Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Make-Up Recommendation Thread

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
Primer, BB Cream, mascara and some black/brown eyeshadow in the outer corners. Done in 3,5 minutes.

Mindy Simmons

Mindy Simmons

Mmm... footlong chili dog.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,195 posts
When I wear makeup, I usually wear Maybelline Define A Lash Volume Mascara (which is alright, cold go for a new one tbh), Avon Glimmersticks Diamonds Eyeliner in "twilight sparkle" (which compliments my eye colour very nicely and I dig the subtle sparkly look), Rimmel Infinite Colour gloss (stays on quite awhile, even while eating and drinking, and the colour I have--030 here to stay--suits me very well), and either Maybelline ExpertWear eyeshadow in Blue Slate (which works well and the colours are nice) or L'Oreal Wear Infinité eyeshadow in Very Violet (I like the shades of purple for a change but it isn't great eye shadow).

I don't wear make up every day and I hardly wear anything like foundation or blush any more, as it aggravates my skin. I haven't gotten new makeup in awhile and I could definitely stand for some new stuff, especially eye shadow and mascara.

.Aneraxium.

.Aneraxium.

Peace, Love & Serenity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,038 posts
Honestly in my collection atm I have none of my 'OMG I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!' products (or very few) since I am currently broke ass and usually would swear by things far out of my budget, which I can't justify seeing as I hardly wear makeup anymore.

But some of my regulars or favourites have to be:

Mary Kays Time wise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation: I have very shiny skin naturally, I always look like i have an oily face no matter if I just washed it and this works perfectly to take away a lot of the sheen, I swear by it even though ran out and have currently been using an older foundation I had used to mix since it wasn't until this one that I found a shade to match me. (honestly not badly priced at $23 a tube)

Quo Minerals Matter Double Concealer: God I love this thing, a little goes a long way. If I had to justify one makeup essential to buy this would be it, it has never done me wrong. I love the fact that it has a stick and liquid all in one convenient little stick, and it covers everything even those god forbidden hickies I've been left with. I can use it for any of my facial uh ohs, works like a charm, I even got my mom hooked on it.

Covergirl's Clean: I love it, I was raised on covergirl my mom swears by it, and I've come to too. Although Mary Kays Loose Powder has been rivaling it.

Clinique High Impact Macara: I love it, it's dark it leaves my lashes flexible and doesnt flake, I feel like I'm not wearing it and may lashes are still soft as helll.

Mac Style Influencer Mineralize Eyeshadow: It has three beautiful shades ( white, black with blue sparkles and a very light brow-red) I swear by the white and brown they're subtle but gorgeous against my pale skin tone, great with my eyeliner as it doesn't fight for attention but looks great on its own as well.

Rimmel's Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer: Goes on smooth, lasts all day and are very rich and colourful
Emerald Sparkle I love this thing it sparkles, and brings out the bluey-green to my eyes
Black Its goes on dark and smooth I don't have to sit there going over it again and again to make it a rich black. I love that it's such a quick simple application in the morning.

NYX Eye Pencil Purple:I love the matte purple it has, I love how it makes my eyes pop and how it does seem to last

Revlon's Moon Drops Copperglaze Wine: I love how it's just a shade or two darker than my lips and sparkles. I'm not a big fan of lipsticks but I love this one, it's one of the very few items than never leaves my purse. It makes my lips look juicier, richer and prettier. I'm obsessed with it.

But with everyday I wear makeup the night comes and I have to take it off and I dont know what I'd do without The Body Shops Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash I love it, ever sine I've started using it (approximately 6 months ago) I've found my skins a lot softer, healthier and cleaner looking and feeling. The redness to my face isn't as prominent and i haven't been struggling with my acne and such nearly as much. Although it's such a small tube it lasts forever, I still haven't made it through the first one.

