Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Favorite Song Lyrics And Why

music lyrics

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

HisLittleSunshine<3

HisLittleSunshine<3

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

hey guys and gals. this is a place where we discuss and compare our favorite lyrics to songs. if you find someone who has chosen the same lyrics as you then hell go talk to them;D you might have much in common

for example:

My favorite lyrics to as song are-

:Whistle: "...i would have offered my life. taken you home, made you my wife. but hearing you now and filling your mouth with a cowards lies. your just a disguise. of the girl of my dreams, but i know shes waiting for me.." from the song Thoughtlife by Emery :) your guys' turn:D now........ready?.... SET.....GO!!!!

Sky_at_Dusk

Sky_at_Dusk

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

fucking LOVE Emery!!! great lyrics, and awesome music, a good vocal harmony between two singers can give me chills like little else can! and when one person sings and the other screams, thats amazing too, theyre so good at harmonies too, like one guy will sing one line, and the other will sing totally different words and yet the melodies compliment eachother perfectly, and its not the same melody just in a different octave or something, they do complex harmonies with different melodies, they are truly wonderfully talented musicians and the lyrics are always poetic and thought-provoking.

my favorite lyrics are from Horizons by Parkway Drive, really the whole song, but especially

The marks I left upon this world,

Will wash away,
in time.

In time,
And so it ends.
In time,
It all finds an end.

In time,
And so it ends.
In time,
We all find an end.

With broken arms,
And hollow eyes,
I'll wait to return to oblivion.

Embrace our last,
Empty horizon.

This song inspires me to make the most of every second of every day, because we all find an end someday, and everything we do will be forgotten eventually, so you MIGHT AS WELL have as much fun as you possibly can right now! It also kind of makes me want to strive for greatness, cuz no one wants to be forgotten, leave the world without making a contribution that will be remembered, but that part is alot harder lol.

I also think they are saying that we should enjoy the little things that we often take for granted like a pretty sunset, because you may not be able to experience it tomorrow, but when they say embrace our last EMPTY horizon, it kind of suggests a sense of hopelessness, like in life when it seems there often is not a concrete "right" answer, they convey both hopefulness and hopelessness at the same time, like they are saying these are good ideals to strive for, but does it really matter? They seem to be questioning themselves, which is something everyone can relate to, I could go on and on (like i havnt already :P) but ya this song is amazingly deep and brings a tear to my eyes everytime I hear it, the music is just so beautiful too...

BeTh-LoVeS-bVb

BeTh-LoVeS-bVb

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

with knifes and pens we made our plight its from knifes and pens by black veil brides these lyrics helped me alot

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

I'll play Bacchus for the evening,
pray, be seated, take your places
Should my manna seem displeasing,
offend your airs and graces,
I've a list long as your arm,
(The connoisseur's selection)
such bitter whines -a quaff of qualms,
awaiting your inspections

The bubbles burst - this aint sham-pain
I've watched hopes wither on the vine
The fruits of labours toiled in vain
I reap soul-grapes at harvest time.

Anno 1999 - a classic year for Vintage Whine.

Since it's drawn - I must sup the cellarage of sorrow
yet fate refills my tarnished cup each time i drain the dregs
Their poison cannot kill me - new strength from it i 'll borrow
my maudlin is a caudle that would fill a thousand kegs.

Here's one for the road - afore ye go
drink deep sweet lads and lasses
Those blighted crops you gladly sow
shall one day fill your glasses
Brood for decades - pure hate distilled
then bottled up much longer
Revenge - a draught i'll serve you chilled,
when time has made it stronger

Non-cordial - it's bile bouquet.
Laments ferment the patience schnapps
Cask full of mulled futile dismay
My well-aged-rage - you 've turned the taps

Since it's drawn - I must sup the cellarage of sorrow
yet fate refills my tarnished cup each time i drain the dregs
Their poison cannot kill me - new strength from it i 'll borrow
my maudlin is a caudle that would fill a thousand kegs.

As for why these are some of my favourite lyrics... well... you figure it out. :D

Skyelah_cato

Skyelah_cato

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
"I kissed the scars on her wrist, I still think you're beautiful, and i don't ever want to lose my best friend."Pierce the veil, a match into water

"They say love is forever your forever is all that I need please stay as long as you need can't promise that things won't be broken but I swear that I will never leave please stay forever with me. If you want to I can show you." Sleeping with sirens, if Im James dean then you're Audrey Hepburn.

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

As for why these are some of my favourite lyrics... well... you figure it out. :D

As much as I love some Skyclad songs, that was Cradle of Filth-levels eye-rollingly pretentious and bad.

There are many lyrics I love and that never fail to deeply touch me, even single lines, e.g., 'That's all. I don't even think of you that often,' ('Chelsea Hotel No. 2' by Leonard Cohen), which is heart-rending in the context of the song.

But if I have to pick just one, it'd be from my all-time favourite song, 'Thrasher' by Neil Young. It's a goldmine for great lyrics as it is, but especially the line, 'Just another line in the field of time.' It works perfectly without the context, but in the context it's especially beautiful.

emo romeo

emo romeo

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

for me its a tie between two the first is from the song life cycles by the Word Alive the first line in the song "id rather die for what i believe then live a life without meaning"   it rings very true to my own life and the second is from second and sebring from of Mice and Men when Austin says "so this time ill make you proud" this line hits home from an ex who committed suicide she was the only one who supported my choice to be a musician at the time and she past and it drove me to be who i am today 

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

As much as I love some Skyclad songs, that was Cradle of Filth-levels eye-rollingly pretentious and bad.

