Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Indie/acoustic Thread

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Okano

Okano

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Norah Jones

Post your favorite indie and acoustic songs here.

Okano

Okano

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Norah Jones

Post your favorite indie and acoustic songs here.

Okano, you are such a faggot. To think a thread about raw music would be of any interest to anyone is just folly. What are you... a dumb little bitch? But since I'm here I may as well post in this shit thread.

Nathanael Sherman and his song, "Hearts of Stone."
http://nathanaelsherman.bandcamp.com/

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

What you really mean is "white guy with accoustic guitar" music, which is possible the lamest, most boring, laziest and pitiful genre of music out there.

ANYONE vaguely strumming an accoustic guitar with slightly rough but earnest sounding vocals can sound deep singing anything in that style.

The female equivalent is just as bad; "girl sat at piano".

Okano

Okano

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Norah Jones

What you really mean is "white guy with accoustic guitar" music, which is possible the lamest, most boring, laziest and pitiful genre of music out there.

ANYONE vaguely strumming an accoustic guitar with slightly rough but earnest sounding vocals can sound deep singing anything in that style.

That is pretty bad. The guy had no vocal knowlege. You can't really dislike the genre completely though? I like it because it doesn't stir my emotion so much as to irritate me, but just enough to give some chills and make me think.

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Worlds End Girlfriend

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

I kinda agree, but acoustics are lovely. It's nice hearing something slowed down and just more emotional, rather than having a strong beat and dance tune. 

There are a lot of mainstream songs, or pop/dance beats that I don't like, but when there is an acoustic cover I prefer it a heck of a lot. It's a mixture of the original artist being shit, whilst the lyrics are decent and just a crappy decision on rhythm. 

For example, Jayme Dee. (I'm kinda obsessed with her voice and just her in general. /fangirl )

This song by Selena Gomez, I'm not too keen on, but the acoustic makes me happy. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1QGIcz72z9U

And there's this too, by Rihanna, this is infinitely better than the original. 

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m7zuS_O4hKU

It's not to everyone's tastes, but there are beautiful pieces out there. There's also Tori's cover of Suit & Tie, Thinkin' about you etc. which are fab. 

edit: ..are we talking a different kinda acoustic? D:

Okano

Okano

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Norah Jones

Dude, Bimp, that was fuckin' legit. He was amazing.

Thanks for posting the song by Jayme Dee! I love it. She is sooo pretty and she has a really mature voice.

Acoustic is typically when there are minimal frequency adjustments on a sound board, minimal sound isolation, and little to no electronic influence, with the exception of amplification, and no auto-tune. Indie has electronic influence and auto-tune sometimes.

Here is one that gives me chills whenever I hear it, and sometimes a tear. Justin Vernon is amazing.

Sandersk

Sandersk

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

You - keaton henson

setthescenery

setthescenery

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New Jersey
  • Fav Band Halfway Deserted
  • Fav Song Mythical Princess

Overall, my favorite acoustic artist is Jesse Keraly's project called Halfway Deserted. He's been a favorite because he's written and recorded his own music in his basement since he was like 12. I have too many favorite songs by him, but I guess the most popular is You Are My Heart. I love his new album. Take a listen! He's kinda cute too.

www.facebook.com/halfwaydeserted

https://itunes.apple...den/id878438970

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users