Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Xbox One(Eighty)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

So MS has turned around all it's DRM plans.

Any thoughts?

nah

nah

nah

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band you
  • Fav Song you

I didn't mind the restrictions at all. They wouldn't affect me in any way, in fact any effects would have only been positive for me. My boyfriend and I own an xbox each and we're planing to get an Xbox one each at some point, we live together and the 'new rules' would have meant he could buy a game and we both could share it instead of buying two copies, saving us £40 per game we'd have bought together.

Kinda annoying how a lot of the fuss came from misunderstanding the new rules, although I can see the POV of people with actual criticisms, most of the complaints were just bullshit whining.

So now it's kinda just an upgraded xbox 360. :/ I feel less like buying one now than I did before.

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Worlds End Girlfriend

This sums up my thoughts pretty well.

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

This sums up my thoughts pretty well.

I laughed :lol: The only thing I hated about the Xbox One was the 24 hour connection, I mean I never hooked my console up to the internet and I don't care to. 

I was going to get a PS4 regardless, so the changes don't affect my choice. 

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

I didn't mind the restrictions at all. They wouldn't affect me in any way, in fact any effects would have only been positive for me. My boyfriend and I own an xbox each and we're planing to get an Xbox one each at some point, we live together and the 'new rules' would have meant he could buy a game and we both could share it instead of buying two copies, saving us £40 per game we'd have bought together.

Kinda annoying how a lot of the fuss came from misunderstanding the new rules, although I can see the POV of people with actual criticisms, most of the complaints were just bullshit whining.

So now it's kinda just an upgraded xbox 360. :/ I feel less like buying one now than I did before.

And you can't share discs because? :S

And in what way were the rules misunderstood, please enlighten me and in doing so keep in mind #GloriousPCMasterRace.

This sums up my thoughts pretty well

Bare in mind, for all the bitching about Steam, Steam let me play offline, offered ma-hoo-sive sales discounts... and oh yeah, lets you indefinitely gift games back and forth instead of just once so you can share them with friends and get them back.... oh... and has proven support... and doesn't require $55 a year + Advertising revenue to run.

As for cloud computing, look how well that worked for EA with Simcity or even how it worked out for OnLive, As for the Kinnect complaint, it wasn't about privacy, it was about it was about adding an unnessacery £100 to the price tag, for features that would mostly be unavaible outside of the US. :) You want to offer that kind of service, you need to show you won't be a complete and utter shit stain about it, something MS has yet to prove. (aware this is a parody article commenting on Mattricks BS attitudes to legitimate concerns, but still responding regardless.)

nah

nah

nah

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band you
  • Fav Song you

We could literally play TOGETHER with the DRM restrictions, say I buy Halo, brad could borrow my copy and we could play at the same time. Now if i share a disc, only one of us can play at one time. This is significant for online multiplayer play as we play often with a couple of other friends who also live together, so we'd have bought 2 copies of a game to play online instead of 4.

Most of the fuss that I came across centred around the 'wah i can't trade in mah gamez anymoreeee', when you could still trade in games if you bought the disc copy, same as on the 360, it would mean that if you bought a used game there would likely be a charge to 'activate' it. This isn't a new system, I bought Battlefield 3 used to play with friends and we had to pay to use the used copy and I didn't really mind as i'd still saved money compared to buying new. Fact is, PS4 also has a similar system but kept is hush-hush but it's not limited to the console, it's up to the publishers if they want to implement it.  You can play offline with the xbox, you would just have to check in once every 24 hours if you wanted to carry on playing, I guess for piracy issues. Again, not an issue for most people nowadays who are legit players, it's just something to complain about.

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

We could literally play TOGETHER with the DRM restrictions, say I buy Halo, brad could borrow my copy and we could play at the same time. Now if i share a disc, only one of us can play at one time. This is significant for online multiplayer play as we play often with a couple of other friends who also live together, so we'd have bought 2 copies of a game to play online instead of 4.

