted. More than usual. He picked Emily up to give her a break from walking, still aching slightly from the pain she had endured from the battle. But, she would be ok soon. There was a lot of life energy around here for her to restore herself.
For a moment, I thought we weren't going to make it that time, Gem thought, as he watched Hedge vanish through the crowd. If the chains hadn't snapped when they did, we would have lost...This thing is really getting tough. He leaned against a wall, away from the crowd moving to and from the courtyard, some waiting around for the next match to get the best view, others making their way to the stalls to quickly shop for goods and alcohol during the break.
"Looks like you were having a little trouble out there," Futa teased lightly as he appeared from around the corner, holding a small bottle of some smoky looking liquid. "Here...It will build up your strength."
Gem glared at him. "I don't need it," he grumbled stubbornly. "I won, didn't I?"
"Just," Futa pointed out. "It will get much harder next week...You should really start taking this. It will give you extra energy so you can train more...Maybe come up with a move that doesn't require so much power. It's risky too. If they don't look directly into Emily's eyes, you can't send the images to them, and if they're stronger than she is, it wont even work then...And then, there's the strain on your mind and body-"
"It's worked just fine so far!" Gem interrupted him angrily. "And it will continue to work. You have no room to talk because you already lost...For all I know, you're trying to sabotage me with that potion. Why don't you go give it to the guy I was fighting? He got injured."
Futa narrowed his eyes. "You know I'd never do that," he muttered, sounding hurt. "I'm just looking out for you. But fine...I'll give it away if you want. Don't come crawling to me if you collapse from exhaustion." He turned angrily and began to march away through the crowd. In his anger, he walked straight into someone who was making his way towards the competition area.
Equally annoyed, Gem attached the blue chain to the front of Emily's dress, as a little decoration. "Wanna see if we can go sneak some alcohol?" he asked mischievously.
Emily responded with her eerie smile.

.. ...

.. ...

Recovering

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band
  • Fav Song
Rorke felt himself slam into someone before he saw him. "Oof. My apologies, I wasn't watching where I was going."

The other traveler smiled slightly and said "it's fine. I was looking for someone to give this to anyways. Looks like its your lucky day." With that exchange, he tossed a dark vial into the air and walked away. Rorke looked up to catch it, did, and then looked for the man he had ran into. The crowd had absorbed him.

Oh well he thought, and set off to find someone in the marketplace willing to buy a mysterious, unknown, darkish liquid.

Cracka Stole My Yoshi

Cracka Stole My Yoshi

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Country
"Looks like we've got some competition." Celene murmured at the end of Hedge and Gem's fight. She had successfully made it through a fight earlier; barely, but she did it nonetheless. Sol chirped in response and ruffled his orange and deep red feathers a bit.
"You'll be fine. Look, the only reason you had problems in the last battle was because he was one of those water mages. Nobody can blame you, really. Considering you're made out of fire." She said, petting Sol's head lightly. Sol always rested on Celene's shoulder, unless he was injured or tired. Then Celene usually waited until he had to be summoned before bringing him back. He simply looked like a bigger, exotic bird when he was not fighting or being threatened. But, on Celene's command, he easily turned into a massive bird engulfed in flame.
She played with a glowing red vial strapped around her neck. This was her little secret weapon. This was the magic that kept Sol going longer if he was injured in a fight. Luckily, she didn't have to use it yet.
Celene turned on her heels and began walking towards the marketplace. She was starved. She tapped her finger on her chin, contemplating as she walked towards the food stands. She had seen both Hedge and Gem around, but she never really said anything to them. She was surprised; she never thought a little thing like Gem's golem would stand a chance against Hedge's hulking one. That little doll must've had a trick up it's sleeve or something..
She picked up an apple and payed the man running the stand, then bit into it. Sol squawked. "This is mine. You know you can't eat people food. Stop begging." She jerked her hand away from Sol's sharp and fast beak.
The man looked at her oddly, but she easily ignored him and began walking throughout the marketplace, obviously very bored.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Futago was in too much of a bad mood to care who he gave the potion to. Although Gem had told him to give it to his opponent from the last fight, he threw it to the guy he had walked into, as an apology. Then, he made his way back to the courtyard, where the next battle would begin shortly. The people fighting now were the strongest. The ones Gem would be up against next week. Maybe he could still help if he observed their fights.

Gem approached the nearest stall that sold alcohol. It was much more expensive than the taverns outside the gates. But, he knew he would be denied entry into those all together.
As he was contemplating what to do, Emily tugged at his sleeve, and pointed mischievously over at a woman who was lurking around, looking bored. She was one of the competitors who had also made it into the third week, and she seemed strong. Even though her strength was in fire, she had defeated a water mage. Emily was especially looking forward to facing her Golem in battle.
A sly smile spread across Gem's face, and he changed direction, making a beeline for the witch. "Oi," he called to her. "Your name is Celene...or something, isn't it? I saw your last battle. It was...interesting." He smiled sweetly at her.
"My Golem and I need a favour...The alcohol stalls are reserved for old people-...I mean, over 18's. If we are lucky enough to fight each other in this tournament, I'd be willing to go easy on you...although, it wouldn't exactly change the outcome...if you'd help us get some." He knew Emily couldn't exactly drink, but he was curious to see whether him drinking would have any effect on her.

