Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sega Begins Sales Of Urine-Powered ‘Toylet’ Videogame

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
Toylet, a urinal-mounted gaming device created by Sega, is now on the market for the general public according to the official Toylet twitter feed.

The equipment starts at 140,000 yen ($1,748) with games costing 10,000 yen ($125) apiece, according to Engadget Japan. An optional box that accepts 10-yen coins as payment is also available for 25,000 yen ($312).

Players interact with Toylet by urinating on a sensor placed inside the urinal that measures volume and pressure. That input controls the videogame, shown on a screen mounted at eye level. The games include filling coffee cans, squirting milk out of a tough guy’s nose and blowing wind up a girl’s skirt. Each game lasts less than a minute and can be followed by a advertisement placed by the operator.

Toylets are designed to operate only in urinals and will not work in a traditional sit-down toilet. Also, the listed fees only include the cost of the machine itself — you’ve got to buy your own porcelain.

The unorthodox game device turned heads last winter when Sega tested the machines in select Tokyo locations. Since then, it has placed them in establishments across the country.

According to the official Toylet website, the games’ positive testimonials have a variety of benefits for business owners: Customers make less of a mess at the urinals, Toylet-advertised products sell twice as much, and overall sales rise because customers stay longer.

Toylets are designed to operate only in urinals and will not work in a traditional sit-down toilet. Also, the listed fees only include the cost of the machine itself — you’ve got to buy your own porcelain.

The unorthodox game device turned heads last winter when Sega tested the machines in select Tokyo locations. Since then, it has placed them in establishments across the country.

According to the official Toylet website, the games’ positive testimonials have a variety of benefits for business owners: Customers make less of a mess at the urinals, Toylet-advertised products sell twice as much, and overall sales rise because customers stay longer.

Story Link

Anyone want to comment on this?

Reflection

Reflection

Noitcelfer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,598 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .
Sure, I'll comment: "What the fuck?"

PageNotFound404

PageNotFound404

Stupid teenager

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Closure
  • Fav Song Closure - Sebastian
On a totally unrelated note:

Back to the topic, this is glorious.

nah

nah

nah

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band you
  • Fav Song you
i refuse to believe this is true :l
also why would the games be so expensive what the fuck

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts
Well, there goes the female customer base :lol:

PageNotFound404

PageNotFound404

Stupid teenager

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Closure
  • Fav Song Closure - Sebastian
I guess these are sold as novelty products, since they have panty vending machines in Japan that sell 50 bucks for each. Also the prices are high so may be only big companies can afford them in order to keep their toilets clean, or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass.

@Steve: Sorry if I'm stereotyping, but I believe Japan is very, very sexist. I'm not saying that all Japanese men are chauvinistic pigs and perverts ... but they'd probably take the female demographic for granted.

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

@Steve: Sorry if I'm stereotyping, but I believe Japan is very, very sexist. I'm not saying that all Japanese men are chauvinistic pigs and perverts ... but they'd probably take the female demographic for granted.

Well, it's not unknown they're sexist as a nation really. Japanese culture is a lot different to other cultures anyway.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
:( Why was I born a girl? >:c /Unfair.
At first I thought: "Wtf?...WHY?!" But part of me would totally try it if I was physically able. ¬_¬

Also. That talking toilet is ADORABLE. x3

ZombieRecon

ZombieRecon

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

:( Why was I born a girl? >:c /Unfair.
At first I thought: "Wtf?...WHY?!" But part of me would totally try it if I was physically able. ¬_¬

^ This

Also they have had ideas like that about for a while

Posted Image

Ichithekiller

Ichithekiller

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Black Sabbath
  • Fav Song N.I.B