Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lag Of Legends General

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Louisiana
  • Fav Band Seven Lions
  • Fav Song All Alone
Aw. I just beginning to like Katarina, too. And Jayce doesn't stab. Just smashes shit with that huge hammer/gun of his.

Played with the best Sona last night. She was perfect at supporting, and getting the last hit on champs.

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
I was talking about Rengar, but hey! Nice reading.

Sona's a difficult champion to not ks with in the heat of battle tbh, and it's why you'll see far more accidental ks's from sona supports than any other. Because she has to autoattack to apply her Power Chord debuffs, and because Power Chord attacks do extra damage based on level, and these debuffs are strong (lower damage, lower resists, slow, all with a hefty side-order of poking), you want to be throwing them out as much as you can to help your team, and because of that it's easy to under-estimate your damage vs. their health and steal it by accident. Plus, the Q aura (extra ap/ad) is the one you'll be wanting on the most, with the others used for their actives rather than passives (past laning, anyway). So you're constantly throwing out Q actives that damage as well when you switch back to damage aura from healing/hasting someone.

Plus Sona's autoattacks are fast, the particles aren't that noticeable in the heat of battle, and her animation is quick and similar to one of her idles. So sometimes you don't notice you're attacking at all.

Two Headed Bro

Two Headed Bro

basedyoloswag4lyf

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lil B 'The Based God'
  • Fav Song Lil B - I'm God
Posted Image
This was game of the year all years. at 59 minutes we catch their rengar and ezreal walking from their turrets, blow everything on them and pop their GA's then kill them. Seriously so fucking close the whole way through. I also sold my GA twice. Once for Zhonya's, then for Abyssal, then sold the Abyssal for GA again. Crazy gaem.

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Seven Lions
  • Fav Song All Alone
^Good job.

I was talking about Rengar, but hey! Nice reading.

Sona's a difficult champion to not ks with in the heat of battle tbh, and it's why you'll see far more accidental ks's from sona supports than any other. Because she has to autoattack to apply her Power Chord debuffs, and because Power Chord attacks do extra damage based on level, and these debuffs are strong (lower damage, lower resists, slow, all with a hefty side-order of poking), you want to be throwing them out as much as you can to help your team, and because of that it's easy to under-estimate your damage vs. their health and steal it by accident. Plus, the Q aura (extra ap/ad) is the one you'll be wanting on the most, with the others used for their actives rather than passives (past laning, anyway). So you're constantly throwing out Q actives that damage as well when you switch back to damage aura from healing/hasting someone.

Plus Sona's autoattacks are fast, the particles aren't that noticeable in the heat of battle, and her animation is quick and similar to one of her idles. So sometimes you don't notice you're attacking at all.

I guess I read really well, sorry. But the double Q is pretty nice. Personally, I build his ferocity for only two things, his W to heal in a 1-on-1, or his E to immobilize a champ in place. If I'm above half health, I'll double Q for the shit ton of damage it gives.

I've never played with a Sona that "hasn't" ks'ed. In any game I've played with one. I think she's owed that much for her supporting abilities, but I guess it's aggravating, especially when it happens to me. And you're right about the auto-attack animations. It barely looks like she's attacking at all some times. When I think about it, I'm not really sure if they stole the kill, or if it was an accident - could be either.

I once saw someone play an all AD Sona. Ripped everyone to shreds. Ended the game with a 24/5/12, or something like that.

I'm going to try AP Yi in classic next. Wish me luck.

--

Best game I've played with Rengar yet:
Posted Image

Sylar

Sylar

I'm a Merman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Texas
  • Fav Band ~
  • Fav Song Rabbit Heart
I really doubt they will nerf Kat. She was already nerfed after her rework and to be honest, I find her to be pretty strong if played correctly (she could seriously get one more second off her Shunpo up till level 3). It might be a while before they decide to change something on her. Katarina's early laning phase is bad until you hit level 5 seeing as AP items will be bought plus Q+W make it easy to farm and get out of harms way with E. This is what allows her to just do what she wants most of the time. People decide not to try and engage a Kat unless she's been poked very hard or has already used up her Shunpo.

Two Headed Bro

Two Headed Bro

basedyoloswag4lyf

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Country
Posted Image
hnnnng dat 20 minute blitz gold.

Sylar

Sylar

I'm a Merman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band ~
  • Fav Song Rabbit Heart
Patch notes up. Really looking forward to this new item:
*NEW ITEM* Wooglet's Witchcap

Recipe: Needlessly Large Rod
Total gold cost: 2700 (combine cost: 1100)
+100 Ability Power
Unique Passive: +10% Movement Speed
Unique Passive: Increases Ability Power by 25%.

I would rather have this item first on Katarina rather than Rabbadon's due to the movement speed, anytime. Actually, it would work great on many mid champions. Imagine the ganking opportunities that will be present now. Really can't wait :3 I'm so damn excited.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts
You do realize that's exclusive to the 3v3 map right

Sylar

Sylar

I'm a Merman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band ~
  • Fav Song Rabbit Heart
Yeah, I actually really like playing Kat in 3v3, always felt special when I got the MS buffs. She racks up kills very easily there, and it'll allow for much more movement there. Although, they did say they made the changes in the map for those "blink" champions.

