Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Perfect World

Just be perfect...

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
Miyuki felt bad for what the guy said. She couldn't tell him about her involvement with the game-makers. He'd never want to speak to her again. She frowned "To me it matters not what they think. And I think, if it's any consolation, you're perfect as you are... Please walk with me.."Miyuki said, almost pleading with her last words, every year she walked alone most had family or parents but hers were away setting up the arena and never took part in the parade.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts

Jack sighed in apparent impatience, and put one hand to his forehead. The way the girl asked suggested she didn't want to be alone. But was she so desperate she would take just anyone for company? 

"Fine, fine," he muttered. "But no more of that 'perfect the way you are' stuff, ok? Someone might hear." He gestured for her to go first, and glanced around to make sure no officials were watching them go together. 

"Why are you alone, anyway?" he asked, his face still slightly red from her comment. 

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

EC's Resident Hairstylist

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Florida
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
  • Fav Song Little Red Riding Hood
Kit shivered and smiled a little. Once she had finished covering Kyle and Katana' bruises they all left and made their way to where the parade would be held when they got their they stood and waited to be told where they needed to go.

When Lucia and Gem weren't look Jess scanned the crowd for Tim she hoped he would walk with them, she liked being around him. She had told him where to meet her the night before. Maybe he wouldn't show.

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
Kyle walked with Kit and Katana to the parade from a distance they looked just as normal as everyone else, but all Kyle could think about was what if they recognized him today could he really be able to leave Kit behind.

Miyuki looked a little embarrassed "sorry, I just thought that you should know" she whispered as she walked on hoping he would come with her. Then when he asked why she was alone she panicked did she tell him the truth or make up some badass story... Then decided if this was the last conversation she had with him she wanted it to be a honest one. "My parents help with organising the awful parade and arena tournaments, so a day or so before each parade weekend they leave and don't return until the whole thing is over... So I spend a lot of time on my own, you?" She said trying not to sound like a stuck up princessy type.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts

"Oh no," Gem muttered under his breath, looking to a spot just left of Jess. "That creep again. And he's seen us." He sighed as Tim approached them, looking cheerful and surprisingly well dressed. 

"Hey," Tim said, walking straight up to Jess and handing her a small wooden box. "I doubt you'll need it...You look even more like a flower today. But there's a four leaf clover in there." 

"Give me a break," Gem grumbled, moving closer to Lucia and making faces at Tim behind his back. 

Jack stopped, a dark shadow seeming to cross his face. But then, to his own surprise, he began to laugh, causing a couple of people nearby to look over disapprovingly. 

"You didn't even need to be told you were safe, did you?" he said quietly. "Maybe you could use that 'everyone is perfect in their own way' line on your parents. See how much good that does..." He drifted off bitterly. "I'm sorry. I'm sure it's crossed your mind already that the reason I'm alone today is because of the people on your parent's level. If you point them out to me, I'll be sure to be polite to them when I'm in the arena." 

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Jess smiled as she pulled the clover out of the box and gently turned it over in her hand. She smiled brightly up at Tim and then before she thought about she leaned in an kisses his cheek. As she pulled away from him her face grew red and she looked down. "Thank you.." She said softly.
Suddenly their was a loud blast from a horn causing Jess to jump a little. It was the sign that the parade was to start. She could see people moving and it made her even more nervous. Incontiously she grabbed Tim's hand as they all started walking together.

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
Miyuki stopped when she realised the look Jack had on his face. Then when Jack spoke she looked down at her feet ashamed. "Its not easy you know... Being hated for something you can't control." Miyuki began " Never having any real friends just because of the family you were born into, I don't agree with any of this nonsense, and I have to be just as perfect as everyone else. I don't think my parents would think twice about shoving me in there. And I do think that, but no one else seems to agree." Miyuki added trying to stop the lump in her throat from her choking up. "I'm sorry" was all she could muster, wanting to take everything back and not tell Jack why she was alone. She heard the horn which meant it wouldn't be long before the parade began.

Kyle had walked in silence not feeling like talking, and then he heard the horn and his heart sank, he just prayed Kit got through this okay, even if he was thrown in the arena.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts

Tim became rooted to the spot when Jess kissed him, his face blushing bright red. He couldn't see anything except Jess's face, blurring in front of him, and the only thing he felt was her hand on his. "She kissed me," he muttered to himself, but loud enough to be heard. "She kissed me and she smells like daisies...oh...we're walking now? Ok..." 

Gem rolled his eyes, deciding he would wait until after the parade to kick Tim for what he had just witnessed. How dare he let her kiss him like that! What if Jess caught some kind of plant virus from coming into contact with his skin? And now they were holding hands. 

