Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Favourite Horror Film?

moview horror film

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

CrypticXFeathers

CrypticXFeathers

Tortured Rose

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Go Away

oi, I love horror films, and although I have not seen every existing one, I have seen some and just have a weird liking to them. can anyone relate?

what are your fav horror film(s)?

btw, have any of you seen Dead Silence or The Haunting In Connecticut? just a couple of my faves... :)

Raven Nevermore

Raven Nevermore

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band InFlames

I remember seeing IT (The evil clown) when i was 15 years old, that scared me that´s prob my fav horror movie, now not so many horrors scare me it´s a bit sad :(

Have not seen those you mention, but i will have a look :)

CrypticXFeathers

CrypticXFeathers

Tortured Rose

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Go Away

any thoughts on what you think is the scariest horror movie (if you're a fan of this stuff)?

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

I love watching a horror movie from time to time. They're sheer entertainment, and a good horror movie that creates a gripping atmosphere is a thing of beauty. Unfortunately most movies of the kind, especially in recent years, rely entirely on graphic gore and jump moments. I don't know what my favourite is, but I absolutely love The Shining.

tumblr_mltxcpW1bU1rya4xvo1_500.gif

The Thing (the original one) is good too. That blood scene. My God. And Alien.

Aidenyy

Aidenyy

~

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Monday Street

I love horror movies, one of my favourite film genres.

I watch a lot yes.

It's hard to pic which one's the scariest, because it

depends on the person watching it.

To me, I think 'The Exorcist (1973)' would be No#1, probably because I watched

it for the first time when I was 9.

It's a true story.

Psycho, The shining, Suspiria, Cannibal Holocaust & night of the living dead are also good.

Raven Nevermore

Raven Nevermore

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band InFlames

any thoughts on what you think is the scariest horror movie (if you're a fan of this stuff)?

Well im not a fan of horror movies but i like to watch them if they are scary enough.

I love watching a horror movie from time to time. They're sheer entertainment, and a good horror movie that creates a gripping atmosphere is a thing of beauty. Unfortunately most movies of the kind, especially in recent years, rely entirely on graphic gore and jump moments. I don't know what my favourite is, but I absolutely love The Shining.

I completly agree on that part, too bad most horror movies nowadays are mostly jump scares.

I havent seen The Shining or at least i cant remember i did, will look into it :)

Azune

Azune

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Dead Silence, Nightmare on Elm Street and Devil are a few of my favourites.

CrypticXFeathers

CrypticXFeathers

Tortured Rose

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Go Away

oh yes The Shining is absolutely thrilling~ forgot about that one! a great and strange film...

I saw the original The Thing once and yes there were quite some gory scenes I thought were pretty grotesque -- pretty much one of the main scenes I recall from that film~ O_o

XxXismXxX

XxXismXxX

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

i totally agree with Aidenyy.

.i would also say that it depends on the year the movie is released. Like first exorcism at that time was super duper scary but now its not so scary.

Like i was watching the dark angel series,have jesica alba in it,when i was a kid.i found that super nice.and recently i watched it again.i saw a lot,like reallly a LOT of flaws but considering for that time,it should be fine.

btw ma fav horror movie would be saw :P

Okano

Okano

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Norah Jones
'The Blob' (1958) with Steve McQueen.

The Darkest Night

The Darkest Night

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

The Wolfman, not that scary compared to others but I love a good werewolf movie

Silverion

Silverion

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band Metallica

I love The Shining a lot. I also am a fan of the original Evil Dead, I hated the remake that just came out. I have seen quite a few horror movies lately, and they all seem to disappoint me. They all rely on gore, and pop-outs. There is no real scare factor in them anymore. It's quite a sad thing!

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

I have never, ever seen what's so great about the original Evil Dead, and certainly not about its prequels. And God knows why Ash Williams is such a cult icon. All that cheesiness and bad humour. Perhaps it's because I'm not a fan of comedy movies (and certainly not of comedy in horror movies). I want my horror movies to be an intense affair from start to finish with no unnecessary bullshit: no humour and no romance (unless it's imperative to the plot). The first Evil Dead was mainly just boring with bad acting, and the sequels were just cringe-worthy cheesiness. I watched the 2013 remake the other day. My God, what an utter piece of shit that was. It didn't have a single redeeming quality to me. So atrocious.