Edit: They might test the items out in this map, see how it affects the gameplay and maybe implement some items to Summoner's Rift like they did with dominion items.

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Seven Lions
  • Fav Song All Alone
Whatever happened to that crazy map they were talking about?

Oh, yeah, it looked something like this:
Posted Image

Oh, and this:
Posted Image

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
Ah, it was only a matter of time before someone brought up Magma Chamber.

It won't happen. If it does, it won't be for a year or so, at the least. They're not worried about maps, with how popular Rift is, and how big League is E-Sports wise introducing another 5v5 classic-type map is just not something they'd do.

That said I don't see why; the pros play on Rift, but that doesn't stop everyone else playing Scar/Treeline/Murderbridge.

It is a beautiful map, and big, and the concept is awesome, but it'll take a lot of balancing. Nearly everything these days is balanced for Rift, so another map is eugh.

--

Looking forward to the new Treeline. I play a lot of Singed on it, and he's currently op anyway - and now, with Blackfire Torch and Floppy Hat added, Singed is going to be unstoppable.

LET'S CRUNCH SOME NUMBERS.

Blackfire Torch: 50AP/300HP/300MP

Rod Of Ages: 80AP/630HP/725MP

Floppy Hat: 100AP/+25%AP/+10%MS

Singed Lvl18 Base Stats: 0AP/1881HP/1025MP

So, with these items, Singed has:

AP: 50+80+100=230+25%= 287.5AP
HEALTH: 300+630+1881=2811+25% of max mana=3323.5HP
MANA: 300+725+1025=2050MP

With three items. Ah, the rise of AP Bruiser Singed is coming, and it feels beautiful.

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
AP bruiser Singed sadly not as good as I thought, but I didn't get to build floppy hat so that may have something to do with it. I also feel that he's not as strong on the new treeline either. I won, but it wasn't as easy and my other two teammates carried. We'll see in the long-term.

Elise is awesome. I prefer to jungle because I can't mid for shit and she's too squishy early to top/too damaging overall to support. Her clear's pretty good with her w skill on both sides, and e ganks are very nice. Tier5 boots might be the order of the day, though, the e range is less than the spotlight makes it out to be, and that massive fuck-off circle is easy as shit to spot. I start armour+pots, rush kages, then sell cloth for boots and start a catalyst into Rod of Ages. Everything else is up to you; her spider form can stack a tear quite well but she doesn't have any costs for spider skills, so mana shouldn't really be a problem. Rylai's can be nice for the slow to lock down your e and w in human form, but again, her human spells come in one big burst (q>e>w) and then you swap to spider to finish, and with the e and the q lunge on a short cd sticking to them isn't a massive problem either. A mix of ap and survivability is probably the right sort of direction - Rod of Ages, merc treads/ninja tabi, deathcap, abyssal (especially for spider form). That sort of thing.

I've also recently discovered toplane shyvana, which is nice, because i like shyvana but find her a weak jungler (right now at least, that may change with season 3), so I'm glad I have somewhere to play her. I open boots+pots, rush phage, then after i finish my wits end i get zeal, upgrade my boots if i haven't already, then sheen and triforce. From there, your options are survivability however you like it, or more damage in the form of a mallet or ghostblade.

Sylar

Sylar

I'm a Merman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band ~
  • Fav Song Rabbit Heart
Tried out the 3v3 today and man I was so excited for it. Then it all went down the drain and got me in a sour mood. 3 different games and there was always a Yorick omg he is so difficult to lane against and is so tanky. If we killed the other two enemies we would be low enough for yorick to kill us. If we focused yorick he would just ult himself and bam, the fight would turn into 4v3.

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
Yeah, Yorick's still a problem. He receives relatively small playtime though, so I don't imagine the nerfbat will be rounding on his well-deserved ass anytime soon.

The main thing that I hate about Yorick is how boring he is. I've played him, used to do it extensively, and he's as to lane with as he is to lane against. It boggles the mind.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts
They will never balance champions around the 3v3 map. Same with Dominion obviously.

Two Headed Bro

Two Headed Bro

basedyoloswag4lyf

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Country
A sample of some based games
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
That last one ended at the 26 minute mark. As in we took the nexus.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts
Posted Image

OH YOU KNOW HOW IT BE

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
Bought JarvanIV for treeline. THE DUNKS. So much fun. Bought Darius for more dunks. Want to run a JarvanIV/Darius/Pantheon/Garen/AP-Yi team. THE DUNKS.

Two Headed Bro

Two Headed Bro

basedyoloswag4lyf

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Country
I got my first penta the other day. I was 1 v 5 defending my nexus towers and they had a few around 1/2 hp. I manned up and did the dirty work. I was playing kat so it isn't as impressive but still, 1 v 5 penta is pretty baller. Staton can confirm the ballerness.

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
Still to get another penta since my Draven quadra > penta. I haven't played Draven in ages, thinking about it :( mostly Jarvan and Jayce.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users