He tried to look forward, realizing his facial expression might get them into trouble, but the officials he could see, using their hawk eyes to pick out innocent people from the crowd, made him nervous. "I want to go home," he whispered to Lucia, staying close to her, and trying to avoid being knocked off balance by the crowd. The walking stick could only help him if he was holding onto it, and he feared it would be knocked from his hand at any minute. "Lucia," he whispered, his voice breaking with terror. "Why are they looking this way? Why are they looking at Jess?" 

Jack sighed guiltily when Miyuki looked as though she was about to cry. He put his thumb and forefinger to his forehead, ignoring the horn as it went off. "Damn it," he muttered. "I said I was sorry for speaking so harshly. Don't cry because you look like you're wearing make up and it will run and then I'll be the biggest jerk on the planet...Stop looking so upset!" He almost shouted at her. Then he sighed again, trying not to lose his temper. 

"I know," he insisted, trying to make his voice as gentle as possible. "I do know. We're alike, it seems...That's crazy, I know. But we are. The only difference is I don't have a family, so there's no one to betray me." He reluctantly put one hand on her shoulder. "Stop being sorry, and just walk, or they'll catch us both." As gently as possible, he turned her in the direction the procession was going, and began to walk. 

"Goddamnit," he whispered to himself. How the hell was he supposed to deal with people who cried? 'She better not start again', he thought to himself, watching her cautiously. 

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Jess felt her heard sink when she saw the officials looking at her and talking. Suddenly their was a big gust of wind and it blew her shawl off her, exposing one of the four tattoos she had she tried to grab it but is was caught in mid air by a big man in all black he stared at the tattoo and then grabbed her wrist and pulled her up into a big stage at the side of the rode that people were walking around. Jess tried to fight back but it was no use he was much to big. Her eyes darted from the scared looked on her brother and sisters faces to the stage. When she had been brought to the head official he gave her one glance and then shouted, "YOU DAMN WITCH!" With that someone ripped her skirt exposing another tattoo on her leg, and then her back of her shirt was ripped showing a huge tattoo on her back. "Filthy... What a disgrace..." She heard someone say and looked up to see her stepmother glaring down at her.

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
Miyuki smiled at Jack, hoping he wasn't going to be too angry with her. Then when she heard about him not having a family she felt bad for him.

Wednesday had been walking with her family for ages she'd seen a girl be taken and called a witch she wanted to help but her family needed her money, and she couldn't risk standing up for them.

Kyle became more nervous as time went on, and after one of the upper class girls had been dragged off he knew none of them were safe now.

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Kit held onto Kyle's hand tightly as she watched a girl get dragged away from the people she had been walking with. She saw some of the official glancing over at her Kyle and Katana, and she quickly focused all her attention on what was in front of her refusing to look at the officials. She was shaking as she held onto Kyle's hand.

Lucia held onto Gem as they pulled Jess up into the selection stage, she felt tears welling up in her eyes but held them back shaking badly in rage.

Jess looked out into the croud looking for help from anyone then her eyes fell on Tim and the tears instantly slipped down her cheeks.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts

Tim didn't hesitate. The moment Jess was pulled onto the stage, he began trying to push through the crowd. He could hear shouts of 'witch', and disapproving muttering, and he knew it was all ridiculous. 

From the midst of the crowd, he looked up and caught Jess's eye, smiling grimly up at her. 

"She is not a witch!" he shouted, parting the crowd with the volume of his voice. No one wanted to be near someone who was yelling, in case they were suspected of being with him. He climbed up onto the stage and tried to block Jess from the view of the crowd; the officials had torn her beautiful clothes. "She's not a witch," he repeated. "She's a flower Goddess! And those tattoos are perfect." 

One of the officials stepped forward to drag Tim over to the other side of the stage, away from Jess. It was clear they feared some kind of riot. The witch's siblings were looking at them with rage. 

"Jess!" Gem could help crying out, glaring the official directly in the eye. "Lucia, what are you doing! Why are you still walking?" He tore his eyes away from the stage to give her an incredulous look. "If we don't stop, she'll-" 

Distracted and terrified, he didn't notice the drain ahead, and the walking stick became lodged in the metal grate. He gasped and attempted to pull it out, but it wouldn't budge. 

"Hey! Keep moving!" a loud, rude voice behind them snarled, and that person was shortly dragged onto the stage, kicking and swearing, by two brutish officials. 

"Keep going," a third official instructed, looking ready to grab both Gem and Lucia. 

Jack kept walking behind Miyuki, keeping a slight distance between them. He was still determined not to let the official's know they were together. 

A little up ahead, he could see Kit, Katana and Kyle, and for a moment, he saw red. But the anger faded as he noticed officials watching them. With any luck, they'd be on stage with that unfortunate 'witch' before any of them knew what had hit them. 

