Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Quake 3 Arena

Games

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Hazardous Waste

Hazardous Waste

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Ever play Quake III Arena? Post if you have. If you haven't, it's a FPS game. It's older, with somewhat retro graphics (although very good for the time I guess) but it's at least IMO the best FPS game ever made. I've played the new FPS games and I prefer Quake. Lots of hot, fast action. Very challenging for a new player. Probably won't find it in most stores, since it's a really old game, but it's on Amazon and eBay. I've played it for about 6 years.

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

*ahem* Someone hasn't been looking hard enough, because you can get it and play for free at:

http://www.quakelive.com/#!home

Should have your fix. If modern shooters with their level progressions and hats upon hats bother you, this is the game for you, Also, learn to rocket jump early.

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley

Nobody plays quake 3 arena unless it's CPMA or defrag :lol:

Quake live makes everything much more streamlined than the quake 3 arena though it lacks modding and lan support.

I remember my noob days and how helpless I was. Quake is one of those games whose skill levels have been set so high new players struggle to really break in but quake live has tiers so you get to avoid the top players.

I guess I'm pretty good at it though obviously not anywhere near the elite but I can hold my own. Been to 2 quake lans in sydney which were pretty fun events.

Hazardous Waste

Hazardous Waste

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

These days I play it at Nightmare skill level at all times against the bots and I use the railgun 95% of the time and lightning gun otherwise. Aiming with the railgun is totally instinctive at this point. I barely need to even look. If I have the railgun, you're in serious trouble.

CountryGirlEmoChick

CountryGirlEmoChick

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Kentucky
  • Fav Band Black Viel Brides
  • Fav Song I Can't Do This -- plumb
Yeah. Ive played it. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Games