Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

World Of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Caleb Nelson

Caleb Nelson

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band 30 seconds to mars
Come on, someone here must play World of Warcraft ? :3

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts
Played it once, got to level 7 or something, decided it was no fun and quit. I'm sure someone plays it here though.

Moosenapper

Moosenapper

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Refused
I played it for about a year til my ex quit, then it got boring :S I think the only appealing side to WoW is honestly the social side - the game itself is ridiculously bad.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts
The game is not "ridiculously bad", the fact remains that it broke the mold for the MMORPG market. I don't play WoW anymore and I won't play the new expansion coming out, but I played a LOT of WoW, and for a reason. Every MMO tries to be WoW because WoW did so many things correctly. I think that it's been on a steady decline since Cataclysm but it had so many years of success. It's Blizzard. Blizzard makes good games.

Moosenapper

Moosenapper

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Refused

The game is not "ridiculously bad", the fact remains that it broke the mold for the MMORPG market. I don't play WoW anymore and I won't play the new expansion coming out, but I played a LOT of WoW, and for a reason. Every MMO tries to be WoW because WoW did so many things correctly.

This 'fact' would be better applied to games such as DAOC, not WoW. Perhaps there were earlier ones too, though DAOC was the first of it's type that I personally played.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts
I'm talking modern day MMOs. They all want to be World of Warcraft. They have all implemented features that WoW brought to the table first, and I mean features that DAOC and Everquest didn't have. I'm not trying to claim that WoW was the first MMO, I'm saying that it took the MMO genre and completely broke the mold of it, almost to a fault, because that's all an MMO strives to be now, is WoW.

.:.Lish.:.

.:.Lish.:.

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
I haven't played WoW before but I am keen to cos my old teacher he was a total epic obsessive gamer and he told us about all the benifits in WoW and made it sound completely awesome.

I heard that it lags a fair bit. Does it?

Gangsta Fag

Gangsta Fag

Ass-Eating Aficionado

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
^ Depends on Server, and what time. My old server Nathrezim was lag free until they opened up transfers, and clogged us up.

Also, WoW was fucking amazing. Too bad all the expansions progressively ruined the game.

Caleb Nelson

Caleb Nelson

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band 30 seconds to mars
Haha i agree with the most of you guys, cata ruined the game for me. I have cancelled my sub until the new expansion comes out and i hope that makes it half enjoyable again.

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting
recently started getting into it. I don't play everyday, but as of now I'm a level 16 mage.

Gangsta Fag

Gangsta Fag

Ass-Eating Aficionado

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
^ You missed the golden age of it :(

yay0009

yay0009

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Texas
  • Fav Band a lot
  • Fav Song seduction - alesana
I love WOW though I don't get to play it much anymore Posted Image

I miss Barrens chat cataclysm ruined it :facepalm:

KristiMassacre

KristiMassacre

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Haha yes I play WoW! Played it since my dad got it back about 5 years ago now I think, and been playing since! But my dad closed his account and I got a new one about a year ago.. Level 63 human Warrior :D

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting
i got into this game more. I'm now a level 38 (almost 39) mage.

Nayro

Nayro

隊長すごい

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hmm..
Received 7 days of playtime from a classmate this weekend. Decided to try Cataclysm as I quit in WotLK. I'm currently healing like a boss in heroics.

brand-new

brand-new

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
Never had a proper computer to play it :/ my processing chip sux

Dbd

Dbd

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Arizona
  • Fav Band Coheed and Cambria

Vanilla wow was great, The Burning Crusade was pretty good, Wrath of the Lich king was great, Cataclysm was pretty shitty and Mists of Pandaria is better than Cataclysm but still pretty shitty compared to the old days, I still have my subscription and am a Bloodthirsty in pvp and my old account was a High Warlord mage during vanilla.

If you guys wan't to add me, hit me up I love to meet new friends, that why I recently joined this website :)

Kitties and Death Wishes

Kitties and Death Wishes

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band System Of A Down
  • Fav Song Lucy~nickasaur!

I've been playing for about 4-5 years, used to be everyday but now it's once every two months or so.
and the only good thing about Cataclysm was the Worgens, and even then they are pretty shit. I can't talk tho, all my high level Druids are Worgens xD (All I play are druids, shamans and the odd hunter)
I played Mists the very second it came out in Australia.
WHAT A MASSIVE DISSAPOINTMENT!!
whoever thought Pandas would be good charaters has something wrong with them, And the gameplay sucked so much.

I miss the Lich King.

Fizz

Fizz

C'est pas vrai

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,372 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Weeknd
  • Fav Song Glass table girls

Vanilla wow.

nah

nah

nah

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band you
  • Fav Song you

I just started playing a few months ago, bought the Battle Chest thingy with WotLC and TBC. Have a 38 Human Paladin, 29 Worgen Warrior and 25 Draenei Shaman, sort of levelling them all up at the same time due to different reasons. Dungeons are pretty fun. It's so easy to just lose hours and hours on it though, at the moment I don't have as much time to play, definitely one of the most addictive games i've ever played though. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users