Obviously I don't even wear a third of this a week but it's the most popular of my makeup collection (honestly I have so much makeup I cant find enough places to keep it, I have it spread on in containers in three different rooms of my house)

i start off with face primer , than use foundation its normally air brush( it leaves your face smooth and doesn't come off all day) than i go to my eyes thats heavy dark black eyeliner all the way around i use gel eyeliner with that ... than i put some mascara... i use 4 different type (remmel volume , wet n wild water proof , ohh so water proof mascara and Rimmel london day 2 night ) than out some lip gloss on its usually peachy colour or light pink and im done usually takes me 4 hours to do my makeup

Hun, just a tip, I wouldn't suggest wearing waterproof everyday, just on the days you need it. (rainy days, special occasions if you absolutely must, if you absolutely must wear it into water etc.) Since it is so harsh and desn't come off with just water, as you've probably noticed you really have to scrub it off at night, its made to stay on your lashes. I used to swear by waterproof until I found out that it has been known over time to thin and dry out lashes making them break and such, which isn't pleasant.

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting

Finally, my secret weapon: After moisturising, I put Bio-oil around my nose, cheeks and t-zone. My skin is combination and my nose area can sometimes get quite rough. Bio-oil is quite simply, AMAZING. Seriously, try it on your face if you can before putting on your make up and perhaps its just me, but my face looks so much smoother, softer and my primer/foundation glides on that little bit easier. My foundation often streaks around my t-zone but when i apply bio-oil first it goes on perfectly. Give it a try!

sooooo girlies of EC, what are your make up habits, loves, hates, tips, tricks, hints, weapons etc?

i have some bio oil...but i am afraid to put it on my face. it sounds like it would promote breakouts? or am i wrong?

I got sooooo excited recently because i found my favorite foundation online, it discontinued about two years ago. I ordered it from this awesome little website at buymebeauty.com!! Here's the product that i recently ordered. It's called Pure Makeup by Maybeline and it's 50% water. I'll be using the fair/light one. It feels great on your skin:
Posted Image

What i have been using in the mean time is Loreal naturale powder for the past year:
Posted Image

I'm kind of pale so i use soft ivory. It's a pretty good match and if it seems too light, I use some of Bare Minerals 'Warmth' but very little:
Posted Image

What i'm going to end up doing is using the Pure Makeup by maybeline and since i have oily skin and the makeup is shine free, if i do happen to get T zone issues, i will apply the loreal powder for a nice matte finish. I will possibly dust my cheeks lightly with the Bare Minerals Warmth for a sun kissed look as well. :)

as for eye makeup, i'm terrible at it :( so I'm not going there. :lol:

the facewash i use:
Posted Image

The green tea scrub feels amazing on my skin. It decreases redness and just feels great.

KimberleyAnn'

KimberleyAnn'

First classs bitch.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sleeping with sirens.
  • Fav Song Rodger rabbit.

WAIT FOR IT

Dior Nude Foundation - it costs roughly £30 a bottle.
Estee Lauder Gel Eyeliner - costs roughly £20 for a small 'tub'.

I don't wear mascara or anything else, I'm actually very good with makeup.

Does gel eyeliner make your eyes water ? i ask this beacuse whenever i use it my eyes water like ita raining

.Aneraxium.

.Aneraxium.

Peace, Love & Serenity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,038 posts

i have some bio oil...but i am afraid to put it on my face. it sounds like it would promote breakouts? or am i wrong?

I got sooooo excited recently because i found my favorite foundation online, it discontinued about two years ago. I ordered it from this awesome little website at buymebeauty.com!! Here's the product that i recently ordered. It's called Pure Makeup by Maybeline and it's 50% water. I'll be using the fair/light one. It feels great on your skin:
Posted Image

What i'm going to end up doing is using the Pure Makeup by maybeline and since i have oily skin and the makeup is shine free, if i do happen to get T zone issues, i will apply the loreal powder for a nice matte finish. I will possibly dust my cheeks lightly with the Bare Minerals Warmth for a sun kissed look as well. :)

the facewash i use:
Posted Image

The green tea scrub feels amazing on my skin. It decreases redness and just feels great.

Thats the foundation I'm using (same shade probably too) and I liked it but to me it wears off much too quick for my liking and I find it streaks too much no matter the way I apply it. To me I hate the feeling of it on my skin, but that may just be me and my skin being irritated by something in it.