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
Miyuki was walking and ignoring everything that was going on she didn't want to risk going up in front of the officials.

Wednesday tripped over someone she recognized it was the boy from the cafe as soon as she stumbled she felt someone's cold but strong hands grab her arms she gasped. "No! Please, don't!" She cried out as they dragged her up in front of the officials trying to not cry as her family just walked on by. Even though she knew her family would come to no good standing up for her, she still felt betrayed.

Kyle had heard the commotion, but he was trying to ignoring it, feeling Kit shaking with each step. He rubbed his thumb against her hand to try and soothe her. But just as he was about to get past where all the commotion had happened an official came through and stopped him. "Make up on a man, clearly has something to hide!" The official called out and threw a bucket of water at him and all the make up drained away leaving streaks and cuts and bruises. Then the official nodded to those on the stage and they tore him away from Kit and dragged him up to the stage as he was kicking and screaming for them to let him go.

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
As soon as Kyle was ripped away from her Kit tried to grab at him, but quickly was grabbed by Katanawhobpulled her back then looked back at Jack and smiled softly. He softly kissed her four head and then pushed her back toward Jack who grabbed her holding her back as Katana pushed his way to the stage where he whipped his face exposing his black eye and instantly was pulled up onto the stage.
Jess looked up at Tim and quickly slipping out of the hands of the officials ran over and hugged him hiding against him small tears running down her face.
Lucia just kept looking forward, they ha been chosen she couldn't do anything for them now.
Harkot had gotten their late and was one of the first people to be pulled up onto the stage. He watched sadly as more and more people were pulled onto the stage, there was a girl who was almost naked an being called a witch. He quickly took off his coat and placed it around her and smiled softly at the young man she was leaning against.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts

The satisfaction at seeing Kyle pulled up on stage lasted about five seconds. Jack realized with a pang of guilt that Kyle was probably going to die, and that it was his fault. So he did the only thing he could do, which was to make sure Kit and Katana didn't die as well. 

He hurried past Miyuki, muttering a small apology to her as he went, and reached out to stop Kit following Kyle. He froze when he caught Katana's eye, and uncharacteristic smile. 

"Don't be an idiot-" he started, but it was too late. Katana was already gone. 

Jack just held onto Kit's shoulders, to stop her running onto the stage. "You wouldn't stand a chance," he hissed in her ear. "You see that guy up there." He inclined his head towards the stage, where Harkot was standing. "He's already survived the tournament twice. Even if you survived to fight him, he would annihilate you. Is that what you want? To die pointlessly because you can't stand to be separated from your brother and boyfriend? They're up there because they want you to live. So if you care about them at all, that's what you'll do." He gave her a rough shove in the direction of the procession. "I'll...I'll protect them for you," he added in a whisper he half hoped she couldn't hear. Then he stepped in front of an official, his eyes blazing with anger and fear, and punched him in the face. Three others dragged him onto the stage, where he stood beside Katana. 

"You're an idiot," he muttered to him. 

Tim wrapped his arms around Jess protectively, wishing the embrace could protect her against everything she would soon be forced to face. He couldn't even bring himself to try to reassure her that everything would be ok, because he knew it wouldn't be. 

Even her siblings had averted their eyes from her. 

He looked up at Harkot when his coat drifted down over Jess's shoulders, and smiled weakly at him. 

"Lucia!" Gem shouted, panicking when she pulled herself free of his grip, and continued to walk. "Lucia, please! Please come back!" He pulled desperately at the walking stick, his eyes beginning to burn. The official was still watching him, and he knew it was already too late. "Wait," he whispered. "I can still-" 

He felt someone collide with him, and his heart sank when he realized it was the girl from the café. "That wasn't her fault!" he said angrily to the official who dragged her away. 

And at that, the official who had been watching him apparently became bored with waiting for the stick to come loose, and silently reached out to grab his wrist. 

Gem didn't go without a fight. By the time they reached the stage, the official had scratch marks down one side of his face, and the little finger on his right hand appeared to be dislocated. He threw Gem down on the stage furiously and wiped blood from his chin. "Feral brat," he grumbled to himself as he turned away. 

Terrified and furious, Gem curled up with his face hidden in his hands, his only consolation that the official would probably be deemed imperfect now as well. He could feel the cold stare of someone just as angry as him on his back, and he knew it must have been the guy who had been dragged on stage for yelling at him. He just hoped he wouldn't have to fight that guy. 

Aries watched Harkot go with a heavy heart. He had planned to be caught by the officials himself, but watching his friend get taken was another thing entirely. But Harkot had already survived twice, so he could probably do it again. 

