Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Would You Please, Please Check Out My Band? We Are A Young Uk Emo/alt Band. :)

music band new emo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

sad clown jay

sad clown jay

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

It's really hard to get started as a young Emo band in the UK. The scene for Emo bands in the UK seems to be dying, so we need all the help we can get. Please check us out. It would be a massive help if you'd add a thumbs up or a comment, if you like us. www.youtube.com/jesterofficialuk 

If you like what you hear it would be awesome if you could 'like' our Facebook page, as well. ( www.facebook.com/jesteruk ) Thanks so much, guys!

Jay 

xo

Attached Files

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Gave you guys a listen.

Don't like "Smiley Bitter Teen" so much, it's kind of sloppy in my opinion and the vocals could be better.

"Pierrot" could probably be mixed better, too mushy for my taste.

"Prozac Party", better pronunciation.

Honestly, nothing really stood out to me and I'm not a huge fan of the vocals, a little pitchy and sloppy in my opinion. I think the face makeup is kind of dumb, especially with the rest of the band not wearing any. Not saying you guys are bad, just could use some refining, especially the vocals.

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts

I agree with Alex. Just another similar sounding emo cookie cutter band. The vocals are too whiny, and sloppy. You're not doing anything I haven't heard already. The face makeup is stupid. Mix up the sound a bit, and refine the vocals, because right now you're another average emo band.

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley

Instruments were competent enough but vocals were just so average and bland. I want to ask though, why do you make music?

For the money? For the pussy? I mean if you're just wanting to make money off impressionable teenagers, the formula is there and all you need is a bit of polishing and instant popularity.

If you want to make music that is amazing though, you've got a long way to go.

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

Pierrot had so much potential, then the guitar and vocals hit. :( That was a great backing track to something humoursly sinister, which is what I thought I was getting with the bear in the video. Son... I am disappoint.

THAT SAID, I'm no where near the person to judge your band in any competent way as I don't really make music myself, however the vibe I got from this was drummer and bassist SOOOOOOOOOOOO want to be in a funk/groove metal band, whilst your vocals feel stolen straight from Placebo and a guitar tuned so high I thought at any moment someone was gonna yell "PANAMA!".

Is it bad, not at all, it's just as others have said no great, I could get the same stuff more refined anywhere else, you have to ask yourselves, what is it you want to get out of your music.

HannahLacrymose

HannahLacrymose

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I like you guys, you have much potential.. Don't whine too much with the vocals.. :) just a bit of criticism out of love..  <3  I love the instruments..

the last unicorn

the last unicorn

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I really like the lyrics, the music but I agree with everyone else about the vocals :) otherwise I reallyyyyyyy like it

I still don't care...

I still don't care...

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'll check it out. I love any kind of Brit music... except One Direction. I want to kill them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: music, band, new, emo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users