And I love that face wash.

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -

Hun, just a tip, I wouldn't suggest wearing waterproof everyday, just on the days you need it. (rainy days, special occasions if you absolutely must, if you absolutely must wear it into water etc.) Since it is so harsh and desn't come off with just water, as you've probably noticed you really have to scrub it off at night, its made to stay on your lashes. I used to swear by waterproof until I found out that it has been known over time to thin and dry out lashes making them break and such, which isn't pleasant.

Reminded me: waterproof mascara all the way. Long, full, curvy lashes with no clumps or wearing off. The effects vary for everyone, my lashes are strong enough to handle waterproof daily. For removing, put some make-up remover on a cotton pad and press on your eye for a while, then gently wipe off. No scrubbing needed! :) I also apply vaseline on my lashes few times a week to keep them strong and healthy.

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-

Thats the foundation I'm using (same shade probably too) and I liked it but to me it wears off much too quick for my liking and I find it streaks too much no matter the way I apply it. To me I hate the feeling of it on my skin, but that may just be me and my skin being irritated by something in it.

And I love that face wash.

the maybelline one? do you buy it online and did it come with a retail seal?

well, when they sent it to me, it didn't come with a retail seal :( so i wont be using it. :( The reason is because this product was discontinued 2 years ago, so no matter which one you get, you never know how old it REALLY is...so it's probably been exposed to air. You're guaranteed to be sold one that is at LEAST two years old. That, over time, decreases the products quality and it spoils. The company that I bought it from won't answer my phone call. :( Oh well. I guess it is time to move on from this product. I have real trouble finding make up that does well with my skin. I get oily skin at a certain point of the day, especially during humid weather and I have not found a make up that will last and look fresh all day long. :( I may try going back to Bare Minerals makeup since it's supposedly "so pure you can sleep in it".

and I love that face wash too. I love the way it smells. I only use the scrub though because salicylic (sp?) acid is too drying to my skin. So the other green tea wash that goes with it i do not use. That reminds me of the only moisturizer i ever liked. The green tea moisturizer by Proactiv. But all the other Proactiv products i disliked.

.Aneraxium.

.Aneraxium.

Peace, Love & Serenity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,038 posts
I got it two years ago, even when it was brand new it was shit for me, unfortunately. I only use it now if I know my photos being taken within the next 20 minutes.

I know what you mean with both. The only Proactiv product I've liked was the stuff to decrease oily skin through the day, I found it was great if I was going to be wearing makeup, but I couldn't use it more than 3 times a week.

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-

I got it two years ago, even when it was brand new it was shit for me, unfortunately. I only use it now if I know my photos being taken within the next 20 minutes.

I know what you mean with both. The only Proactiv product I've liked was the stuff to decrease oily skin through the day, I found it was great if I was going to be wearing makeup, but I couldn't use it more than 3 times a week.

Ah. I'm going to send it back.

I never tried that proactiv product before. The current makeup i have now, the loreal one, it looks really good the first few hours then my oil kicks in and i look reallllllllllllly shiny. It's like i need another translucent powder just to absorb the oil.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

Okay, so I'm undecided if I'd suit this lip cream that I really want. Like really bad. It's by NYX: http://www.nyxcosmet...-lip-cream.aspx

I want Monte Carlo, Antwerp and Milan. I just don't think I'd suit Monte Carlo, it's a bit dark and could clash with my skin tone? I already have San Paulo, and it's beaut. 

Here's the swatches image. 

17_4_.jpg

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
I'll be getting some mac makeup in the airport. If it's still open haha

KimberleyAnn'

KimberleyAnn'

First classs bitch.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sleeping with sirens.
  • Fav Song Rodger rabbit.

i haven't seen anywhere here that sells MAC products , NARS or Chanel ... Its stupid. !

HannahLacrymose

HannahLacrymose

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'd recommend  NYC's liquid eyeliner  if you're looking for  affordable makeup for someone on a budget.. I wear it all the time and I love it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users