Being late, Aries didn't have to do much to provoke the officials. Waving at a particularly foul tempered looking one did the job, and he was quickly reunited with his friend. 

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Suddenly there was a sound like a gun being fired and the croud of people scattered in all different directions, all but one girl in a long white dress that was now splattered in deep red blood. It was Lucia, she had shot herself.
When Jess saw her stepsister lying on the ground, a hole in her head, a gun in her hand, and her dress covered in blood she felt everything inside her turn cold. She couldn't believe this was happening.
After a moment get eyes fell on Gem who was lying on the stage. Quickly pulling closed the coat Harkot had given her, she ran to him and helped him up and back over to where Tim was and held him close to her.
"It'll be ok..." She whispered in disppare.
Harkot smiled brightly at Aries and patted him on the back not saying a word but just looking out at the croud of people as the parade died down.
Katana looked out at the croud and watched as Kit was ushered away by the remaining officials. He shot her a soft reassuring smile when she looked back tears so close to falling from his eyes, but he held them back until she was out of view. He glanced at Jack and nodded a scilent thank you before letting the small tears slip down his face.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts

Gem looked up at the sound of the gun shot, and everything became numb. Who was that lying on the ground in a puddle of their own blood? He didn't understand. It couldn't have been Lucia because he had just seen her walking away, leaving him and Jess to die. And hadn't he promised yesterday that they would all return home together safely? So, it couldn't have been Lucia. 

He felt another pair of hands pulling him to his feet, and he pushed at them half heartedly, trying to get them off. When he realized the hands belonged to Jess, he glared at the ground, digging his nails angrily into her knuckles. 

Tim decided to give the siblings some space, unable to look at the body in the street. The officials hadn't even bothered to move her. All he could do was stand in front of Jess and Gem, trying to block the sight of their sister from their view. 

"I guess we have no choice but to find a way out of this, now," Aries whispered cheerfully when Harkot smiled at him. His smile faded when he noticed the dead girl, though, replaced by a grim expression. 

Jack averted his eyes from the girl, his fists clenching involuntarily. The officials and government dogs were the ones who deserved that bullet. 

He acknowledged Katana's nod with one of his own, and turned his attention to those they would have to fight. Half of them looked weak, or as though they had already given up. They wouldn't last too long. But then there were some dangerous looking people; one man kept glaring over to where the witch and her brother were huddled, radiating blood lust. And then there was Harkot, who had already survived the tournament twice. 

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
Miyuki wanted to stop Jack from running off, but she knew she had no chance and before she knew what was happening, he'd gotten himself pulled up on stage with numerous other people. She looked at him as though to apologize and continued walking, that was when she heard the gun shot and felt sick to her stomach. She hurried past the girl, closing her eyes to stop herself from crying or throwing up.

Wednesday watched in horror as Gem was pulled up onto the stage she fought her way through, "I'm sorry" she whispered to him, realizing the girl whom had shot herself must have been someone close. She'd watched as her mother and baby brother got to the end of the parade unscathed.

Kyle watched as Katana got himself pulled up on stage. "Why the hell man! She needs you!" Kyle shouted at Katana angrily. He watched Kit go, and realised he'd never get a chance to tell her how he really felt about her.

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Jess gasped and held onto gems hands looking down at him, tears filling her eyes. "G-Gem..." She whispered and tried to hold back tears as best she could. She looked up at Tim a thankful look in her eyes.
Katana looked at Kyle and sighed shaking his head, "I'm here to protect you man! I have to make sure you get out of this alive!"
Harkot looked at the group of people and sighed shaking his head.
There was a Big Bang and suddenly people started dropping like flies, they were being shot with tranquilizers to be carted away to where they would be fighting.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts

Gem succeeded in pushing Jess away, and stumbled over to Wednesday, refusing to look back. He shook his head furiously when she apologized, unable to find the words to say it had been his fault. 

Tim watched him go with a look of slight disapproval, and moved to comfort Jess again. But before he could take more than two steps towards her, he was hit in the back of the neck, and felt the world spin around him. The next thing he knew, the stage was hurtling towards him as he fell, and everything went dark. 

When people began to fall, Gem panicked again, and attempted to dodge out of the way of a tranquillizer. But there were too many of them. He passed out on Wednesday's shoulder with a single tear clinging to his eyelashes. 

Aries went down without a struggle. It wasn't time yet to start panicking, and panicking would get him nowhere in any case. The last thing he saw before everything became dark, was the grim expression on Harkot's face as he surveyed the others. 

Jack, on the other hand, tried as hard as he could to resist the tranquillizer's paralysing medicine, watching the retreating crowds below for as long as he could. It was no use. Sleep was much easier. And he eventually gave in, knowing exactly what would happen when he woke up, and not looking forward to it one bit.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users