Most of the fuss that I came across centred around the 'wah i can't trade in mah gamez anymoreeee', when you could still trade in games if you bought the disc copy, same as on the 360, it would mean that if you bought a used game there would likely be a charge to 'activate' it. This isn't a new system, I bought Battlefield 3 used to play with friends and we had to pay to use the used copy and I didn't really mind as i'd still saved money compared to buying new. Fact is, PS4 also has a similar system but kept is hush-hush but it's not limited to the console, it's up to the publishers if they want to implement it.  You can play offline with the xbox, you would just have to check in once every 24 hours if you wanted to carry on playing, I guess for piracy issues. Again, not an issue for most people nowadays who are legit players, it's just something to complain about.

And you really believe especially with component installs, they'd have allowed this with the multi-player portions of said games? Seriously? You think MS would be so magnanimous as to allow that? Because I certainly don't.

As for not being able to trade in your games, EVEN STEAM IN EUROPE HAS BEEN LEGALLY MANDATED TO ALLOW THIS! Also speaking of online passes, you mean that system EA has revoked entirely as it wasn't worth the cost of it's implementation.

And whilst true about the PS4, Sony has given the publishers the tools, but it's first party releases won't have it.

All the fuss I encountered relied on the Kinect being mandatory.

Here's my sources, as it'd be unfair of me to ask for yours without citing mine.

And as for online checking, as I said to a friend, what would have happened had you moved house and it took a couple of weeks for your net connection to be installed?

Steam trade in:

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=2783990

Online Pass revocation:

http://www.computera...olicy-reversal/

Sony first party:

http://spong.com/art...y-DRM-Statement

HELL! When PETER "HYPERBOLE" MOLYNEUX is coming out against your policies and handling of them there is a serious problem:

http://www.escapistm...-Unprofessional

And all that said, why does not checking in and restricting the resale of games prevent MS from implementing said features when Steam already has them in Beta?

sad clown jay

sad clown jay

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I work in a video game store and jeez... The amount of people that came in and put pre-orders on Xbox One compared to PS4 was ridiculous. Then E3 happened and they all swapped their deposit pre-orders to PS4. Then Microsoft went back on their DRM garbage and over half have changed their minds again and changed their pre-order deposit BACK to Xbox One. It's crazy. 

xo

The Operator

The Operator

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
*cough* its just a fancy TiVo *cough*

--Le Edit--

In all seriousness though, if theyre serious about all the whaleshit they said they WON'T implement now, i might actually consider getting one. The only game I'll get right away though, is Forza 5. If it does ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY need the Kinect for the console to work, i am hunting Mattrick's bitchass down, and delivering him a swift punch to the 'nads.

PS, that unedited note from Mattrick made me lol.

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley

People buying a console at launch.

I hope you don't do this. I wait after some time passes before buying a console as launch titles tend to be mediocre and yeah, RROD shit and all with the first batches.

Being part of glorious PC mustard race, I avoid all that hassle.

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

People buying a console at launch.

I hope you don't do this. I wait after some time passes before buying a console as launch titles tend to be mediocre and yeah, RROD shit and all with the first batches.

Being part of glorious PC mustard race, I avoid all that hassle.

The Delicious PC Mustard Race.

But yeah, you know it's bad when a new generation is announced and all the people paid to be happy for it are essentially;

"NOPE! Fuck this shit, same old bullshit as before, lets all go back to our PC's at least we have choice there."

PrisonOnYourBirthday!

PrisonOnYourBirthday!

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Metalica

Obviously they were going to turn them around microsoft would have shat themselves after hearing the audience reply.

meetodafreako

meetodafreako

Frequent lurker, rare poster.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -

PC is king and will always be.

I'm just gonna get a used PS3 when the PS4 comes out and play the fuck out of tekken and that's really all I will need.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

My lil' brother is denouncing all things related to x-box, heck, when I found out that you had to buy points in order to use some services it annoyed me. I mean, you've paid how much and you can't use certain things? I don't get it. I actually prefer the x-box before it, so much simpler and easier to understand. 

Any way, he's wanting a ps4 and wants me to chip in. I actually don't mind, I wanted one the moment I saw that the spartan ninja game (don't ask me it's real name, this is what I call it. I'll have to ask my brother what it's called.) I want is only available on playstation. I just don't know how I'd manage, figuring out how to work this new piece of tech :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users