Cracka Stole My Yoshi

Cracka Stole My Yoshi

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Country
Celene jumped slightly when she was suddenly approached. She smirked a bit.
"Yeah. Uh, Gem, right? I just saw your battle with.." She paused for a second, trying to remember his name. "Uh.. Hedge! Right, Hedge." Then she scoffed, crossing her arms and eying Gem. "So you're planning on using me now? Yeah, right. Like I'd let a little kid drink alcohol."
She shook her head. "As rude and confronting as you are, I could go for a drink. So, come on, then. I'll buy you one but that's all you're getting. Stay here. I don't want him askin' how old you are."
Celene walked over to a nearby alcohol stall. "Oi, get me two beers." She demanded. She wasn't exactly good at being polite. The man nodded his head once and got two ready. He was obviously very suspicious, but she walked away and past Gem, jerking her head a bit to the side signaling him to follow her.
"I'd rather not be known as the girl buying booze for a tyke. We'll drink near the forest line, yeah?" She continued walking, past the tents and found a big tree outside of all of the commotion. She plopped down on the ground and took a big gulp from her beer, then handed the other to Gem. "There you are. You're lucky I came into a bit of money, otherwise I wouldn't have bought anything for you."

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Gem smirked when Celene went off to buy the beer. He hadn't expected it to be so easy. And she had bought it with her own money, as well. He followed her in silence to the tree, a few steps behind. He didn't particularly want to ruin her reputation.
"How young do you think I am?" he grumbled as she handed him his drink. "I guess I should thank you, though...Since you're old, you can buy this stuff." He sat down in the grass, leaning against the tree lazily. A moment of silence passed as he stirred the foam on top with his finger. It was a little awkward talking to people when Futa wasn't around...He was the one who knew how to communicate with them properly, after all. "What did you think of our battle, then?" he asked curiously. "Did you bet I would win?...Is that how you made your money?...I actually thought you were going to lose your last battle. But, Emily's happy you won. She really wants to fight your Golem. Try to keep winning until you get to us, k?"
Even as he said the last part, Emily wobbled over to Celene, and stared up at Sol. She smirked, and began to make gestures that were obviously intended to irritate the phoenix.
Gem watched her for a moment, then finally decided to drink some of the beer. "...This is horrible...Why do old people like it so much?"

Cracka Stole My Yoshi

Cracka Stole My Yoshi

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Country
Celene chuckled. "Really? You complain at me to buy you alcohol, I do it, and now you complain about having it?" She shook her head and drank some more of her own beer. "Look, if ya don't want it, I'll take it after I'm done with this one. I'm quite good at holding my booze. Us elves don't get drunk that easily. People usually drink it to loosen up, you know? It's easy to get all uptight around here. It's all so much pressure."
She sighed and leaned against the tree, tapping her fingernail against the glass lightly.
"You want the truth or do you want me to lie to make you feel better?" She smirked. "I was actually betting on Hedge's golem. Not literally, but you know. I thought he was gonna win. I mean, you can't really blame me for thinking that way. He has a massive chain golem and yours is well.." She looked over at Emily who was obviously tormenting poor Sol, who was extremely agitated. "Tiny. I mean, she's extremely scary to look at, mind you. But she's just a little pipsqueak. Made my money off that one guy who had the wind golem. That fight was obvious on who was going to win."
Sol squawked at Emily and hopped off Celene's shoulder, nipping threatening at Emily. "'Ey, Sol. Knock it off. No fighting yet. You'll have plenty of time to mess her up in the ring." As she said this, she gave him a little smirk and took another swig of her beer.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Blushing slightly, Gem stared into the glass again. She was talking to him as though he was some little kid who was afraid to drink it. "It's not my fault you're a push over," he grumbled. "And it's mine now. You can't have it!" He quickly downed the entire contents of the glass in one. "People only get weighed down by the pressure if they don't believe they can actually win this thing...I have no time for stupid thoughts like that. Drinking this stuff because you're stressed out is stupid...The taste alone has got me more annoyed than I was already."
He put the empty glass down, and frowned at Celene, pushing away a sudden feeling of dizziness. "Bigger Golems have bigger weaknesses. Emily can take advantage of them easily...And I think she's adorable. Not like your big old bird." He glared at Sol when he began to attack Emily, who was still recovering from the battle.
Emily got behind Sol, and pulled at one of his tail feathers, before hobbling back over to Gem, smirking as she reached the safety of his arms.
"If your Golem can even touch her in our battle, I'll give you all the money I have." Gem's thoughts drifted to the wind mage. He had seen his battle, too. "Hm...Do you think you could beat that guy?" he asked, his tone much calmer and less argumentative. Partly because his vision was swimming before him, and he didn't know which Celene to look at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users