Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Favourite Films/movies & Directors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts
A thread for your all time favourite films and directors of said films.

Feel free to post as many films and directors as you wish, but I recommend you do a top 5 list of films and a top 3 list of directors to keep it condensed. If you want to discuss a particular film or director in more depth, feel free to make a thread dedicated to them in this section, otherwise, post here.

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
I could never pick just 5 films to be in my top... well I could but at least 4 outta 5 would be rotated in and out.

However if it's my top 5 directors you want;

5. Edgar Wright - No one captures the british geek culture verve like he does, I've been a fan since I first saw Spaced.
4. John Landis - If I have to explain to you anything about this guy, you don't belong in this section.
3. Terry Gilliam - Former Python and imaginist extradonaire, you should check out his loose trilogy of imagination; Time Bandits, Brazil and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.
2. Luc Besson - Again if I have to tell you anything about this mans work... leave... just leave now.
1. Stanley Kubrick - 'nuff said. No other directors body of work has been so consistently good (yes even despite Eyes Wide Shut).

Although honourable mentions;

Guillermo Del Toro, Takashi Miike, Steven Spielburg, David Cronenberg, David Lynch, Joss Whedon, Kenneth Branagh, James Gunn, Kevin Smith, Darren Aronofsky and Chris Nolan.

Hazardous Waste

Hazardous Waste

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

I've seen several hundred movies on Netflix and I have a list of them. These are a few that stuck in my mind. I don't know many directors names, but I do like Steven Spielbergs films a lot.

Can't say if these are listed in order of my exact preference, but here are some of my favorite movies:

The Silence of The Lambs (awesome movie)

Blood and Chocolate

Interview With The Vampire

Bram Stokers Dracula (with Anthony Hopkins)

Titanic (1997)

Coyote Ugly

Hunt For Red October

James Bond 007 (all of them)

The Bourne trilogy (3 movies with Matt Damon)

Terminator 1, 2 & 3

The Exorcist

True Loser

True Loser

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Fall Out Boy

I mostly like covert op movies

Killer Elite