Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which Next-Generation Console Are You Getting? Why?

games

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Which next generation console are you getting? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Next-generation game console are you getting?

1. Xbox one (1 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

2. PlayStation four (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Neither (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. PC (7 votes [58.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

AnonyDead

AnonyDead

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

By that logic, you should remove PC gaming from the list too then. :P

Pc gaming is evolving and growing very quickly so :P

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Yeah. I have an adapter for my Xbox controller for a few certain select games (Dark Souls being a big one, shit is so infuriating with a keyboard and mouse). It's wireless and it cost me like 10 bucks.

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

Pc gaming is evolving and growing very quickly so :P

How per-say is PC gaming evolving and growing very quickly? Last I checked there isn't an idea on PC that hadn't been done before, or do you think rogue-likes are a new thing?

There isn't anything revolutionary being done to PC hardware at the moment, it's all just more cores, better cooling and faster bus speeds, we've not a paradigm shift like hyper-threading in a long long time and one  certainly isn't around the corner, so please tell me, how exactly is PC gaming growing and evolving... and if this is about the games being innovative, why not include the Wii U which is already doing with an integrated device what Microsoft wants you to buy a £300 tablet or phone to do?

And if there is some great gameplay/hardware innovation exclusive to PC I've missed, please enlighten me and cite sources so I can check it out myself.

And no VR Headsets like Occulus Rift don't count as they are just more complex/viable versions of existing devices and concepts.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

I think it's more a trend. I see a lot more people that I would've previously tagged as console-kiddies saying things like "LOL LOOKS LIKE IT'S TIME TO PC GAME" and stuff like that. I think it's becoming more "socially acceptable." Not that it wasn't already but it's more...a PC gamer was nerdier by nature than someone that owned an Xbox 360 if you get me. That's becoming less true.

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley

Same here, I can't PC game to save my life. :P I'll probably get a PS4, but am undecided, but its either that or nothing. Wait... Is there a new Mirrors Edge? :D

What's so hard about pc gaming to be honest?

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Yeah. I have an adapter for my Xbox controller for a few certain select games (Dark Souls being a big one, shit is so infuriating with a keyboard and mouse). It's wireless and it cost me like 10 bucks.

Yah I got one of those for emulators and whatnot, although it's pretty useful if you can map keyboard keys to the joypad's buttons. 

What's so hard about pc gaming to be honest?

Not everyone has average or above intelligence, and those people are unable to handle a keyboard and mouse. 

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Not to mention it's just generally seen as more expensive (which it is if you want a higher end rig, even if you build it yourself). People also have a fear of operating computers in general (beyond facebooking and things like that). A console kind of just runs things for you. On the PC you might have to INSTALL A GAME, which is obviously terrifying and impossible. 

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

Not to mention it's just generally seen as more expensive (which it is if you want a higher end rig, even if you build it yourself). People also have a fear of operating computers in general (beyond facebooking and things like that). A console kind of just runs things for you. On the PC you might have to INSTALL A GAME, which is obviously terrifying and impossible. 

Console: $500

Spare Controller: $60

2 games: $120

XBL Subs: £55

So that's what? $735 in total for what most people would consider an initial console investment?

You can build yourself a pretty damn capable PC for that, with i5, 8 gig DDR3, and a 6670HD plus your other components and a pad and have change enough for about $80 worth of steam credit to buy 4 or 5 games with.

Unless you have to have the best of the best, that's a PC that'll run anything reasonably well.

Hell add in the further $300 - $600 for a Windows phone or Tablet to use the smart glass features on the console, and you can build yourself a pretty damn hardcore gaming rig... for the price of an Xbox One.

Or buy a PS4, I guess that's a cool option too.

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley

Not everyone has average or above intelligence, and those people are unable to handle a keyboard and mouse. 

Unless you're playing a fighting game or whatnot, most games are pretty easy to use a KB+mouse. I mean nowadays most games are catered for consoles with that "2 weapon limit".

Not like they're playing quake or unreal with 9 or more weapons to choose from.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Console: $500

Spare Controller: $60

2 games: $120

XBL Subs: £55

So that's what? $735 in total for what most people would consider an initial console investment?

You can build yourself a pretty damn capable PC for that, with i5, 8 gig DDR3, and a 6670HD plus your other components and a pad and have change enough for about $80 worth of steam credit to buy 4 or 5 games with.

Unless you have to have the best of the best, that's a PC that'll run anything reasonably well.

Hell add in the further $300 - $600 for a Windows phone or Tablet to use the smart glass features on the console, and you can build yourself a pretty damn hardcore gaming rig... for the price of an Xbox One.

MUH I7, MUH SOLID STATE, MUH 660 TI'S

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users