Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Customising Clothes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
Do you customise your own clothes?
If so, what do you do?
Do you cut them up? Paint on them? Stud them?

Me, I cut the collars off some, and I paint on plain t-shits to jazz them up a bit.

Examples:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I like doing things like this because it's cheaper than buying it off etsy and no one will have one like it.

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts
I sew patches and zips onto some of my clothes. I like having zip hoodies so if I see a non-zip one that I really like, I just craft it into a zipped one. I sew patches onto the chests and backs of plain hoodies too, to add a little to them. I also dye and bleach some clothes, I bleached a pair of jeans once to give it a faded effect and I dyed a couple of white and brown hoodies before.

I don't do these often because I usually like the things I buy as it is.

lukejeffrey12

lukejeffrey12

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
I write and paint things on plain t-shirts. I also cut them up. I write slogans/lyrics on them. . . I often stencil onto plain white t-shirts, My favourites include:

- IT'S SO EASY TO LAUGH IT'S SO EASY TO HATE. IT TAKES STRENGTH TO BE GENTLE AND KIND (Morrissey: I Know it's Over)

- LOVE YOUR MASKS AND ADORE YOUR FAILURE (Manic Street Preachers: Stay Beautiful)

- 4REAL (Richey Edwards carved this into his forearm with a razor blade on being questioned of his authenticity)

- LONESOME AESTHETIC (Manic Street Preachers reference)

- HAPPY TO FOREGO MY FUTURE (reference to By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept by Elizabeth Smart)

- I NEED TO CLING TO SOMETHING (Reference to both By Grand Central Station... and 'What She Said' by The Smiths)

- I AM BLOOD, BONE, MARROW, PASSION, FEELING (From Don Juan by Lord Byron)

- HOW SHOULD I GREET THEE? WITH SILENCE AND TEARS (final lines of When We Two Parted by Lord Byron)

- SUCH THINGS I DO ARE JUST TO MAKE MYSELF MORE ATTRACTIVE TO YOU! HAVE I FAILED? (Morrissey: The Last of the Famous International Playboys)

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
I've never customized a piece of clothing, but only put patches or sewn if article of clothing ripped.

Screaming Silence

Screaming Silence

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band We Came As Romans
  • Fav Song My Skin by Natalie Merchant
I sometimes customize my clothes. Usually I cut them- the sleeves, collar and then I change the length. To be honest, I'm more comfortable in a shirt if it ends at my waist line instead of on my hips. I'll even add that fringy stringy stuff at the bottom of my shirts.

Blanket

Blanket

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I've had a couple different lady friends decorate a couple of my hoodies. Just simple stuff like studs and patches and stuff, but I really dig the look for some reason. I've never done it myself, but I'm always looking for new ideas of neat things.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _
I'm incapable of anything related to creativity or hands on projects. I once tried to alter a lace tank of mine, it had a ruched lining at the hem and it annoyed me, so I tried to cut it off. The lace on the end was a darker colour, so I had an outline of where to cut it. I ended up ruining it any way and cut both sides at once and the tank turned into a very short, uneven crop top.

Other than that, I just avoid it at all costs. I make my jeans or leggings into shorts and that's all I can manage. I do want to try and turn some of my old graphic shirts into a tank or crop top. Fingers crossed it goes well.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
I just buy plain t-shirts and paint them a little, it's mainly to save myself money lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users