I also finally watched VHS a while ago. I had read and heard great things about it, but it was also boring and uninspired from start to finish. Perhaps I should just stop reading horror reviews before watching them. Every hyped horror movie I've seen has been a disappointment: Martyrs, Haute Tension, Citadel, The Innkeepers, VHS, Sinister, Insidious...

Although I have to add that I loved the first hour of Insidious. And I still like the overall concept and story, but when things became... visible, the movie plummeted. I'd definitely watch a sequel, though, in the hope of improvement. (Sinister was okay, but only because Ethan Hawke is such a good actor.)

Another movie that I truly liked but isn't really a horror movie is The Exorcism of Emily Rose. It's a court drama with horror elements, but the acting is superb, the story is solid and the atmosphere is well-crafted and maintained throughout.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

A TREE RAPES A GIRL HOW IS THIS NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU? I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

I've grown out of my dentrophilia phase ages ago. Besides, we're living in a post-Silent Hill era; rape by anything less than barbed wire is weak.

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

Just to be clear, when you say the original The Thing, do you mean John Carpenters The Thing or the 1951 film that was based on The Thing From Another World?

Oh and speaking of the Shining, there is a level in the game Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines that is a massive love letter to that film, and whilst not as bone chilling, is an effectively terrifying mission, in fact in terms of pacing and it's understanding of horror, that entire section puts most dedicated horror games to shame.

Although not strictly horror, I do love a good slasher flick, by which I don't mean anything involving paranormal immortal killers, I mean the kind where the killer actually stalks and lays in wait, the kind of films that build up tension to a knife point before delivering the scene, which is usually just a grab and your imagination left to do the worst part.

Conversely the Exorcist 3 is a masterpiece, I highly recommend it.

Also speaking of knife point tension, Hellraiser, just the first one.

And finally I have to, Human Centipede 2; is a genuinely disturbing, well shot, unnerving almost Lynch-esque dive into the obsessive mind of a mentally disturbed psychopath... just don't watch the second half, because the second half just kills it with lunacy.

Also again, whilst more of a thriller than an actual horror movie, the original Saw movie is absolutely fantastic, highly recommended, doesn't make a big feature of the ironic traps, instead it's an amazing film driven entirely by the two protagonists trying to figure out why they were picked for the game and who it could be that put them there.

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

I mean John Carpenter's The Thing. I didn't know it based on an older movie.

I remember another horror/slasher movie with a unique twist. It was called Triangle. It's best not to watch the trailer in case you get any spoilers because it's a fragile storyline. I'm not sure whether I like it or not, but it's certainly worth checking out simply because of the warped angle. I'll need to watch it again at some point to try and make up my mind whether it's 'pretty good' or 'pretentious'.

I liked the first two Saw movies. But the third one took an immediate and quick plummet into a barrel of shit. And afterwards it just got shittier and shittier.

I second Hellraiser, although I'm not a huge fan of it. It's still a pretty cool concept. Too bad they never made any sequels.

thelastchapter

thelastchapter

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I love Texas Chainsaw Massacare

O Brave New World

O Brave New World

Republican and Proud.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

The Blair Witch Project.  I lived in the woods when I first saw it and it terrified me.  

CakeHappens

CakeHappens

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band A day to remember

Nukie... it's acting, storyline and costume design are the epitome of horror, although it is a childrens movie.

Yeh i tend to watch more low budget funny horror than real scary stuff. I have a few awful movies... The Scarecrow... 'Carnage Road: The legend of Quiltface' is particularly awful... I think there's one called Pinata Island with Jaime Presley, might be Survival Island or something, I forget... The Gingerdead Man... Poultrygeist... and on and on...

The only horror that sticks in my head is The Ring (hollywood version) just because i watched that with my mate when i was 13 in his basement bedroom with doors banging in the wind, in the middle of a thunderstorm, also my first experience of surround sound haha. I was freaked for a while there xD

I dont get scared by stuff now but i am a jumper, if something suddenly happens i will flinch!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moview, horror, film

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users