I don't know as a bar man, the feeling I get from this, is definitely one of putting up with other peoples problems, "Since it's drawn, I must sup the cellerage of sorrow." being in reference to pouring someone a drink before they pour their troubles out to you, "yet fate refills my tarnished cup each time I drain the dregs," which comes across as someone else taking their seat when they are done. "Your poison can not kill me, new strength from it I'll borrow," in other words, not letting their BS affect you and infact taking the positive that at least your own life isn't a spiral of misery unlike others, "My maudlin is a caudle that would fill a thousand kegs," ok I'll give you that one. :)

Of course my interpretation could be entirely wrong, but it's just what I take from the lyrics.

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

It's not the interpretations; it's the pretentious verbosity of the lyrics. 'I must sup the cellerage of sorrow'. Really?

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

It's not the interpretations; it's the pretentious verbosity of the lyrics. 'I must sup the cellerage of sorrow'. Really?

In which case sir. I bow to your opinion on the matter, I can't deny it's a little too wordy.

M4dR1L3y

M4dR1L3y

unknown Calamity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Oklahoma
  • Fav Band Right Place Right Time
  • Fav Song The Dairy by Hollywood Undead
"Call the doc, I must be sick. Voices in my head again. Now it's five o'clock, on the phone again. Think I might need another prescription"

Medicine by Hollywood Undead. Because my parents actually had me tested to see if I was crazy. Turns out I'm bipolar. So yeah, favorite lyrics because I relate to them to the t..

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

"Call the doc, I must be sick. Voices in my head again. Now it's five o'clock, on the phone again. Think I might need another prescription"

Medicine by Hollywood Undead. Because my parents actually had me tested to see if I was crazy. Turns out I'm bipolar. So yeah, favorite lyrics because I relate to them to the t..

IMAGINE THAT!

A teenager with a hormone imbalance resulting in polar opposite moods... and a female teenager at that?

Why... it's almost as if what you experienced was actually the physiological effects of puberty... but a psychiatrist who is paid by the hour and for every script they write wouldn't intentionally mislead people right? RIGHT?

M4dR1L3y

M4dR1L3y

unknown Calamity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Oklahoma
  • Fav Band Right Place Right Time
  • Fav Song The Dairy by Hollywood Undead
You know what's funny? That's what I said. But then my mom wouldn't get the extra money if I were just a hormonal female teenager. Now both the psychiatrist and my mother get a little something from me being "bipolar"

who new?

Varsity

Varsity

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

"Holding a gun to my head
So send me an angel
Or bury me deeply instead
With demons to lean on"

I don't even know why

Bloodzerĝ

Bloodzerĝ

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

All of the lyrics to Adam's Song - Blink 182

Yellowcard - Only one

Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you, you are my only one, I'll let go, but there's just no one, no one like you, you are my only, my only one.

Letting go of someone you love because you love them. One of the hardest things is loving someone who doesn't love you, the hardest is loving someone who used to. :sad: *looks at the ground and kicks a pebble*

Two Headed Bro

Two Headed Bro

basedyoloswag4lyf

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lil B 'The Based God'
  • Fav Song Lil B - I'm God

I seen her mom mad and I seen her dad mad
I was the perfect one for her
Perfect now we’re imperfect
Now I feel shirtless I feel cold without her
I feel like I have no clothes, no shirts
No warmth no way just to, check me out
I worked I won’t stop, ask them I won’t stop
My mind frame is racing
I’m gone down I’m spacing

Azune

Azune

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

"They all accept the lie." Tangled in The Great Escape by Pierce the Veil

These lyrics describe me so well, would rather not go into detail though.

undeadfreak

undeadfreak

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

"ill dream our memories away, just to make you feel something for me again" ~elegies by make them suffer
i love all the lyics in the song but those speak to me the most. this song is what i listen to everyday and what i listened to during a hard break up in my life. it spoke soo much feeling and express everything that was going on at the time. it just has soo much meaning to me :3

svetocha

svetocha

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison - My Chemical Romance

'they all cheat at cards, and the checkers are lost,

my cellmate's a killer, they make me do push ups (in drag),

but nobody cares if you're losing yourself,

am i loing myself?

well, i miss my mum

will they give me the chair,

or a lethal injection,

or swing from a rope if you dare,

ah, nobody knows all the trouble i seen'

not sure why but i LOVE those lyrics!!!

svetocha

svetocha

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

you know what they do to guys like us in prison - my chemical romance

They all cheat at cards and the checkers are lost,
My cellmate's a killer, they make me do push-ups (in drag)
But nobody cares if you're losing yourself...am I losing myself?!
Well, I miss my mom,
Will they give me the chair,
Or lethal injection, or swing from a rope if you dare;
Ah, nobody knows...all the trouble I've seen!

thankyou for the venom - my chemical romance

So give me all your poison
And give me all your pills
And give me all your hopeless hearts
And make me ill
You're running after something
That you'll never kill
If this is what you want
Then fire at will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users