2015 saw the beginning of World War Three, and humanities destruction. By 2020, nuclear weapons had devastated the Earth, making in uninhabitable. Luckily, in 2016, peaceful movements all over the world began to build underground tunnels in 30 different countries for refugees to take shelter. These refugees were the only survivors.
Together, they worked to build an underground system to live in, complete with an underground city in the centre. And for a while, everyone lived in peace, equality, and without fear of war or violence. Anyone who did commit horrific crimes was sent to the surface to die.
However, in the way of humanity, they did not learn from their previous mistakes, and classes began to emerge once again, along with governments, who favoured their own comfort over the lives of those who had been forced into the lower classes.
The rich began to consume resources at an alarming rate, creating artificial lights to mimic sunlight instead of being content with what they already had, and eating three times their daily rationed amounts. The poor began to starve, and the rich began to complain what they had was not enough.
Recently, criminals for much lesser crimes have been abandoned on the desolate wasteland above, and now, in the year 3020, the government has began to take countermeasures against the lack of resources by sending innocent people as well. This includes:
- Second born children, and those born after them.
- Orphaned children.
- People over a certain age.
- Those unable to work for any reason.
- Those unable to read or write.
- Anyone with a contagious or long term illness.
- Anyone who has family members who have committed a crime.
The surface world is a wasteland infested with mutated humans and animals alike, and roaming criminals turned cannibal to survive. Nature has reclaimed every inch of every building and vehicle, and only whispers of past human inhabitation remain.
The characters of this rp are unfortunates who are being loaded into the back of vans and driven to the surface, and eternal banishment. They are completely unaware of what is waiting for them above, or how they will survive once they get there.
Reason for banishment:
You can also choose to be a criminal or mutated human but your character will already be on the surface and will also likely be a cannibal. You can also have as many characters as you want, but make sure you can handle them all.
- No God-modding/super powerful characters who swoop in and save the day every five seconds.
- On the other hand, don't make your character so weak they have to be rescued every five minutes. It's annoying and no one ever wants to stop what they're doing to rescue the same character over and over.
- Everyone's characters are equally important. If it turns out that your character becomes a centre of many essential plots, then fair enough, but make sure you let others have their plot twists/back stories/side plots/etc. Don't ignore them or be like: "Ok...BUT NOW LOOK AT ME!"
- Don't kill someone else's character without their permission. It's rude.
- If you want to leave or feel you can no longer continue for whatever reason, kill your character or make them leave the group. Don't leave everyone stuck in a situation depending on your character.
- Violence and romance is encouraged - especially violence - but don't go overboard.
- Try to use correct grammar/punctuation/spelling.Typos are inevitable but we're not texting.
- Have fun. ^w^
You do not have to ask to join.